La Vache

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Melb
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
flyers, suns
Watch for Harley to ask a question to his interviewee, then start nodding before he has even opened his mouth.

betterthanu

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2006
ADL
AFL Club
Adelaide
I went to a Crows pre season training earlier in the year and Harley was there to catch up with Sando and Milburn. I was standing next to him while old person after old person came up to annoy him asking him stupid questions. I would have lost my tolerance after the first 2 or 3 but he was nice to them all and answered all their questions. He was even nice to the channel 10 bloke who was desperately trying to get him to talk to them despite him repeating that he works for channel 7. Ill take his comments over Jacko or Tony shaw.

Jun 17, 2008
East Falafel Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
lovely bloke but adds nothing - Lonergan lost a kidney, Cats are missing Scarlett and Bartel, Geelong would be disappointed not to be winning the contested ball, Selwood needs to step up as the captain but at the same time it's a great opportunity for the younger players to step up.

Seriously, made me appreciate Hame and Basil.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
lovely bloke but adds nothing - Lonergan lost a kidney, Cats are missing Scarlett and Bartel, Geelong would be disappointed not to be winning the contested ball, Selwood needs to step up as the captain but at the same time it's a great opportunity for the younger players to step up.
Luke Darcy loves the way he goes about it though.

Fastback

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2006
Melb
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Strange thing is (maybe sad) I actually looked fwd to hearing his comments yesterday as it was the only real semblance of footy related dialogue amongst the two supposed raffle winners masquerading as commentators.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Maybe he meant "in a revolution". Pods is pretty old and democracy is new to Poland...

BlueBen

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Always liked him as a player and respect his achievements in the game, but for a two-time premiership captain, he doesn't offer a whole heap of genuine insight.

Anyone else sick of this guy yet? Seems to know very little about anything and just sits there injecting football cliches every few minutes and barracking for Geelong.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
He's boring as bat s**t, but at least he's not as bad as Eddie, or Derm or BT when it comes to barracking.

He's boring as bat s**t, but at least he's not as bad as Eddie, or Derm or BT when it comes to barracking.
I'd prefer the out and out barracking. Harley's version seems slimier.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
I'd prefer the out and out barracking. Harley's version seems slimier.
Dunno. It's funny he's loathed by Cats supporters because of the way he commentates too. But because he always goes out of his way to stitch blokes up or talk them down.

Back