Hawkins or Walker?

• Hawkins

Votes: 49 39.2%
  • Walker

Votes: 76 60.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see 2012?
What when he finished equal 2nd in Coleman, Won the B&F, was AA Full Forward and kicked a goal after the siren from 50 to beat Geelong's biggest modern day rival in the Hawks?...all after the year befores GF when he kicked 3 big goals and was a key to their victory. Pretty sure he was good in the QF to get them there too but don't hold me to it.

Clearly he had a bad moment/moments which has slipped my mind but he's proven to me he goes alright in big games. Not saying Tex doesn't, he's a gun. I'd just take Hawkins first.

What when he finished equal 2nd in Coleman, Won the B&F, was AA Full Forward and kicked a goal after the siren from 50 to beat Geelong's biggest modern day rival in the Hawks?...all after the year befores GF when he kicked 3 big goals and was a key to their victory. Pretty sure he was good in the QF to get them there too but don't hold me to it.

Clearly he had a bad moment/moments which has slipped my mind but he's proven to me he goes alright in big games. Not saying Tex doesn't, he's a gun. I'd just take Hawkins first.

I think he was talking about Tex' 2012 bro.

Both are stars...

Hawkins with the runs on the board... so going with him at the moment, but that could all change soon.

Close, you'd have to say Hawkins for now. At least until Walker puts a dominant season together.
In 2012 he kicked 60+ goals despite missing 6 regular season games, tore Fremantle to pieces in the semi final, kicked 4 in the prelim against Hawthorn.

Walker is not some unknown quantity who might come good one day. His numbers to date are already outstanding.

Hawkins by a little bit. His strength in marking contests is pretty ridiculous. Manhandles pretty much every defender. Gets a bit underrated because people don't realise that Geelong's midfield is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Walker is a great talent though and could be the better player at the end of the day. I think when all is said and done they will be in similar brackets much like Pav/Riewoldt.

Walker is better around the ground.

Hawkins is a monster forward though.

Hard to say, I would probably go with Walker because I like his ability to push up around the wings and also his pressure but I would love to see Hawkins leading for our midfield.

Back