Tom Jones at the Grand Final?

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It should always be a rock band or artist. Anything else just sounds lame as s**t.

4tone

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
We can have homegrown talent or we can have someone good.
Tokyo birds to list one and other snore fest locals have been used to submit the crowd and the tv viewer's into a coma, enough with the home grown rubbish. The sooner the GF becomes a night game the better, the use of lights, pyro's and actual big name entertainment, this will lift the game from its current flat line status. It will happen soon enough and we will all benefit from it, even the boring as *s who have a bbq get wasted before 2.10 on GF day traditionalist.

Don't 97.8% of the players head over to New York, Las Vegas etc... once their season is over these days? I'm not sure they'd have much interest in returning for a Grand Final sprint.
Yeah, probably right, but I reckon I´d take a battle of the pot-bellied boot studders over another serve of Meatloaf. A man can dream.

Last time I saw tom was at one of the "days on the Green" at a winery. Seemed to be a little inconsistent in performance. Not quite at meatloaf level but there was enough to be concerned. This was early 2010.

Of course later that year we had the disaster that was meatloaf, also had DoTG tix for him the next week, hoped it was just MCG acoustics.

It wasn't, and spent most of it doing really loud karaoke to try and drown out Mr Loaf's voice. To be completely fair the newer stuff (which I didn't know) was performed better - probably written with limitations in mind.

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Pfft that's not a wardrobe malfunction.
See Boys, Boys, Boys by Sabrina for a wardrobe malfunction.
Spent many a Saturday morning in awe watching the Rage countdown waiting for that song to come on

Did the bird with hairy pits do it for ya?

Weirdo.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Tokyo birds to list one and other snore fest locals have been used to submit the crowd and the tv viewer's into a coma, enough with the home grown rubbish. The sooner the GF becomes a night game the better, the use of lights, pyro's and actual big name entertainment, this will lift the game from its current flat line status. It will happen soon enough and we will all benefit from it, even the boring as ****s who have a bbq get wasted before 2.10 on GF day traditionalist.

Not everyone wants to get up at 4pm like you.

Burning Down the House? Cardigans could redeem this.

Then they can play "Lovefool" and "My Favourite Game"

Is that grumpy bear from the Carebears (in your avatar, not casting aspersions on the Cardigans lass)? Bumbling bitterbugs. Typhonic typhoons.

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's not the biggest deal in the world but if Tom Jones can still perform well hell get that man a walking frame and give him a go!

Meatloaf provided some good lols at our GF party. I don't think it has to be an aussie band, I know ACDC would be the best option but they have better things to do and they would come at a ridiculous price surely.

Listening on triple M yesterday, Kiss was mentioned, doesn't sound too bad.
Could be worse,you could've read it as Tony Jones

I read it as Tom Jonas. That surely won't work.
649251-ef37d5aa-cffd-11e3-8fb0-f8d7f99ee21f.jpg

It's not the biggest deal in the world but if Tom Jones can still perform well hell get that man a walking frame and give him a go!

Meatloaf provided some good lols at our GF party. I don't think it has to be an aussie band, I know ACDC would be the best option but they have better things to do and they would come at a ridiculous price surely.

Last edited:
Back