Delisted Tom Lee

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
These articles really show just how much more complicated injury is then we like to admit. 6 months rehabilitation from those surgeries is a massive amount of time, its no wonder Lee was set back so much last year. Looking forward to a good year from him this year.
Also makes me realise why i never thought he had a body that looked 'AFL fit ' . He wouldve done stuff all weights cos of the dodgy shoulders.
Might be hope for Tommy yet:thumbsu:

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
These articles really show just how much more complicated injury is then we like to admit. 6 months rehabilitation from those surgeries is a massive amount of time, its no wonder Lee was set back so much last year. Looking forward to a good year from him this year.

It's kinda worrying that the club didn't have someone more closely monitoring his rehab so that he didn't have the set backs from pushing too hard. Could be a symptom of our financial issues?

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Very interesting stuff and hope he gets a really good crack at this year without any injury interruptions, for him and for us, as he showed late in 2013 that he can bring something beneficial to the table. He has some really useful attributes (good height, big leap, good speed, elite kicking (both field- for his height- and for goal), terrific below his knees and is a really likable, bubbly type.

Last edited:
Lee is a really upbeat and vocal guy at training. He's probably the guy who will fill the Milney role of getting the guys up and about with humour and enthusiasm. He's pretty highly skilled too. Can't wait for a big season from him.

Are there any photos of tom from training the other day ?
Has he beefed up and finally added some bulk to that teenage body?
10923611_10152802153283183_4791213077984488234_n.jpg

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
It's kinda worrying that the club didn't have someone more closely monitoring his rehab so that he didn't have the set backs from pushing too hard. Could be a symptom of our financial issues?
Its so stupidly easy to overdo weights without even trying that it would be hard with 44 other players at the same time. Shoulders are the worst because you can have sloppy form just once and put too much strain on a tendon and bam thats 3 weeks of rest needed as he was saying. Add in the competitive nature of a football club gym and its a recipe for just doing a kg too much or over extending a bench/dumbell press.

I really wouldnt worry too much.

Lee is a really upbeat and vocal guy at training. He's probably the guy who will fill the Milney role of getting the guys up and about with humour and enthusiasm. He's pretty highly skilled too. Can't wait for a big season from him.
Thats a role thats pretty important at a club. You need blokes who make it fun and help bond the team as mates.
Dont get me wrong, im not saying draft a less skillful bloke cos he has a better sense of humour than a gun kid who is boring .
But those of us who played footy for a long time know that winning is bloody fantastic but its the mateship & laughs that make a footy club a special place to be.
Milney was great at this. At the Minute Tommy is doing his job well off field for the team. Lets hope he can step up on field as well.

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Here's what the 2015 Champion Data Prospectus had to say about Lee:

As a forward he ranked poor for disposals and score involvements and his kick rating of -11.6% was the 11th lowest of any forward to play at least 3 games.

Only won 3 hitouts from his 30 ruck contests.

At VFL level he showed some improvement from 2013, raising his avg disp from 10 to 13 and goals from 1 to 2.

Here's what the 2015 Champion Data Prospectus had to say about Lee:

As a forward he ranked poor for disposals and score involvements and his kick rating of -11.6% was the 11th lowest of any forward to play at least 3 games.

Only won 3 hitouts from his 30 ruck contests.

At VFL level he showed some improvement from 2013, raising his avg disp from 10 to 13 and goals from 1 to 2.

It's pretty hard to rank him on the last couple of years with his dodgy shoulders. He said he did the first one in the WAFl and after a clean up last year they were both still playing up. He said there is a node on the bone of his shoulders that wasn't there that they discovered last time and they are now tightened up and ready to go. He said he's competing with Memberey for a spot and said that they are in friendly competition. He said Memberey hasn't missed a shot on goal yet and it's inspired him to keep up the accuracy. I saw enough in his first season to think he's going to be very handy. Last year was a write off.

I don't take anything CD say as gospel. They think Frawley is elite and Riewoldt isn't.

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's pretty hard to rank him on the last couple of years with his dodgy shoulders. He said he did the first one in the WAFl and after a clean up last year they were both still playing up. He said there is a node on the bone of his shoulders that wasn't there that they discovered last time and they are now tightened up and ready to go. He said he's competing with Memberey for a spot and said that they are in friendly competition. He said Memberey hasn't missed a shot on goal yet and it's inspired him to keep up the accuracy. I saw enough in his first season to think he's going to be very handy. Last year was a write off.

I don't take anything CD say as gospel. They think Frawley is elite and Riewoldt isn't.

CD just report what happens. Context is important but that doesn't mean those stats aren't correct.

They don't rate Frawley as elite.

holllywood

Club Legend
Aug 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toon
Richo stated over Twitter that Lee has had luck with his injuries and has barely missed a session.

Exciting times for the Saints, as a fit and firing Lee would sort our forward line for the next 7 or so years (along side P-Mac)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lee set for new role as Saints think big

"ST KILDA will use the NAB Challenge to trial a two-pronged ruck attack, with forward Tom Lee also shaping as a pinch-hit option after a standout pre-season.

Richardson said he was looking forward to watching Lee in the pre-season competition after a strong summer.

The 24-year-old hasn't been able to cement a spot in the Saints' forward line despite repeated opportunities, but Richardson suggested he was better prepared to emerge as a regular in 2015.

"There's no doubt Tommy's had a really good run at it," he said.

"He hasn't missed a beat on the training track, he's worked hard and he looks different, he looks like he's bulked up.

"He's certainly running with much more power on the training track, our numbers suggest that, so I'm really looking forward to watching Tommy strut his stuff."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-27/saints-thinking-big-

Last edited:

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would hope we try 3rd man up every time they ruck around the ground because they'll get buried

Hit outs are overrated. Whatever we lose from a ruck point of view will be more than made up for by what we gain up forward.

Back