Tom Liberatore vs Tom Rockliff

Libba or Rockliff?

• Tom Liberatore

Votes: 140 44.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 177 55.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They just spoke about Liberatore on Talking footy. #1 in the league in pressure acts and tackles, #3 in clearances. Beast.

Watson and Carey were offered a selection of five midfielders under 100 games - Fyfe, Rockliff, Libba, Prestia, Sloane

Both said Fyfe would be their first get, Liberatore second. Watson had Rockliff as third, Carey had Prestia.

They just spoke about Liberatore on Talking footy. #1 in the league in pressure acts and tackles, #3 in clearances. Beast.

Watson and Carey were offered a selection of five midfielders under 100 games - Fyfe, Rockliff, Libba, Prestia, Sloane

Both said Fyfe would be their first get, Liberatore second. Watson had Rockliff as third, Carey had Prestia.
What about Jaeger?

Getting to the point where I think both are going to super players and glad to see them both getting the recognition they deserve. Both are probably a little under rated due to the clubs they play for. So glad that others are finally starting to take notice of them

Two great players, I love both! obviously bias towards one side rather than the other. I think both will be outstanding over the next few years, If they played for bigger clubs they would already be labelled as superstars. Only thing that really separates them is Rockliff's ability to hit the scoreboard compared to Libba, I have no doubt he will be able to work on this in years to come. Libba probably has Rockliff covered in tight though, Libba's inside work is sublime shown by his 23 Contested possessions v Pies. Can't say a bad word about either player really....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great comparison. Rockliff just, but I am a bit biased.

With Libba, never seen a father-son player who in the way he plays reminds me so much of his father.

That's it right there. Rockliff is obviously a gun, absolute jet, probably the best player on Brisbanes list. Libba is not the game breaker that Rockliff is but he is a clone of his dad. One of the absolute legends at Footscray, the type of player that makes you proud. A soldier.
Libya Jnr. is as good as his dad only taller and a much better kick. The only thing that his dad has over him is the 'I will jump on a grenade to win' attitude.
In my opinion there is nothing, and I mean nothing better than seeing a father-son come through and do well and I have no doubt that Libba Jnr will be better than his dad. I love his crappy, deadpan media interviews where he has a dig at his dad not being able to kick over a jam tin... Bloody awesome.
So in summary Rockliff is probably the better player but I wouldn't trade Libba for 10 Rockliffs... He means that much to the dogs.
Woof!

Who cares. Tackles are easy to accumulate in wet weather.
Very true about the tackles in wet weather, But can't deny Rockliff's Contested possession count tonight. This will continue forever this poll, both players are good and it is extremely hard to pick. Libba I am afraid got badly tagged today.

Who cares. Tackles are easy to accumulate in wet weather.
Stat sheet just got updated;)

So lets update it then - 45 touches (21 contested), 13 clearances and 12 tackles:eek: Machine!

2nd most tackles of the game from both teams - not sure how you can claim tackles are easy against the biggest midfield in the comp:confused:

Stat sheet just got updated;)

So lets update it then - 45 touches (21 contested), 13 clearances and 12 tackles:eek: Machine!

2nd most tackles of the game from both teams - not sure how you can claim tackles are easy against the biggest midfield in the comp:confused:
You've completely misunderstood a very simple assertion.

"Tackles are easy to accumulate in wet weather football" - not sure there is much to misunderstand... unless you were insinuating that 12 tackles in a game of AFL football is not a great effort?o_O
You were using wet weather to emphasize the significance of his stats and I'm telling you that wet weather doesn't further boost the significance of tackles, because the tackle count is always inflated in wet conditions. Anyone's tackle count would be higher in the wet.
No different. Still gotta lay them
Exactly. I'm just saying you can't use wet weather to emphasize the significance of a tackle count.

Libba shut down after qtr1, Rockliff dominates even with a Crowley tag in the second half. Poising for a great battle in the last 10 games of the season. Knowing the AA selectors, they'll probably fit one in, not both who deservedly should be in there. Can't wait to see them fit Dane Swan in the AA team somehow after a very average season. Cotchin will be in there too who has done SFA.

You were using wet weather to emphasize the significance of his stats and I'm telling you that wet weather doesn't further boost the significance of tackles, because the tackle count is always inflated in wet conditions. Anyone's tackle count would be higher in the wet. Exactly. I'm just saying you can't use wet weather to emphasize the significance of a tackle count.
Seriously... what a tosser:rolleyes: Don't worry little buddy, Libba is a great player as well:thumbsu:

What ever helps you sleep at night I guess...

Back