Tom Logan

Remove this Banner Ad

Heath and Stevenson would go before Ah Chee.

IMO there's no chance that Ah Chee will be delisted this year.

The problem I have with Campbell Heath is that he has done a knee three times and he isn't 24 yet ! Stevenson is OK but as I posted previously we have Broadbent, Hartlett, Pittard and Stewart to name four who can play off half back. We will delist four or five players but they will need to be players we can replace. Keeping guys who cannot crack it for an AFL game as backup doesn't really improve the list.

I did the exercise a couple of weeks back and had Cassisi (ret), Heath, Hitchcock, Logan and Stevenson as the possible delists. At one stage I was considering Ah Chee but he has improved out of sight during the second half of the season and is definitely a keep. Kane Mitchell is interesting because we have started him on the Rookie list for two years and I think that is the limit. It may be that Kane is elevated in place of one of the five I listed.

The club might have copped some flack from a minority for keeping Logan but our draftees need veteran leaders out there in the sanfl. Clearly the sanfl want us to have no protection out there for these kids. We're fortunate Logan has this attitude and he's bloody good value. Logan couldn't get an afl flag with us but I hope he gets an sanfl flag with us. His courage has earned it.

Whats the deal if we delist can he still stay at maggies? I bet not....

It's really s**t how the only way we can have a Port Adelaide man to usher in the next generation in the Maggies is by having them rookie listed.

If we rookie list Summerton we can make Logan captain.
If we were to rookie list Summerton and it didn't work out after a year, can we just relist him at the Magpies? Where do our senior Magpies players come from after Summerton et al retire?

It's really s**t how the only way we can have a Port Adelaide man to usher in the next generation in the Maggies is by having them rookie listed.

If we were to rookie list Summerton and it didn't work out after a year, can we just relist him at the Magpies? Where do our senior Magpies players come from after Summerton et al retire?

You're missing the entire point of the SANFL's rules on our Magpie list.

Edit: I forgot to say "assholes" loudly enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love him, heart and soul. Need to keep him around the club.

Great video. Never seen a guy put his head on the line for his team mates like he does, he plays life or death footy.

This is what makes teams great teams, an inspiration

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but Logan would have to retire.

We're allowed a max of 1 senior "leadership" player that comes off the power list to be in the squad. We kinda got around it with summo to start as there was no one capable. So we can't play Summerton an Logan in the same side without 1 being rookie listed.

The club might have copped some flack from a minority for keeping Logan but our draftees need veteran leaders out there in the sanfl. Clearly the sanfl want us to have no protection out there for these kids. We're fortunate Logan has this attitude and he's bloody good value. Logan couldn't get an afl flag with us but I hope he gets an sanfl flag with us. His courage has earned it.
Has been a shining light

The club might have copped some flack from a minority for keeping Logan...

Who are these people and where do they live?

qx9rexy75ogxxwmp3yvq.jpg

I don't recall anyone being remotely upset at the club logically keeping Logan on as a rookie listed backup?

Great asset to have around, hopefully we'll find a way to keep him involved after this year.

I've been reading on this forum for years and years. Never posted. But for the first time I feel like I need to add in my two cents.

I really love Logan as a player, skills aren't always great but ever time he plays afl, its to the best of his ability. He is a proper team man. I hope when his playing time is done the club acknowledges his contribution and offers him some sort of coaching role.

If he were willing to hang the boots up and the end of the year, could slot into development, working alongside his mate Chad at the Maggies. But I think he stillsoffers at SANFL level to the players and would not be mad if we gave him another year as rookie listed player. This video shows why we need tom Logan on our list

"Also, we know that, should after striving to our utmost, after giving our everything still not successful, our efforts will become a further part of this club's enviable tradition."

Tommy Logan lived The Creed from the day he walked into Alberton and continued on this year even though he didnt play for the a grade this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back