Universal Love Tom Lynch Appreciation Thread (memes, if you like)

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Suggested by Matchu in another thread. I'll add my contribution but for now here are matchu's and TheSunGod 's contribution.

1yCcMIz.jpg

p0zoq.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anything this guy can't do, he's now won over Mark Robinson haha Robbo Wednesday love was Tom Lynch on afl360 tonight

Here's an interesting article on Tom Lynch a day before he was drafted to the Suns:

Nick Riewoldt clone Tom Lynch heading to Gold Coast
A TEENAGER being billed as Nick Riewoldt's clone could be added to Gold Coast's list.

Tom Lynch, a raw 196cm forward from Sorrento who played TAC Cup for Dandenong Stingrays, shines on Gold Coast recruiter Scott Clayton's radar.

Stingrays coach Graeme Yeats said the similarities between Riewoldt and Lynch were remarkable.

"If you put Tom Lynch next to Nick Riewoldt and you didn't know who they were, you'd say, 'Gee whiz, they're similar'," Yeats said.

"In like-for-like, in size, in stature and he's even got the same blond hair.

"He's probably not as good looking as Nick Riewoldt, but you rarely see it.

"Like Riewoldt, he just runs his opponents into the ground and they just get that leverage from their workrate.

"There's no fluke in the fact that there'd be plenty of clubs trying to get hold of him. He's going to be a beauty."

Lynch has shot up in size and prominence this year.

A Collingwood fan, he couldn't crack the Stingrays' side last year and began this year just hoping to play well at TAC Cup level.

By June, Lynch had played all five Vic Country games at the national carnival, averaging 13 disposals and kicking a total of eight goals.

His mobility, ability to grab a strong overhead mark and his elite skills on the ground made him the stand-out tall forward in the championships.

Lynch flourished in the TAC Cup finals and was named in Dandenong's best in his last seven games.

And with the Suns, light on for goalkicking firepower, boasting picks No. 7 and 9-11 in tonight's draft, Lynch is warming to the idea of moving north.

"It's exciting and it'd be a pretty good lifestyle up there, being sunny every day, and to play with guys like Gary Ablett would be pretty special," the 18-year-old said.

"But I think Mum's hoping I stay in Melbourne."

If the Suns opt for an extra midfielder, Lynch looks likely to be snapped up by Melbourne at No. 12.

He would complement Jack Watts and Liam Jurrah in an emerging forward line.

Melbourne was the only club to speak to Lynch after the draft camp, when coach Dean Bailey and recruiting chief Barry Prendergast visited in October.

Lynch, who finished VCE exams on Friday and got his driving licence yesterday, flies to the Gold Coast this morning and admitted that, with no more distractions, his nerves were kicking in.

He certainly is becoming the next Nick Riewoldt by running his opponents into the ground. Mobile, strong overhead and elite skills on the ground - he's certainly ticking all the boxes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back