Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunny_ Has he played any games in the reserves yet? Can't see him getting into the seniors without a couple of games to get match fit

Played his second game today against the Lions 2s.

Am sure SUNS can provide details on how he went. Apparently one of our best?

Played his second game today against the Lions 2s.

Am sure SUNS can provide details on how he went. Apparently one of our best?

Kicked 6 goals on the weekend, should be a walk up start for senior selection this week.

Good news, picked him up in my Ultimate Footy draft and been waiting for him to get on the park, hopefully soon by the sounds of it :)

Lynch A True leader.
Part of the club’s emerging leadership program, the 199cm key forward was voted in by his fellow Gold Coasters to be one of the six group “captains” for the altitude camp, leading Team Respect against rival skippers Danny Stanley, Dion Prestia, Seb Tape, Rory Thompson and David Swallow.

Admired for his strong work ethic and inability to contemplate or accept failure, Lynch was the player’s obvious choice.

Gold Coast forward Tom Lynch signs contract extension until end of 2016 season.
GOLD Coast forward Tom Lynch has no plans to return to his native Victoria, with the exciting prospect extending his contract with the Suns.

NOT many players can cobble together 38 games in an injury riddled first three years in the AFL and be talked up as captaincy material.

"His game total is not huge yet, but internally he’s rated unbelievably highly," Suns list manager Scott Clayton said.

Excuse the incursion onto your board but I heard today that Lynch is flying in preseason and is tipped to be one of the biggest improvers in 2014. Just wondering what you guys are hearing given that you're a lot closer to it than I am.

Have the Suns as the big improvers for this year and to finish in the eight. Too much talent in your team under astute guidance and good senior players around them.

Excuse the incursion onto your board but I heard today that Lynch is flying in preseason and is tipped to be one of the biggest improvers in 2014. Just wondering what you guys are hearing given that you're a lot closer to it than I am.

Have the Suns as the big improvers for this year and to finish in the eight. Too much talent in your team under astute guidance and good senior players around them.

Tommy has always been one of our most underated players. We can see what he has, but due to rarely being able to string large amounts of games together because of injury we have not seen him at full flight. He has a strong lead and mark and is a great shot for goal. His attack on the ball is probably the best out of our legion of tall timber and this includes below his knees. Looks to have used his injury time wisely and conventrated on conditioning his upper body to a KPF's size. Guy is a tank. Add to this some fantastic leadership skills and a strong desire to lead by example on the training track and I think we have our general of the forward line for the next decade.

45+ goal season in 2014 :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus SUNS, here I thought that I pumped up our players!!

Hard to disagree with much of that though. ;)

Like Swallow, he just needs to keep in check when he goes full throttle and when to hold back. Otherwise he gets injured.

I agree with Sunny on the "holding back" scenario.

Lynch is sometimes too courageous for his own good.

A fantastic player who will only get better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back