Analysis Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Parker is the prototype of the new midfielder. Tall midfielder, enough speed but not ultra quick. Disposal is fine, at least he doesn't float his disposals too much. Disposal is something that will get better.

Was not being critical of Parker

Mitchell just has as much if not more upside at the same point in their careers

I think the criticism of Mitchells disposal has taken on mythical proportions with some...

Parker is elite over head by position. And an above average finisher in the forward half from ground ball contests is my appraisal.

Mitchell from last watching was limited over head by position and limited in his ability to finish in the forward half from a contest.

Probably the reason his +0.2 clearances and +1.3 possessions +0.8 clearances don't hold any sway when Longmire puts Parker as second MID every Thursday afternoon.

I was comparing them 20 games in, not comparing what Parker has become.

I think the criticism of Mitchells disposal has taken on mythical proportions with some...

Mitchell does not show as much upside as Parker. No one should believe your post.

Mitchell does not show as much upside as Parker. No one should believe your post.

believe my post? Im not selling Amway just offering a view

statistically after 20 games Mitchell is ahead, thats a fact

Not for me he doesn't. If Parker is being belted in the middle we can move him forward, we can't do that with Mitchell. Tom is good but he is very one dimensional at this stage It is why I keep saying he should play 2-3 reserves games forward, kick 2 or 3 goals.

Not for me he doesn't. If Parker is being belted in the middle we can move him forward, we can't do that with Mitchell. Tom is good but he is very one dimensional at this stage It is why I keep saying he should play 2-3 reserves games forward, kick 2 or 3 goals.

Thats not even relevant to what i was saying though

Swans are the second best team in the land. One dimensional accumulators don't pave the way to grand final day.

Players that turn a ground ball into a score from 70m out 1 on 1 do.

No stat for that I suppose?

Thats not even relevant to what i was saying though

It is, Parker is the better player and it is because of his diversity. It is the reason Hawthorn are so good. They have mitchell but all their other mids switch and change, and it makes it so hard to get on top of sides like that. I believe that is the format Horse wants, where he basically has JPK and then the others go in and out of the middle at times. Having a diverse team is critical the way football is today.

It is, Parker is the better player and it is because of his diversity. It is the reason Hawthorn are so good. They have mitchell but all their other mids switch and change, and it makes it so hard to get on top of sides like that. I believe that is the format Horse wants, where he basically has JPK and then the others go in and out of the middle at times. Having a diverse team is critical the way football is today.

Parker is a better player, i never said he wasn't

I said after 20 games Mitchell had a better record

I know you think Horse has the format he wants,you say it every time someone comments in here!

Parker is a better player, i never said he wasn't

I said after 20 games Mitchell had a better record

I know you think Horse has the format he wants,you say it every time someone comments in here!

You keep wanting to change a side that is 3-0 having flogged Port away and our midfield is working better than last year. yet you still want to change it. If we get an injury, sure lets look at it, until then no. Our midfield is more than fine.

Horses diverse midfield game plan worked a treat on grandfinal day. All those midfield rotations whilst hawthorn just walked off with the ball again and again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horses diverse midfield game plan worked a treat on grandfinal day. All those midfield rotations whilst hawthorn just walked off with the ball again and again.

It happens, and news just in it wasn't just the midfield. Beside goodes (okay game) and Pyke (par game), who else played well. They were all rubbish. It happens. We had that many players having a bad game it wouldn't have made a difference. Shame it happened on GF day but it does happen. Every side has a bad day at the office.

Unfortunately, until Horse actually picks Mitchell, it's kind of hard to argue. I might have to listen again, but when Bonz asked the question which of our midfielders we should drop for Mitchell on the podcast, no-one actually answered the question. You can quote stats on how good he is, but at the end of the day, he has to force someone out and I don't know who that will be unless there's an injury, or Horse decides to change his structure, which he won't if we keep winning.

You keep wanting to change a side that is 3-0 having flogged Port away and our midfield is working better than last year. yet you still want to change it. If we get an injury, sure lets look at it, until then no. Our midfield is more than fine.

I never said that, i just said Mitchell is a better player than some are saying and has not had the chances he deserves

I did not say we should pick him this week

Unfortunately, until Horse actually picks Mitchell, it's kind of hard to argue. I might have to listen again, but when Bonz asked the question which of our midfielders we should drop for Mitchell on the podcast, no-one actually answered the question. You can quote stats on how good he is, but at the end of the day, he has to force someone out and I don't know who that will be unless there's an injury, or Horse decides to change his structure, which he won't if we keep winning.

Im pretty sure i offered someone up! :p

Zing! We have a winner! Exactly what I have been saying. The 3rd option is Tom showing diversity up forward and showing he can play another position as well.

Im pretty sure i offered someone up! :p

When's the next time we play a team with a smaller forward line? Then I'd be all for it!

I never said that, i just said Mitchell is a better player than some are saying and has not had the chances he deserves

I did not say we should pick him this week

Last year he may have not got the chances, this year he hasn't DESERVED a chance, he has been average aside from last week where he was pretty good aside from 1 embarrassing turnover.

No need for change now at all

But if this team comes up short v Freo, if the hawks dismantle them again then i expect to see changes.

The current midfield group failed when it mattered and have played about 7 good quarters this year

The team is not set in stone

Even Kennedy is 188cm and can take a strong over head mark. That hurts opposition.

Mitchells +0.2 clearances and +1.3 possessions +0.8 tackles doesn't hurt as much as having a genuine lead target that can kick goals when he switches forward.

Last year he may have not got the chances, this year he hasn't DESERVED a chance, he has been average aside from last week where he was pretty good aside from 1 embarrassing turnover.

Lol

If they are the rules then how the f did mcglynn get a game

No need for change now at all

But if this team comes up short v Freo, if the hawks dismantle them again then i expect to see changes.

The current midfield group failed when it mattered and have played about 7 good quarters this year

The team is not set in stone

Yep. Round 8 will tell us a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back