Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This was also posted on the Carlton board. It was Jay Clark from the Hun apparently and it was Mitchell's manager that made the statement.
I would be surprised if a player who had the opportunity of playing in a grand final in his third season would say anything else, honestly. Its what his manager says AFTER the teams are released and Tom's name doesn't appear that will be interesting.

If reports are right that he is on $500k, then he is the most overpaid player in the league.

if these reports are true, then they will trade him for a 2nd rounder for the salary cap relief.

If reports are right that he is on $500k, then he is the most overpaid player in the league.

if these reports are true, then they will trade him for a 2nd rounder for the salary cap relief.
Don't think so

lets see how many clubs are willing to pay $500k and a top 10 pick for Mitchell.

Let's see how many clubs are invited to pay $500k and a top 10 pick for Mitchell. He's a contracted Swan and I've seen nothing to suggest he won't be a contracted Swan in 2015 too.

Let's see how many clubs are invited to pay $500k and a top 10 pick for Mitchell. He's a contracted Swan and I've seen nothing to suggest he won't be a contracted Swan in 2015 too.

perfect.

If you can afford to keep players and pay them 500k and not play them, well I guess good luck to Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you would certainly hope so considering he is getting paid $500k a year!

BTW, whats wrong with him at the moment, why was he dropped and why isn't he playing on Saturday?
He's not fully fit he was playing limited game time in the reserves late in the year and he only played the last round because we rested a few

you would certainly hope so considering he is getting paid $500k a year!

BTW, whats wrong with him at the moment, why was he dropped and why isn't he playing on Saturday?

He will almost certainly be the 23rd player picked. If the coaches were picking for round 1 2015 with the same players available, I suspect he might get the nod ahead of Lloyd. Other Swan fans might shout me down here, but impressively as Lloyd has slotted into the side, I would still have Mitchell just ahead of him. But the midfield has been relatively set for two thirds of the season and none of the incumbents have given any reason to be dropped. I think Lloyd deserves to keep his spot for the remainder of this year - just the one game now - and then they start neck and neck to win a spot at the beginning of next season.

Mitchell came in for the last two games of the H&A because Kennedy and Bird were injured. Once they were ready to resume, they re-won their spots. Kennedy is a no brainer, while Bird has extra experience and flexibility (and proven "role playing" ability) that Mitchell doesn't yet have.

They were interviewing some guy on SEN this morning re trades (missed his name) and he stated that Mitchell wants to stay in Sydney and break into the side, loves the club and living in Sydney so might be off the table.

He's never been on the table.
He is contacted until the end of 2016.
We signed him for 5 years because we recognised his talent

Pyke was just signed until the end of 2016 today. Is he now on the trade table?

So will it make things better if he plays for Carlton as the most overpaid player in the league?

In the remaining years of his contract there is every chance he could justify that kind of money. I don't know whether he will make it to the Blues, elsewhere, or stay put.. but injuries permitting, the kid will be a star.

Back