Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i love tommy but i'd put him on the over rated side of the equation. One paced and can't kick, not great qualities for a modern footballer. Reminds me a bit of priddis, so maybe he's a future brownlow medalist. Would fit comfortably into most 22's but with Kennedy, bird, jack and parker all similar but with more tools i dont see how he gets in unless injuries. wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to trade him for a first rounder imo

So what's he gunna be on then ? $2m?

I have no idea what his current contract is. I don't think anyone does.. that's just all speculation. People saying it's 500k a year make me laugh. There's no way anyone except for Mitchell, his manager, and the Swans that would know the specifics. For what it's worth, I think he will remain at the Swans next year anyway.

He's never been on the table.
He is contacted until the end of 2016.
We signed him for 5 years before we signed Buddy for 10 years, prompting the AFL to crack down on the COLA rort, meaning that we now have to clear space in our cap given that we'd paid massive amounts to get Tippett and Franklin through the door.

Pyke was just signed until the end of 2016 today. Is he now on the trade table?

EFA

On footy classified Lloyd was saying as he understand it tom Mitchell is going to back him self at the swans, rather then moving clubs and potentially getting a pay rise, also stated that his been injured pretty much all year on and off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd still rather Mitchell. How many clubs wanted Dustbin when he walked out on you last year?

What - i expect Essendon to make a big offer to Martin next year - Martin is a proven AFL player and probable B and F winner.

On footy classified Lloyd was saying as he understand it tom Mitchell is going to back him self at the swans, rather then moving clubs and potentially getting a pay rise, also stated that his been injured pretty much all year on and off.

How could Mitchell get a pay rise - he'a on already close to 500K - I doubt any club would pay a top 10 pick for Mitchell.

Its not Tom wanting out, its clubs making offers. Sydney might be convinced to let him go for an early draft pick & freeing up some salary space.

Its not Tom wanting out, its clubs making offers. Sydney might be convinced to let him go for an early draft pick & freeing up some salary space.
And they'll get Heeney in this years draft who would be a great replacement at a fraction of the cost.

And they'll get Heeney in this years draft who would be a great replacement at a fraction of the cost.
Mills and Dunkley next year, they just keep on coming! That being said, there will be a surplus of mids for us in 2 or 3 years time, someone may get squeezed out, so keep your hopes up.

Not just being carlton biased here but that article and quote really does not conclusively mean he is staying...all he really said is that hes happy and contracted ready for pre season but almost all players eg franklin say they are happy...he would not want to say yes and cause a media storm just before swans grand final...not saying hes moving, but dont see how the article is proof he is staying

Back