Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

what, ultimately, will sydney be willing to accept?

say dees offered their second round pick (somewhere in the late teens / early 20s) for him, would that be 'enough', based upon his lack of game time for the swans?

i would expect he'd be a monty to be in our best 22, which is still crying out for midfielders.

Ultimately something will give, although Harry Cunningham returns to the side this weekend & he is a direct competitor of Tom.

I know the Eagles were into both Sydney & Mitchell, along the lines of 'if you guys decide to part company'.

Dees are still short of midfield talent. I'd love to grab Mitchell.

It'll be really interesting to see if and how he plays at AFL level throughout the year.

Tom Mitchell should out of Sydney ASAP. With Heeney doing so well and Mills coming on board next, he will be the winner of the NEAFLs best and fairest.
Also seems like the Swans want to really have a strong bunch of NSW kids in their team, which makes good sense.

If i was the eagles id be going hammer and tong at both Mitchell and Coniglio.

If it is one thing the Eagles DON'T need it is one paced midfielders, as good as they are. They have Sheed, Waterman (hopefully), and Priddis. Mitchell is potentially a very good player, but he suits a side with an inside mid position up for grabs. Carlton makes sense but it is either Mitchell or Aish, they probably won't get both. Now who else is there, obviously St Kilda would be an option, maybe Richmond.

If it is one thing the Eagles DON'T need it is one paced midfielders, as good as they are. They have Sheed, Waterman (hopefully), and Priddis. Mitchell is potentially a very good player, but he suits a side with an inside mid position up for grabs. Carlton makes sense but it is either Mitchell or Aish, they probably won't get both. Now who else is there, obviously St Kilda would be an option, maybe Richmond.
Brisbane to replace Aish but we're probably after Motlop

Brisbane to replace Aish but we're probably after Motlop

Can't see it, Motlop will stay and Brisbane don't have anything Geelong would want unless you plan on sacrificing some prime assets.

Motlop is out of contract best mate (Bundy)is at Brisbane we would get him in the pre season draft

No you won't and of all clubs Brisbane wouldn't want to go that route, not to mention your side won't come last and there are other sides in front in the PSD. PSD is practically useless nowadays with free agency and what not. Mates or not, Motlop won't leave Geelong, and Geelong rightly so would ask for a lot and you are talking your first rounder AT LEAST.

No you won't and of all clubs Brisbane wouldn't want to go that route, not to mention your side won't come last and there are other sides in front in the PSD. PSD is practically useless nowadays with free agency and what not. Mates or not, Motlop won't leave Geelong, and Geelong rightly so would ask for a lot and you are talking your first rounder AT LEAST.
Have you seen us play lately to say we won't finish last you don't know that for sure. It's about time we stole some players from other clubs it's happened to us a lot over the years.

The Eagles just need good midfielders.

Is he a two way runner, does he apply defensive pressure, is he strong around the contest?

The Eagles just need good midfielders.

Is he a two way runner, does he apply defensive pressure, is he strong around the contest?

He is very good in terms of defensive pressure, however is there REALLY s spot? Are you really trading your first rounder for a slight upgrade on Dom Sheed. Mitchell suits Subi terribly as well, as it is a large ground. I just can't see it, although I'll see how it plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen us play lately to say we won't finish last you don't know that for sure. It's about time we stole some players from other clubs it's happened to us a lot over the years.

You are better than Carlton at least and it isn't as if Melbourne, or Gold Coast are going that well. Can easily see you winning a few games at home.

He is very good in terms of defensive pressure, however is there REALLY s spot? Are you really trading your first rounder for a slight upgrade on Dom Sheed. Mitchell suits Subi terribly as well, as it is a large ground. I just can't see it, although I'll see how it plays out.
Honestly, having a number of a type who are not good, doesn't ngate the need for players of that type who are good.

Sheed, Mitchell and Waterman, that is a strong core of young onballers. Move Shuey to the wing, rotate Yeo through the centre and target a player like Conigs

Aish to adelaide
Dangerfield to geelong
Motlop to brisbane

Cats 1st pick to crows as well.

I can see the crows matching any free agency contract and forcing Dangerfield into a trade scenario.

As a cats fan I can see Motlop going to Brisbane.

I reckon your first rounder (1-5) for Mitchell and Zac Jones.

With our trade restriction this year I doubt we would trade 2 players for 1. More likely we would trade a player (like Mitchell) for 2 picks, perhaps a 2nd & 3rd or 3rd & 4th rounder.

Bingo, would have had to be a ridiculously over the odds offer to do it last year.

That's what people will fail to see LPno1

Reportedly on what, $400,000 a year? Will need to be paying $450,000+ to even get him to consider a trade out. Add to that, getting Sydney to sit at the table would need to be a pretty decent offer.

That's what people will fail to see LPno1

Reportedly on what, $400,000 a year? Will need to be paying $450,000+ to even get him to consider a trade out. Add to that, getting Sydney to sit at the table would need to be a pretty decent offer.

Some clubs MAY be tempted to pay that, I do mean some. Carlton might, I mean they paid a lot for Dale Thomas with numerous injuries. That said this trade is really a wait and see.

Some clubs MAY be tempted to pay that, I do mean some. Carlton might, I mean they paid a lot for Dale Thomas with numerous injuries. That said this trade is really a wait and see.
Sad thing is Thomas was still in our top 10 players despite injury. I wouldn't doubt he'll come good again.

Sad thing is Thomas was still in our top 10 players despite injury. I wouldn't doubt he'll come good again.

That is a sad indictment to where Carlton are at, relying on Dale Thomas. I rate him but I don't rate him at 750-800K, surely half of that money could have been used to target someone else.

Personally I can't see Carlton going after Mitchell. He would cost a fair bit in a trade, is on an inflated wage and we already have a one paced midfield.

Personally I can't see Carlton going after Mitchell. He would cost a fair bit in a trade, is on an inflated wage and we already have a one paced midfield.

With no offence mean't, he would still be a great addition as it would help Cripps big time, and would allow Murphy, etc to be more natural and outside.

Back