Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Never did he say that we were relying on him, he just said he was probably in our top 10 players.

That is a worry, at no stage should a bloke with busted ankles and every other injury in the book should be in your top 10 players. If he is, you are targeting the wrong player. Thomas is what you call the 'cream', but you need the cake first. It would have been better to target someone who is a pure extractor so to speak. A real hard nut is what Carlton need (but ideally one with good skills)

I'm not doubting Mitchell as a player I rate home very highly but I doubt our second rounder would get him and our first is way too high. Also building a midfield around two one paced midfielders in Mitchell and Gibbs and another slow one in Cripps would be poor list management

I'm not doubting Mitchell as a player I rate home very highly but I doubt our second rounder would get him and our first is way too high. Also building a midfield around two one paced midfielders in Mitchell and Gibbs and another slow one in Cripps would be poor list management

Gibbs isn't that slow, he isn't electric, but he isn't slow. He would be no slower than Parker for instance. Your 2nd might be enough, I don't know what picks sydney will need for Mills and Dunkley. No idea at this stage.

That is a worry, at no stage should a bloke with busted ankles and every other injury in the book should be in your top 10 players. If he is, you are targeting the wrong player. Thomas is what you call the 'cream', but you need the cake first. It would have been better to target someone who is a pure extractor so to speak. A real hard nut is what Carlton need (but ideally one with good skills)
Cripps' nickname is the extractor

Apparently we do.

We already have 3 of them in our side, and that isn't including Bird, Hanners, McGlynn who can all play inside if need be.

I wish Tom well and he'll get chance s this year, is important for him to make the most of it and show diversity.

We already have 3 of them in our side, and that isn't including Bird, Hanners, McGlynn who can all play inside if need be.

I wish Tom well and he'll get chance s this year, is important for him to make the most of it and show diversity.

Would a trade for Henderson be acceptable? Seems like it would fit both clubs.
If not ..Id say Geelong would be interested him but I doubt we would would trade our R1.. guess that rules us out

Would a trade for Henderson be acceptable? Seems like it would fit both clubs.
If not ..Id say Geelong would be interested him but I doubt we would would trade our R1.. guess that rules us out

Quick answer yes Henderson would be perfect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the narrative last year was Mitchell just wasnt getting selected because he was injured/coming back from injury/building fitness. And these Sydney types keep saying how valued he is and how important he is and how he isnt going anyware.
Well did he go "anyware"?

A club in the 8 but wanting to move into the top 4 may be interested or a club just outside the top 8. If he is seen as a play to a good level straight away he will have appeal to these types of clubs. The Cats with some aging stars may be interested??? The Hawks gave overall pick 19 for O'Rourke plus downgraded overall pick 43 to 40. So pick 14 to 20 would be the expected range for Mitchell. The problem the Swans have is that if he does not play much AFL this season his value will likely fall. The Swans may then look to package players. A lower team may look to trade for a good package from the Swans?? Would the Saints be interested in Reid at CHB or CHF and Mitchell in the guts. Throw in a very good free agent and they should improve fairly quickly???? All conjecture!!!!

A club in the 8 but wanting to move into the top 4 may be interested or a club just outside the top 8. If he is seen as a play to a good level straight away he will have appeal to these types of clubs. The Cats with some aging stars may be interested??? The Hawks gave overall pick 19 for O'Rourke plus downgraded overall pick 43 to 40. So pick 14 to 20 would be the expected range for Mitchell. The problem the Swans have is that if he does not play much AFL this season his value will likely fall. The Swans may then look to package players. A lower team may look to trade for a good package from the Swans?? Would the Saints be interested in Reid at CHB or CHF and Mitchell in the guts. Throw in a very good free agent and they should improve fairly quickly???? All conjecture!!!!

Id say that sounds fair. If Geelong finish with a top10 pick , what package would you propose.

Well hard to gauge how good Mitchell really is?
I suggest you would be better off gauging him from his games at AFL level. There have been 20 of them for you to have a look at.

The one stat that says a lot is he is not getting games. He is not best 22. Thats in itself does affect his rating.

Not here to banter price.

More so musing as to why he isn't getting a game in the first place. It was viewed as work rate. IMO should get a call up for an injured Heeney or McGlynn.

As an aside if looking for price, look at the JOR trade and then add a bit more due to afl exposure.

I suggest you gauge him from his games at AFL level. There have been 20 of them for you to have a look at.
Id suggest the Swans are gauging him on the games he has played hence not playing. He may very good talent and just can not get in. Similar to Newtown at Port last year. Looks a handy type but couldn't break into the Port side , goes to Melb one can see he is not a bad player.

Back