Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Send pick 6 and 26 to gws for Jaksch, pick 20 and pick 23.

Send pick 20 to Sydney for Mitchell.

Out pick 6 and 26
In Mitchell, Jaksch and pick 23
BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. NO.

I think that Trade Week will become a Mexican stand off between Carlton and Sydney.

Sydney will remain steadfast in their demand for Pick #7, and we will try to come up with any sort of deal where Pick #7 is off the table.

Unfortunately, Sydney have all the bargaining power in this one given that Mitchell is still contracted, and given clubs generally allow players to get to their destination of choice - Sydney will know how valuable Mitchell is and merely won't want to get bent over for the sake of trading.

My guess is that after two weeks of chest beating and huffing and puffing, we will cave and throw Pick #7 on the table for Mitchell + Membrey/Towers, which I think would be a good return as it also helps us gain another highly rated player that can help address a need (Membrey as a solid, lead up forward with beautiful kicking and marking, Towers as a tallish, outside, line breaking speedster).

To be honest if Carlton offer a second round pick for Mitchell we are not going to give him up, or we will find another club who is willing to offer more.

Not sure if we have interest or if he has interest in going back to WA.
but if the stars aligned personally would be happy to give up our pick 12.

I find it hard to believe that carlton supporters wont be willing to part with there first pick for Mitchell a 21 year old potential a grader , much less risk involved in that then who they take with there first and on a plus the development has already been put into him so they cant stuff that up, its a fair deal for both teams

I think that Trade Week will become a Mexican stand off between Carlton and Sydney.

Sydney will remain steadfast in their demand for Pick #7, and we will try to come up with any sort of deal where Pick #7 is off the table.

Unfortunately, Sydney have all the bargaining power in this one given that Mitchell is still contracted, and given clubs generally allow players to get to their destination of choice - Sydney will know how valuable Mitchell is and merely won't want to get bent over for the sake of trading.

My guess is that after two weeks of chest beating and huffing and puffing, we will cave and throw Pick #7 on the table for Mitchell + Membrey/Towers, which I think would be a good return as it also helps us gain another highly rated player that can help address a need (Membrey as a solid, lead up forward with beautiful kicking and marking, Towers as a tallish, outside, line breaking speedster).

Maybe not Towers, but I can see Sydney letting Membrey go.

What do Swans fans think about that? Do we have to throw in steak knives in your opinion for that, or does pick 7 adequately cover you (especially considering Swans might think with 7 and Heeney they don't need to worry about Mitchell in the future leaving for less...)

Or Sydney just keep him.

What do Swans fans think about that? Do we have to throw in steak knives in your opinion for that, or does pick 7 adequately cover you (especially considering Swans might think with 7 and Heeney they don't need to worry about Mitchell in the future leaving for less...)
i rather give you towers and keep Membrey. Membrey is Goodes replacement.

Or Sydney just keep him.

Melbourne should offer pick 3 if they get it, for Mitchell and Malceski.
That would give them one A grader in Malceski and A grade talent in Mitchell.
Malceski brilliant ball use out of defense, would instantly improve Melbourne.
And Mitchell is ready to go straight away, when a first year player needs to be managed.

A half backline of Harry O, Lynden Dunn and Nick Malceski would give Melbourne one
of the best lines in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depending on delistings etc, a swap of late pick eg 3rd or 4th round would be nice

I think Sydney will want to keep Membrey. However, this one is not entirely in their hands because he is out of contract. Despite still being unproven at AFL level, I am sure recruiters from other clubs will have watched him a fair bit this year. We played more than half our reserves games against the Giants/Suns/Lions reserves, so watching these games gives recruiters a good chance to see a lot of decent prospects who may get squeezed out of their lists.

I will be surprised if Membrey doesn't have a few clubs whispering in his ears, offering him a bit more money than the Swans can, plus more chance of senior football. Carlton seems likely to be one of those (and he was / is close friends with Nick Graham).

Every club who has a pick between 5-20 will trade it for Mitchell. There is nothing enticing about choosing Carlton, and even if he does, your deal is unrealistic.

Are u forgetting that Mitchell must agree to it? Not sure why you would mention other clubs.

If Mitchell does choose Carlton, all other clubs are off the table. Simple fact.

Carlton won't give up a pick as low as 6 for a guy who is playing reserves no matter what people value him as.

Yes, contracted. He can stay there if he and Sydney want.

But if he wants to leave, then the swans can either deal with clubs (unless he picks just one) or they can keep him.

If a deal cannot be met he will either stay at Sydney (and they can pay him currently what is in the contract) or they can have a disgruntled player on their list.

If both clubs cannot reach an agreement it will be tried to be sorted by the afl. They won't be telling Sydney that they deserve pick 6 for a guy not in their best 22

Really? Wouldn't have thought he was good enough once the ball hits the ground to be a worthwhile Goodes replacement? Have I read himw rong?

No you haven't. He's far from another Adam Goodes. But playing someone like Goodes as your medium sized, versatile forward is a bit of luxury that isn't going to arise too often. The relevance of Goodes is just that while Goodes is playing, it is less likely that Membrey will get senior opportunities. Goodes' retirement, if he chooses that, would free up a spot in the team. Membrey, Towers and Jack would all have their eye on that spot if they stick around Sydney.

If both clubs cannot reach an agreement it will be tried to be sorted by the afl. They won't be telling Sydney that they deserve pick 6 for a guy not in their best 22
No it won't. He'll stay in Sydney. Why would the AFL get involved in negotiations around a contracted player? Everything Mitchell has said publicly indicates he's happy in Sydney. Quotes attributed to his father say the same thing. Even if he might entertain the idea of a move if he thought it would give him more senior opportunities, that doesn't mean he'd be disgruntled if he landed up staying.

My expectation is that with an injury free off-season he'd be in our starting 21 next season anyway.

Are u forgetting that Mitchell must agree to it? Not sure why you would mention other clubs.

If Mitchell does choose Carlton, all other clubs are off the table. Simple fact.

Carlton won't give up a pick as low as 6 for a guy who is playing reserves no matter what people value him as.

Yes, contracted. He can stay there if he and Sydney want.

But if he wants to leave, then the swans can either deal with clubs (unless he picks just one) or they can keep him.

If a deal cannot be met he will either stay at Sydney (and they can pay him currently what is in the contract) or they can have a disgruntled player on their list.

I seem to recall a similar situation in 2008 with a player called Ryan O'Keefe.

Pelchan didn't want to put up hawks first and second from recollection and we didn't want to part with him. In this situation he was uncontacted.

Pick 20 for Mitchell? He would be a top 5 pick this year if he entered the national draft.
Would the Swans take Heeney before Mitchell? :p
I find it hard to believe that carlton supporters wont be willing to part with there first pick for Mitchell a 21 year old potential a grader , much less risk involved in that then who they take with there first and on a plus the development has already been put into him so they cant stuff that up, its a fair deal for both teams
Happy to keep the pick and stuff up their development like Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Yarran, Henderson, Menzel and Cripps. :)

We'll keep the pick if Durdin, Lever, Ahern or Laverde have more upside than Mitchell. Durdin could get through if Melbourne aren't compensated with an early pick for Frawley.

Would the Swans take Heeney before Mitchell? :p

Happy to keep the pick and stuff up their development like Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, Yarran, Henderson, Menzel and Cripps. :)

We'll keep the pick if Durdin, Lever, Ahern or Laverde have more upside than Mitchell. Durdin could get through if Melbourne aren't compensated with an early pick for Frawley.
How is that even relevant to what I said. Heeney is out of the topic because hes already a lock at 18. Im saying if Mitchell went through the national draft a club like Brisbane or Melbourne will pick him up with a top 5 pick.

Surely pick 7 for Mitchell would be a no-brainer for the Swans. They'd take Laverde and their midfield for the next five years is:

Jack 27
Kennedy 26
Bird 26
Jetta 25
Hannebery 24
Parker 22
B Jack 20
Perris 20
Jones 19
Heeney 18
Laverde 18

And also some combination of Towers 24, Rohan 23, Biggs 23, Cunningham 21, Lloyd 21. Unbelievable depth really. You can see why Mitchell's not getting a game. Replacing him with a guy three years younger (Laverde) is good for the age spread.

Surely pick 7 for Mitchell would be a no-brainer for the Swans. They'd take Laverde and their midfield for the next five years is:

Jack 27
Kennedy 26
Bird 26
Jetta 25
Hannebery 24
Parker 22
B Jack 20
Perris 20
Jones 19
Heeney 18
Laverde 18

And also some combination of Towers 24, Rohan 23, Biggs 23, Cunningham 21, Lloyd 21. Unbelievable depth really. You can see why Mitchell's not getting a game. Replacing him with a guy three years younger (Laverde) is good for the age spread.

KPP will be chosen if we do trade him. Mills and Dunkley probably coming to us next year

Back