Competitions TONTINE game 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Maggie5 and Baltimore Jack have suggested this new game in lieu of the Goal Kicking Comp
(although we can have both if you want)

The game is called Tontine

The aim of the competition is to be the last person standing and win a prize of fame and glory amongst your peers (but will see what I can do)

The rules:
1. Players pick only 1 team each week. To stay alive that team must win.

2. The same team cannot be picked (until you've selected every team once)
3. A Draw is NOT considered to be a win

4. If you forget to make a weekly selection you will be allocated the team that is on the bottom of the ladder at that round (unless you've already selected it, it which case you're out)

Entries close before the first bounce of the first game each week.

Other rules can be considered in an endeavour to make the competition harder and end more quickly so that a new competition can start (with more participating) if you want to suggest something.

As usual please copy and paste the previous post in the Reply section and add your name to the list.
Have fun!

thanks to maggie and baltimore for their help :)

fyi Vicky Park Gone Critical 76woodenspooners

Last edited:

Maggie5 and Baltimore Jack have suggested this new game in lieu of the Goal Kicking Comp
(although we can have both if you want)

The game is called Tontine

The aim of the competition is to be the last person standing and win a prize of fame and glory amongst your peers (but will see what I can do)

The rules:
1. Players pick only 1 team each week. To stay alive that team must win.
2. The same team cannot be picked 2 weeks in succession i.e. you may pick Collingwood against Adelaide this week, but you can't then pick Collingwood against St Kilda the following week.
3. A Draw is NOT considered to be a win
4. If you forget to make a weekly selection you will be allocated the team that is on the bottom of the ladder at that round

5. Wild Card Rounds: Every 4th Round the team on top of the ladder will not be available to be picked

Other rules can be considered in an endeavour to make the competition harder and end more quickly so that a new competition can start (with more participating) if you want to suggest something.

As usual please copy and paste the previous post in the Reply section and add your name to the list.
Have fun!

thanks to maggie and baltimore for their help :)

Can I suggest you can only pick every team once? Otherwise Hawthorn will be picked every 2nd week by everyone and it's less interesting.

Good idea though

Can I suggest you can only pick every team once? Otherwise Hawthorn will be picked every 2nd week by everyone and it's less interesting.

Good idea though
Are you in?
That is a good idea, but for me when we play them I want to pick Collingwood:p

Good idea though
I've checked out the other boards and they play this slightly differently, however to make it a little more difficult I'll change it to

"you can't pick the same team in a rolling 4 week period"
(e.g. if you pick Hawks this week rd2 you can't pick them again until rd 6)
You're all going to have to be really honest!:p

see edited OP

Magpie Girl
Maggie5
Baltimore Jack
Yidaki
PieMan!
John Citizen
DrDavoren
Bard
Kappa

I've checked out the other boards and they play this slightly differently, however to make it a little more difficult I'll change it to

"you can't pick the same team in a rolling 4 week period"
(e.g. if you pick Hawks this week rd2 you can't pick them again until rd 6)
You're all going to have to be really honest!:p

see edited OP

That's making things complicated MG :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magpie Girl
Leigh Lowther
Maggie5
Baltimore Jack
Yidaki
PieMan!
John Citizen
DrDavoren