Competitions Tontine Tipping Comp - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I know the logistics would be difficult, but I was thinking how cool it would be if every entrant offered a prize to become part of a package of prizes that would be sent out to the winner. If everyone put in something cheap and quirky, it could be quite funny for the winner to receive. Kind of like a mystery prize basket.

Happy to facilitate this - would be pretty cool :)

If in Perth I could facilitate, if winner in Melbourne, we can drop off on Grand Final weekend :thumbsu:

Happy to facilitate this - would be pretty cool :)

If in Perth I could facilitate, if winner in Melbourne, we can drop off on Grand Final weekend :thumbsu:

I'll buy the winner a bag of kangaroo poo if I get knocked out in the first round because of North

Official statistics as we head into Saturday's matches:

Players at start of competition: 27
Players remaining: 25
Players involved today: 5 (all tipping GWS).

The rest of us have either Geelong, WCE or North on Sunday.

Will today see a further loss of 5 participants?

NB: GWS are now underdogs for the match, according to the OzBet website. However, as this occurred AFTER the commencement of the round, Rule #4 does not apply (as a player could not select GWS as their Tontine tip at this point of the week). At the commencement of the round they were favourites, and thus remain a Favourite tip. Thus, a win does not mean an Immunity Round is earned by these players.

Official statistics as we head into Saturday's matches:

Players at start of competition: 27
Players remaining: 25
Players involved today: 5 (all tipping GWS).

The rest of us have either Geelong, WCE or North on Sunday.

Will today see a further loss of 5 participants?

NB: GWS are now underdogs for the match, according to the OzBet website. However, as this occurred AFTER the commencement of the round, Rule #4 does not apply (as a player could not select GWS as their Tontine tip at this point of the week). At the commencement of the round they were favourites, and thus remain a Favourite tip. Thus, a win does not mean an Immunity Round is earned by these players.

Rule 4 doesn't mention anything about after the commencement of the round.

Rule 4 doesn't mention anything about after the commencement of the round.

Yep, but as per previous discussion, the tip needs to be submitted before the bouncedown of game 1, otherwise Rule #5 is useless. I.e. if you don't tip before the start of the round, and the rankest outsider wins on Friday night, then you have no incentive to actually tip, and can just claim the free win. Thus the tipping is closed at first bouncedown. Will confirm that in another rule.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of Round 2, we have 20 players remaining:
Remember to check out the Official Spreadsheet for all past tips: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SVRGZ2l6UDdsMmJRR28wNWR2MkE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Round Specials for Round 3:
Cannot tip: West Coast (vs St Kilda), as per Rule 2
If you fail to tip, you get: St Kilda (vs West Coast), as per Rule 5

NB: Fremantle and Hawthorn are currently level pegging on the odds. If this changes and one team becomes favourite, then the other will become an Immunity trigger. If your pick is underdog at any stage during the week, then please let me know and it will count as an Immunity trigger.

It is a jinx.

I'll be tipping us in otger comps. Especislly if both Mitchell and Hodgepodge don't come up.

I'm going to tip us too.

I've decided to make a blanket rule of tipping us every week to take out any superstitions about having to make a decision. I used to do the opposite but that starting costing me big-time a couple of years ago.

At the end of Round 2, we have 20 players remaining:
Remember to check out the Official Spreadsheet for all past tips: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SVRGZ2l6UDdsMmJRR28wNWR2MkE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Round Specials for Round 3:
Cannot tip: West Coast (vs St Kilda), as per Rule 2
If you fail to tip, you get: St Kilda (vs West Coast), as per Rule 5

NB: Fremantle and Hawthorn are currently level pegging on the odds. If this changes and one team becomes favourite, then the other will become an Immunity trigger. If your pick is underdog at any stage during the week, then please let me know and it will count as an Immunity trigger.

On the last bit there, don't you have to set a time on this, like the odds as set on Thursday when teams are announced, or Monday 5pm or something? I mean, the Freo - Hawks game is a good example. If Hodge and Mitchell are named and play, I reckon the odds are going to swing back and by Friday morning we could have Freo going in as underdogs. So we could have people picking both teams and both on track for immunity.

Maybe that's deliberate and what you want, if so, carry on. But, on face value, it seems a bit wiered to me and means people can 'play the system' a bit which is not in the spirit of these things.

Or maybe I've missed something all together, in which case. :oops::rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back