Tony Abbott Statesman or complete numpty?

Remove this Banner Ad

No setting up a perimeter around the crash site was the ONLY solution to the ongoing atrocity. The UN wringing its hands in useless frustration shows what a waste of space it is. Couldn't even preserve the site of a blatent war crime, involving multiple innocent internationals (many of whom sit on the council).

it's still a war zone and by all accounts it's even more dangerous now, than the time of the crash. I would be grateful that they got the bodies they did and the black boxes. The AFP and the Dutch team have packed bags and left the area. Abbott, should've known this would be the outcome. The Russian's and Ukrainians want to sort their business before the onset of winter, perhaps the teams should head back then.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/ukra...to-access-mh17-crash-site-20140801-zzkxy.html

it's still a war zone and by all accounts it's even more dangerous now, than the time of the crash. I would be grateful that they got the bodies they did and the black boxes. The AFP and the Dutch team have packed bags and left the area. Abbott, should've known this would be the outcome. The Russian's and Ukrainians want to sort their business before the onset of winter, perhaps the teams should head back then.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/ukra...to-access-mh17-crash-site-20140801-zzkxy.html

As it turns out that article of McGeough's that you linked to was based on BS and he had to do a full reversal within afew hours. http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/wor...ains-from-mh17-crash-site-20140802-zzp6f.html

The reason why AFP and Dutch team moved to a different town was because it gave them easier access to the crash site, where upon dozens of AFP and Dutch police went to the site and had their first thorough productive search locating more human remains and passenger belongings.

According to Abbott today the search team got full co-operation from both the Ukrainian and rebel forces.

I'm sure all posters would be relieved that that the Dutch and Australians haven't had to skedaddle as McGeough and Fairfax would have had us believe this morning.

According to Abbott today the search team got full co-operation from both the Ukrainian and rebel forces.

I'm sure all posters would be relieved that that the Dutch and Australians haven't had to skedaddle as McGeough and Fairfax would have had us believe this morning.
According to Abbott we found MH370 in March.

Abbott should resign now

The coward is backing out of his own PPL , he claimed this was his signature policy, he would not back down

Abbott should resign now

The coward is backing out of his own PPL , he claimed this was his signature policy, he would not back down

isn't this the policy that he consulted Murdoch on? before he even consulted the party-room?

isn't this the policy that he consulted Murdoch on? before he even consulted the party-room?

That's the one, except he never consulted the party room, he just told them it was happening after he announced it to the public

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, after years of not actually being a viable opposition leader and instead spending the entire time berating Rudd and Gillard for being promise breaking, back flipping authoritarians, Abbott is now... a promise breaking, back flipping authoritarian - add the metadata retention policy to the list of things that Abbott has announced/given the go ahead to that his own cabinet room has had to read about in the newspapers.

What a statesman. The leak about that went to the Guardian too, things are that bad someone in the Liberal cabinet is leaking to a centre-left newspaper.

It's like a game of Political Pong these days.

pong-animation-bruno-bougie.gif

Liberal fans went Gillard/Rudd for being backflipping liars and their supporters defending them. Now the reverse is happening and the Labor people are doing exactly what they railed against when their party was in power.

Don't people grow tired of all the hypocrisy? Or can they simply not see it in their actions?

It's like a game of Political Pong these days.

pong-animation-bruno-bougie.gif

Liberal fans went Gillard/Rudd for being backflipping liars and their supporters defending them. Now the reverse is happening and the Labor people are doing exactly what they railed against when their party was in power.

Don't people grow tired of all the hypocrisy? Or can they simply not see it in their actions?

I'm not going to get bogged down in the "no carbon tax under a government I lead" and the semantics surrounding that, but it was one statement, and Abbott absolutely hounded the government over it.

Compare that to the string of lies, backflips and misrepresentations that Abbott has already achieved, with 2 years still to go. They just keep mounting up to the point where you can't trust a single word the man says.

If this is a case of pick the bigger liar, it's an absolute no contest.

I'm not going to get bogged down in the "no carbon tax under a government I lead" and the semantics surrounding that, but it was one statement, and Abbott absolutely hounded the government over it.

Compare that to the string of lies, backflips and misrepresentations that Abbott has already achieved, with 2 years still to go. They just keep mounting up to the point where you can't trust a single word the man says.

If this is a case of pick the bigger liar, it's an absolute no contest.

It's not just about the carbon tax though. Labor was lying all along about many things. The amount of times they lied along their last tenure of supporting Rudd or supporting Gillard only to knife both of them at various stages shows the public were being taken for mugs.

There is no bigger or worse liar, they are both as bad as each other.

It's not just about the carbon tax though. Labor was lying all along about many things. The amount of times they lied along their last tenure of supporting Rudd or supporting Gillard only to knife both of them at various stages shows the public were being taken for mugs.

There is no bigger or worse liar, they are both as bad as each other.
Oh c'mon now. Seriously?

When was the last time a Party member stated publicly that the PM did not have their support? Name an instance. Other than right at the point where the leadership is being challenged.

Massively clutching at straws to use that as an example of lying. Is Turnbull telling the truth when he says Abbott has his full support? I doubt many think that, but he has to make those noises out of necessity.

What were the other Labor "lies about many things" that are comparable to Abbott's broken election promises?

Oh c'mon now. Seriously?

When was the last time a Party member stated publicly that the PM did not have their support? Name an instance. Other than right at the point where the leadership is being challenged.

Massively clutching at straws to use that as an example of lying. Is Turnbull telling the truth when he says Abbott has his full support? I doubt many think that, but he has to make those noises out of necessity.

What were the other Labor "lies about many things" that are comparable to Abbott's broken election promises?

Your passioned defence of Labor is proving my point. Despite them being one of the most unstable and dysfunctional governments in the history of the nation you're still resorting to the but but but the other side is worse arguement. Being slightly less incompetent and destructive than another incompetent and destructive government should never be a form of defence.

The Caucus is one of the worst concepts a political party could be held back by imo.

We'll never reach any kind of level of political maturity if the constant flag waving of the major parties pawns continues as is.

Your passioned defence of Labor is proving my point. Despite them being one of the most unstable and dysfunctional governments in the history of the nation you're still resorting to the but but but the other side is worse arguement. Being slightly less incompetent and destructive than another incompetent and destructive government should never be a form of defence.

The Caucus is one of the worst concepts a political party could be held back by imo.

We'll never reach any kind of level of political maturity if the constant flag waving of the major parties pawns continues as is.
Passioned defence? Internally they were a rabble, there is little denying that. They were their own worst enemy and it lost them the election.

You have stated they are as deceptive as each other and I am challenging that, and that alone. Don't misread me as some Labor apologist. I'm asking you a simple question about what Labor did in terms of lying to the voting public that is comparable to what Abbott has done, and you're failing to answer it.

Numpty head is back for the moment for wont of an international furore to dip his reptilian tongue into.
Blundering his way through a simpletons misunderstood version of how websites and meta data work.

Passioned defence? Internally they were a rabble, there is little denying that. They were their own worst enemy and it lost them the election.

You have stated they are as deceptive as each other and I am challenging that, and that alone. Don't misread me as some Labor apologist. I'm asking you a simple question about what Labor did in terms of lying to the voting public that is comparable to what Abbott has done, and you're failing to answer it.

Comparable is a subjective term. A lie is a lie to me. Labors tactics leading up to the last election was to spread lies of what the Liberals were going to do. My favourite was their assertion that the Liberals would increase school classroom sizes, even though that's a State issue not Federal.

Labor are no better than the Liberals when it comes to deceiving the public.

Comparable is a subjective term. A lie is a lie to me. Labors tactics leading up to the last election was to spread lies of what the Liberals were going to do. My favourite was their assertion that the Liberals would increase school classroom sizes, even though that's a State issue not Federal.

You're never going to get a politician whose means you agree with, you can only look at their ends. And even then, they're all lying about those anyway.

Scare tactics in election campaigns? They count as well? Holy Moses, where do we start with Abbott on that front?

What else did Labor say they would do IN GOVERNMENT, that they then failed to do. Or conversely, say they wouldn't do, and then did? Isn't that really what we're talking about? That is the sort of deception that leaves someone feeling betrayed and misled. Not someone saying the party is unified. Or a hyped up ad campaign. Statements about what you will do or not do in government, and then completely contradicting that pledge. That's political deception in its purest form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back