Remove this Banner Ad

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Personally late last year, when we signed him, I wasn't to thrilled, but it didn't bother me as I love a new face around the club and Tony had a big smile.

Midseason, it looked certain that he would be delisted at the end if the season without a senior game for us, and it was only really the posters that stood by him from the beginning(mike123 and Bring_Back_Brad) who were still rooting for him. Then after a very good 4-6 weeks in the VFL Tony had earnt a senior debut, and to a few peoples surprise, he was good!

Then came the west coast game, he started off a little shacky IIRC, then as the game went on he had another solid one, but not enough to keep his spot for the following week, or so he thought.

A week later, after a standout performance against Geelongs VFL side, Tony had earnt another senior game, only catch was that it was later that day! Tony ended up the sub, was subbed on very early and tried his heart out, and he earnt all our respect.

He kept his spot for the GWS game, and like Tony always does, he gave it his all.

But the question is, what do you think our man Tony will be doing in 2015?

I've come to really like him, he's a very handy player with his decision making, skills, tank, versatility, run and effort. As a 19th,20th,21st or 22nd ranked player in our side, I think he could add really good value with us as a role player with all his attributes.

Last edited:
I would guess at 1-8 games. Has proven himself to be handy depth the last few weeks.

If you had asked me a month ago I would have said delisted, and although he has done ok in the last few games, he is still light years away from best 22 with a fit list.

Dec 5, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea, Steelers.
Well pre poll i'll say i wan't him to play a full season provided he maintains form, something that he hasn't achieved in his career to date.

Good ball user off half back/wing is what we've been looking for for a while, and he has done better than our high payed recruit(Young) in that role.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
15 + games. This guy has a rare ability to kick it to the intended target. You know the ability only guys like Pendlebury have, that Broomhead also has it. Most players on our list could only dream of that ability.

He will be depth next season, but good depth at that.

But with our run off injuries in the last 3 seasons you'd expect he'll get plenty of senior games next year, so the 9-14 game option seems about right.

He might actually improve in his second year with us too though, he started very slowly in the VFL this year and it wasn't till about mid season that he started consistently being in the best players, which is what a player with his talent should be doing at that level.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Keep Him on the List but should be nothing more then Depth.

A Fit Squad he is not in the best 22

What if his form says his best best 22 next year.

Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Barring a massive form decline, I'd rather have him starting over Clinton Young in 2015.

That being said, I'd rather have Seedsman starting over both of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barring a massive form decline, I'd rather have him starting over Clinton Young in 2015.

That being said, I'd rather have Seedsman starting over both of them.

Hey I agree but Seedsman has to be in way better form then he has been

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
The spot is Armstrong's at the moment. It's on Seedsman to show he should take it off him. Hope he can, but don't know that's a foregone conclusion.

Why can't we have both?

DAWESOME!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why can't we have both?

That's another possibility. Think in the backline they're competing for the one spot though. Either way, Seeds has to make the case to dislodge the incumbents. (or wait five minutes for those incumbents to tear their hamstrings/feel a bit of tightness in their calf/in their quad/break their finger/do a knee)

ksardog

Brownlow Medallist
May 9, 2008
south australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nothing against armstrong, seems to be a good guy, but seriously this shows how much we hav slipped the past few years if people think he will play multiple games next year.

Not in best 30 in my opinion when we hav a full list ( current list ) . Pure depth if not even delisted. Will be like marty clarke this year

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure about others thoughts but one thing that I like about Armstrong is that when he has the ball in hand I don't panic and I know that 9 - 10 he will hit a target. which I can't say for a lot of our team atm.

Back