Multiplat Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_inline_nlfymuePse1stf01m.gif

I'll reserve judgement, don't want to get too excited. Also the new Guitar Hero looks incredibly dumb :p

I don't care how Guitar Hero looks, the game is trying something a little bit different from its conventional formula so I'm looking forward to playing it.

That being said I'm now annoyed that THPS5 will have power ups and make you shoot projectiles for some sections has me off the hype train a little.

I don't care how Guitar Hero looks, the game is trying something a little bit different from its conventional formula so I'm looking forward to playing it.

That being said I'm now annoyed that THPS5 will have power ups and make you shoot projectiles for some sections has me off the hype train a little.

Is there anything new aside from FMV? Just seems kind of gimmicky for its triumphant return to the market. And that's coming from someone who bought and absolutely adored the original Guitar Hero day of release

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anything new aside from FMV? Just seems kind of gimmicky for its triumphant return to the market. And that's coming from someone who bought and absolutely adored the original Guitar Hero day of release

What Jordz said. So the game will require a similar skillset to what came before but there are differences there that mean this isn't a simple retread of old ground.

That alone is surprising as s**t to me from an Activision released game. I also like that it is just guitar based, which means hopefully the songs can play to the games strength which is something that the later GH games forgot to do.

The whole game is a gimmick...

Not particularly sure I like the Guitar Freaks style 3 button setup (albeit two rows).
I dunno, much more excited about the possibility of a new Rock Band. Harmonix do it better.

Anyway enough of that, not trying to derail the thread!
5 years ago this announcement would have me so excited, but the last couple of years has made me so damn cynical about game development that I just can't :p

surely the last ditch attempt to get money from this brand? "tony hawks HD didn't work?! let's call it 5 and pretend nothing happened after THPS4, gamers still wish it was 2002 anyway" i wonder if it'll sell better than "thrash" "ride" "carve" or whatever the gimmicky ones were called

surely the last ditch attempt to get money from this brand? "tony hawks HD didn't work?! let's call it 5 and pretend nothing happened after THPS4, gamers still wish it was 2002 anyway" i wonder if it'll sell better than "thrash" "ride" "carve" or whatever the gimmicky ones were called
Pretty sure THPS HD did work, which was probably what led them to commit to returning to that style.

This sounds awful from everything I've read. Give me Skate 4 any day of the week.

Anyone see the gameplay trailer/tony hawk interview? The game looks very average. Remember how Tony Hawk HD was really clunky and lacked the smooth movements and flexibility of the old games? It still looks about the same now, only slightly improved. It's basically Tony Hawk HD 2.0 imo.

All these new names I've never heard of (except Nyjah and Reynolds).

Bring back Bob Burnquist!

lol to be fair, they're all pretty big names, only one I hadn't heard of was Lizzie Armanto. Bob definitely still should be in the game though, bizarre decision not to include him.

Anyone see the gameplay trailer/tony hawk interview? The game looks very average. Remember how Tony Hawk HD was really clunky and lacked the smooth movements and flexibility of the old games? It still looks about the same now, only slightly improved. It's basically Tony Hawk HD 2.0 imo.

Yeah I noticed that the gameplay looked very dated and nothing special. Here's hoping I'm wrong but my expectations of this game are fairly low.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back