3. Luke Gunnell (Gor)
4. Pat Britt (Dunns)
5. Ryan Aquilina (Gor)
6. Brett Knight (Hep)
7. Brendan Davies (Bunin)
8. Nick Locandro (Bunga)
9. Mark Gunnell (Gor)
10. Mick Lockyer (Cres)

Davies in there on season form so far, havent seen him play for Buninyong yet only Mt. Clear last year. James Maher unlucky omission.
Murphy as the top player, most useful and versatile player in the U18comp

Rnd 5 2008

1. Jackson Murphy (Bunga)
2. Joel Mahar (Bunga)
3. Luke Gunnell (Gor)
4. Pat Britt (Dunns)
5. Ryan Aquilina (Gor)
6. Brett Knight (Hep)
7. Brendan Davies (Bunin)
8. Nick Locandro (Bunga)
9. Mark Gunnell (Gor)
10. Mick Lockyer (Cres)

Davies in there on season form so far, havent seen him play for Buninyong yet only Mt. Clear last year. James Maher unlucky omission.
Murphy as the top player, most useful and versatile player in the U18comp

i think your close to it being that way m8 but not close enough.
1. joel mahar (bunga)
2. jackson murphy (bunga)
3.luke gunnel (gor)
4.pat britt (dunns)
5.brett knight (hep)
6.alec cimera (hep)
7. alex bomatali (bun)
8.mark gunnel (gor)
9. tim mitchell (bun)
10. joel kitchen (bun)

adding to comment on brendan davies he is a dangerous player around the goals but with more team based thoughts on his mind he could be alot better and buninyongs forward line would be more dangerous

adding to comment on brendan davies he is a dangerous player around the goals but with more team based thoughts on his mind he could be alot better and buninyongs forward line would be more dangerous[/

on saturday buninyong had another good win they were very strong in forward line davies was quite but the run that buninyong have from back flankers and onballers create alot of opertunities for the forward line to convert the good work onto the score board. there was an unselfish act by davies though he took a mark 25 out could have gone back but kicked around his body to matt ford which ended in a goal so evn though he was quite he was still having an impact on the score board.
i believe they are one of the top teams in the comp.

i think your close to it being that way m8 but not close enough.
1. joel mahar (bunga)
2. jackson murphy (bunga)
3.luke gunnel (gor)
4.pat britt (dunns)
5.brett knight (hep)
6.alec cimera (hep)
7. alex bomatali (bun)
8.mark gunnel (gor)
9. tim mitchell (bun)
10. joel kitchen (bun)
I agree :thumbsu:

j.maher(bunga)
j.mayall(learmonth)
a. whellan(beaufort)
m.gunnel(gordon)
b.knight(hep)
m.lockyer(creswick)
p.britt(dunnstown)
a.cimera(hep)
j.murphy(bunga)
mullane(dunnstown) dnt know first name

no order boy's just my top 1o

j.maher(bunga)
j.mayall(learmonth)
a. whellan(beaufort)
m.gunnel(gordon)
b.knight(hep)
m.lockyer(creswick)
p.britt(dunnstown)
a.cimera(hep)
j.murphy(bunga)
mullane(dunnstown) dnt know first name

no order boy's just my top 1o

very good player and very underated.

j.maher(bunga)
a. whellan(beaufort)
m.gunnel(gordon)
J.ellis(creswick)
j.murphy(bunga)
b.knight(hep)
m.lockyer(creswick)
j.mayall(learmonth)
p.britt(dunnstown)
a.cimera(hep)

J. Maher (bunga)
J.Murphy (bunga)
L. Gunnell (gordon)
A. Cimera (hepburn) he is better than knight
A. Bomitali (bunny)
R. Aquilina (gordon)
M. Gunnell (gordon)
P. Britt (dunstown)
C. Aston(learmonth) learmonth rely on him so much
P. lahey (gordon) very underated

unlucky:
Alex miller, Nick Locoandro, Josh Mcvitty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you ever say josh mcvitty is unlucky to make a a top 10 best players in the league you are a very sick individual! as the his hardness for the ball gives CHFL a bad name!

J. Maher (bunga)
J.Murphy (bunga)
L. Gunnell (gordon)
A. Bomitali (bunny)
R. Aquilina (gordon)
M. Gunnell (gordon)
P. Britt (dunstown)

unlucky:
i dont rate aston much wat i have seen of him

J. Maher (bunga)
J.Murphy (bunga)
L. Gunnell (gordon)
A. Bomitali (bunny)
R. Aquilina (gordon)
M. Gunnell (gordon)
P. Britt (dunstown)

unlucky:

very true go the swans to put me in with names like that is ridiculous although thanks for the thought two more than capable players from learmonth to ut in that spot would be bondy or jim mayall and also it takes 18 players on the ground to all be relied on to win a game of footy i wouldn of got a kick this year if i hadn of had the midfield and backline that i had

i think the top ten should be this
10. a.miller (buninyong)
9. m. lockyer (creswick)
8. j. mayall (learmonth)
7. m. gunnell (gordon)
6. a. cimera (hepburn)
5. a. bomatali (buninyong)
4. c. bond (learmonth)
3. j. maher (bungaree)
2. j. murphy (bungaree)
1. l. gunnell (gordon)

cimera and lockyer dont desrve top 10 spots imo. cimera had 3 average games in the finals series and while he is a dangerous player, he simply ain't that good, too inconsistant. don't rate lockyer as high as some either anymore, too inconsistant as well
nick locandro and ryan aquilina would have to be super unlucky??

Finding this one hard to have an opinion about as it's my first season. Cant say my thoughts on the top 10 are very reliable.

Although, I have played with alot of good players in the past few years and a few have definitely caught my eye.

1. Joel Maher - Purely because he's roughly 5'9" and still dominates, take the likes of the gunnells or any other dominant talls and joel would tear them apart when he's on song. harsh maybe, but fair. Intensity at the footy is second to none. The likes of Luke Fisher and Tyler George have been picked for Rebels, and I rate Joel higher than them.

2. Jackson Murphy - For the obvious reason that he's such a prolific goal kicker, but with that he uses the ball aswell as anyone in the league. Very unorthodox style but hey it works. Very good head above his shoulders.

3. Luke Gunnel - Great leap, good set of hands and a nice kick. Along with height and decent speed, be fair to say he can change the flow of games when he's on. Scouts would be licking their lips with this proposition.

The top 3 are head and shoulders above the rest.
Honourable mentions though are to;

Patty Webb - Cant come second to a fairly controversial vote count in the BFL and not be pretty good on his day. Seen him at his peak and its nothing short of impressive. May need to get his head right at times though.

Alex Bomitali - Trying not to be bias. Very consistent, does the job week in week out and is a very team orientated player. Will win the Buninyong B&F hands down. Not a bad effort as they're now sitting as the second most well performed team this year.

Brett Knight - One of the smaller midfielders in the competition, yet one of the hardest. Does not stop running and never ceases to do the team thing. Easily Hepburns best player, in my opinion.

Kayle Mullane - Very skillfull player. His ability to evade is impressive along with his footwork. Only thing going against him is his size and lack of support in the middle. Will be a very good player in years to come.

Joel Duggan - Very good when he's on, pretty average when he's off. But who isn't. Again, very skillfull player.

Nick Locandro - Best hands in the competition. Very good leap. Just needs to work on the smaller things but none the less has had a very good year.

I'm yet to see anything overly impressive from the rated players such as Mick Lockyer, Alec Cimera, Chris Bond, James Mayall and so on. Admittedly that's from my limited exposure to their best form.

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents :thumbsu:

cimera and lockyer dont desrve top 10 spots imo. cimera had 3 average games in the finals series and while he is a dangerous player, he simply ain't that good, too inconsistant. don't rate lockyer as high as some either anymore, too inconsistant as well
nick locandro and ryan aquilina would have to be super unlucky??

my reasoning is purely because ive only played one season and cimera was very impressive as opposed to the rest of their team on the day and lockyer is a stand out in a pretty average team i think locandro was good but died off and aquilina ive known since year seven and just isn consistent enough only kickin over 4 or 5 rarely and thats about all he does you would have to put bendelle and lahey and hallum over him

my reasoning is purely because ive only played one season and cimera was very impressive as opposed to the rest of their team on the day and lockyer is a stand out in a pretty average team i think locandro was good but died off and aquilina ive known since year seven and just isn consistent enough only kickin over 4 or 5 rarely and thats about all he does you would have to put bendelle and lahey and hallum over him

definatly not bendelle. dont rate him in the slightest. very quick but thats about all hes got. hallam is good on his day but i think aquilina is much better. hes a real big game player too. lahey i rate up there too, possibly one of the most underated players in the chfl. alot of people dislike nick locandro and i think it takes away from how well people rate him. hes a very good player make no mistake haha

My top 10 in the Under 18's would go like this: (not in any order at all)

1. Joel Maher - Very good onballer, able to keep his feet everywhere, feeds it well to forwards.

2. Jackson Murphy - Huge target in the forward line, steady kick and knows how to turn his player inside out.

3. Joel Duggan - Strong player and just knows how to find space, and looks forn the best option always.

4. Mark Gunnel - Very strong player all over, probably the best person in the CHFL for floating back and moving it out of the backline.

5. Luke Gunnel - Superstar all over the ground, he can out ruck anyone (ruling out any injuries), got a bit of pace, great leap and hands, overall very handy.

6. Brad Hallam - Strong forward player, can kick set shots all day and is very a un-selfish player.

7. Ryan Aquillina - Another very strong player, great pair of mitts, and when it goes to ground he is jsut as good, runs through anything.

8. Alex Bomatali - Great player when its wet and greasy, very consistent and can run all day.

9. Sam Conroy - A very handy player in the ruck, but then can move to all parts of the ground and become just as handy in marking or interfering with the oppositon.

10. Josh McVitty - This kid always plays his heart out, he never stops and always tries his hardest to get his team over the line. In the grand final I've never seen anyone stay so consistent.

Finding this one hard to have an opinion about as it's my first season. Cant say my thoughts on the top 10 are very reliable.

Although, I have played with alot of good players in the past few years and a few have definitely caught my eye.

1. Joel Maher - Purely because he's roughly 5'9" and still dominates, take the likes of the gunnells or any other dominant talls and joel would tear them apart when he's on song. harsh maybe, but fair. Intensity at the footy is second to none. The likes of Luke Fisher and Tyler George have been picked for Rebels, and I rate Joel higher than them.

2. Jackson Murphy - For the obvious reason that he's such a prolific goal kicker, but with that he uses the ball aswell as anyone in the league. Very unorthodox style but hey it works. Very good head above his shoulders.

3. Luke Gunnel - Great leap, good set of hands and a nice kick. Along with height and decent speed, be fair to say he can change the flow of games when he's on. Scouts would be licking their lips with this proposition.

The top 3 are head and shoulders above the rest.
Honourable mentions though are to;

Patty Webb - Cant come second to a fairly controversial vote count in the BFL and not be pretty good on his day. Seen him at his peak and its nothing short of impressive. May need to get his head right at times though.

Alex Bomitali - Trying not to be bias. Very consistent, does the job week in week out and is a very team orientated player. Will win the Buninyong B&F hands down. Not a bad effort as they're now sitting as the second most well performed team this year.

Brett Knight - One of the smaller midfielders in the competition, yet one of the hardest. Does not stop running and never ceases to do the team thing. Easily Hepburns best player, in my opinion.

Kayle Mullane - Very skillfull player. His ability to evade is impressive along with his footwork. Only thing going against him is his size and lack of support in the middle. Will be a very good player in years to come.

Joel Duggan - Very good when he's on, pretty average when he's off. But who isn't. Again, very skillfull player.

Nick Locandro - Best hands in the competition. Very good leap. Just needs to work on the smaller things but none the less has had a very good year.

I'm yet to see anything overly impressive from the rated players such as Mick Lockyer, Alec Cimera, Chris Bond, James Mayall and so on. Admittedly that's from my limited exposure to their best form.

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents :thumbsu:

good to see you put a lot of thought into it what about the kid britt from dunnstown i here he played well on lee cox hepburn.how many of your top ten could handle cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back