Scores and rankings Top 10 Teams - Analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im ranked 89 and still have some trades left. I would prefer not to turn this thread not into a critic of my team as like all of us i have made some mistakes and had some injuries. It all about the top 10, maybe one day that will include my team but as I said I'm still 600 odd behind.

And I'm only 315 points behind you, so potentially I could still finish inside the top 100. :)

Im ranked 89 and still have some trades left. I would prefer not to turn this thread not into a critic of my team as like all of us i have made some mistakes and had some injuries. It all about the top 10, maybe one day that will include my team but as I said I'm still 600 odd behind.
Wasn't being a critic. Was curious.

Good luck with it

I reckon that number will change significantly this week. Expecting seven or eight of the Top 10 will have him.

Surely they would have traded him in last week when he had already bottomed out though, unless short on trades?

As always, great work.

I'm ranked at 93 with 7 trades left,

Whilst you and I are in the ball park of 630 behind first, we're close to 450 behind fifth, and 350 behind tenth.

Catching the guy in first feels a little overwhelming, but catching the guy in 10th doesn't feel overwhelming at all. If the top handful are low/out of trades, we're in a reasonably good spot.

As always, great work.

I'm ranked at 93 with 7 trades left,

Whilst you and I are in the ball park of 630 behind first, we're close to 450 behind fifth, and 350 behind tenth.

Catching the guy in first feels a little overwhelming, but catching the guy in 10th doesn't feel overwhelming at all. If the top handful are low/out of trades, we're in a reasonably good spot.
You could have been closer if you traded more aggressively imo

You could have been closer if you traded more aggressively imo

Absolutely. I could be, but that's true for all teams - except perhaps Hard to beat, who may have traded too aggressively through the Byes.

I also could have traded in the exact same manner and been significantly higher scoring.

e.g. Picken instead of Pittard in Round 6 and Tom Mitchell instead of Jack Ziebell in Round 8.

Absolutely. I could be, but that's true for all teams...
You were in prime position with a stack of trades & cash around byes yet you were too conservative with your ins.

Not having a go. I personally would have gone hard to bridge the gap with bpa rather than speculative picks. Hence why I kept saying 'go hard or go home'.

Don't die trying. Good luck and get GAJ.

You were in prime position with a stack of trades & cash around byes yet you were too conservative with your ins.

Not having a go. I personally would have gone hard to bridge the gap with bpa rather than speculative picks. Hence why I kept saying 'go hard or go home'.

Don't die trying. Good luck and get GAJ.

No hard feelings mate, I'm reasonably happy with how I've played thus far.

Through the Byes, my Ins were Steele, Deledio and Sloane in Round 12 and Smith Edwards and Dahlhaus in Round 13.

I blew out to 234 in Round 11, when I didn't trade, but came in to 207 in Round 12, and was right back into 83 at the completion of the Byes.

Those 3 trades that I held over in Round 11 obviously hurt my overall points, but I believe that they've kept me well placed to make that ground back up. We'll find out over the next few weeks.

Week 17 - Last weeks top 10.

or renamed

"Sometimes trades only make things worse"

We the GAJ injury is a big problem for many teams but not our leader. He didn't make any trades and therefore avoided the GAJ problem. He was only one of two teams of the top 10 that didnt make any trades this week with most (7) of them doing 2. Either they are all going for the win and being aggressive or have plenty of trades up their sleeves. Some of the trades that must of looked good on paper turned out to be disaster for our top 10 (this week at least). Here are some examples.

Smith - Malceski (2 teams)
Beams - Ablett
Wines- Ablett and Lever - H.Goddard (same team).

Beams was traded out of most teams but the leader and 1 other still held on to him. Im not sure if Brisbane have announced something officially about his shoulder but if I had him I would of traded him this week too. 3 of the top 10 traded in GAJ taking the total to 6 of these having him. Will see how many of the new top 10 have him later when I put all that data in.

The best score from the top 10 of 2314 came from the 10th team and even he dropped 3 places out. The average was 2257 with the lowest of 2149 dropping the long time leader "Hard to Beat" down to 22nd. The chasing pack caught up and you did too if you scored over 2260. There are a whopping 6 teams being replaced in the top 10. 3 New teams and 3 old teams returning. This means a bit of work for me to get the data so it might be later in the week before I get it all, we will see how much time I get today.

With a few new teams can a few new players to the list of players used in top 10 teams.
N.Malceski, K.Brooksby, J.Bartel, M. Lecras and C.Daniel all appeared for the first times. C Daniel was in all three of the new teams in the top 10. One of the new top 10 is "Lings Bling" who is coached by a Bigfooty member.

Every team in the top 10 had the following players.

H.Shaw
S.Pendlebury
N.Fyfe
T.Goldstien
L.Hodge (NEW)
D.Swan (NEW)
R.Gray (NEW)

Other players that were in almost all teams (7/10 or more)

D.Martin (9)
J.Steele (9)
J.Hambling (7)
K.Lambert (9)
J.Kennedy (9)
S.Higgins (8)
P.Dangerfield (7)
G.Ablett (7) NEW
B.Goddard (8) NEW

T.McDonald, D.Beams and T.Mitchell have been dropped off the lists, with Mitchell going from being on every top 10 team to only 6. People just dont trust Longmire with him (including me). Three or four weeks ago Hodge was hardly in any top 10 teams but now everybody has made room for him. The thing of note here is that GAJ is in 7 of the teams. Do they have the trades left to fix this, will any decide to keep if he is only going to be three weeks? If your chasing the top teams and you have GAJ and are going to trade him out then the names on this list you should probably avoid. You are not going to catch up with these guys. 2 of the top teams still have Beams and one of them has both Ablett and Beams.

Trades used by top 10 teams

1, Hezza's Dogs, 15 trades in 8 weeks
2, Big Test Icicles, 15 trades in 8 weeks
3, The A Team, 14 trades in 9 weeks
4, Travisty, 20 trades in 9 weeks
5, Saucy, 3 trades in 2 weeks
6,Brown Rock , No Imformation
6, Lings Bling, No Information
8, SNEDDIN GLORY, 9 trades in 5 weeks
9, Return of the V, No Information
9, K Bears, 9 trades in 5 weeks

Keep working on catching these guys, I know I am. This week has shown how far up you can jump in a week with the 6th place team coming from 47th last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams #1 and #2 are being "managed" by the same bloke.

Actally this makes sence, in round 9 I reported two teams had come into the top 10 and were exactly the same, they had slightly different scores (overall) but the same score that week. This is the team 1 and 2 atm.

Not sure what to say about this as the rule from supercoach site is clear

Q: How many times can I enter?
A: You may only register and enter each of the games ONCE. Anyone found to be registered more than once, or controlling more than one team in any one game at any stage of the competition, will face possible disqualification as indicated in the official game rules and terms of use.

and

Participants can only enter SuperCoach once. Under no circumstances can participants enter two or more teams in SuperCoach. Any entry that fails to provide all required information may be disqualified.

Now it probably comes down to the definition of controlling. Is a person that enters the info controlling? Are they only keying at the instructions of another? This could get messy for this guy if he is found out.

Who knows, maybe we are not chasing these two teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back