Scores and rankings Top 10 Teams - Analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when I started this thread I had planned to follow how the top 10 changed over the season but as you don't find my idea very helpful or insightful then maybe its not worth it and it would be better to discuss basketball games.

Nah I think I will go with my original plan.
Your ideas are great and you're probably a much better supercoach player than I, however the post I referenced essentially re-stated what has already been said.

Well when I started this thread I had planned to follow how the top 10 changed over the season but as you don't find my idea very helpful or insightful then maybe its not worth it and it would be better to discuss basketball games.

Nah I think I will go with my original plan.

I'd love to work out how to track how many trades have been used by the top teams and when

One of the best threads going round. Fantastic read. Had 14/17 on that list. Sitting 28k. Worst season on record for me. Top 200 last year, top 1000 the year before. Put it down wrong rookies on field and captain choices as ive had most the top scoring rookies. I got court up in social media hype this year. Multiple sources say newnes a must have ect.. took me off my own course which is usually my own research and gut feel basically.
On a side note I say no rolling lock out next year. Finalize team friday before the bounce and log back in sunday night.

One of the best threads going round. Fantastic read. Had 14/17 on that list. Sitting 28k. Worst season on record for me. Top 200 last year, top 1000 the year before. Put it down wrong rookies on field and captain choices as ive had most the top scoring rookies. I got court up in social media hype this year. Multiple sources say newnes a must have ect.. took me off my own course which is usually my own research and gut feel basically.
On a side note I say no rolling lock out next year. Finalize team friday before the bounce and log back in sunday night.
Agree totally. The loopholes are a farce. If you have a life and can't loophole every rookie and VC choice or check every sub/late in or out, you can't compete.

I have 17/17 on the list. Only ones I didn't start with were Mckenzie and Tarrant and got them both in before they hit the bubble.

Im ranked 13K and the difference has been a few stupid trades (read: out Cripps, in Taylor Hunt) and taking Griffen, Nicnat, James Kelly, Goodes etc.. Instead of Neale, Clancee Pearce, Maric/Grundy/Blicavs..

Not easy to do but dare say those selections would have made up a fair bit of ground!

I got court up in social media hype this year. Multiple sources say newnes a must have ect.. took me off my own course which is usually my own research and gut feel basically.
Plus one. Taking Rance out for Newnes at the last minute one of my many regrets. At least Newnes has been okay the last few weeks.

Agree totally. The loopholes are a farce. If you have a life and can't loophole every rookie and VC choice or check every sub/late in or out, you can't compete.
Plus one again. The game was much better with 20 trades and a Friday night lockout. Now rewards the couch potato, or someone who lives in their mum's basement (unashamed smart ass pot shot ;))

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I thought there would be more carnage than there was in the top 10.

For a start unless you scored 2214 or more you lost ground on the lead. The top 10 (last weeks) averaged 2197 with the lowest being 2028.

Every one of the top 10 teams bar last weeks leader used two trades. With 5 of them jumping on Lever and only 3 on Rocky. That surprised me a little but they will all have their reasons for and against. The most "out there" trade was again our one and only "Late Inclusion" who added J.Ziebell to his squad to make him even more unique. The other unique trade was in fact the new leader who added a player that wasn't on the bubble. F.McInnes made him a tidy sum this week and has a breakeven of -33 so will make him plenty more. The most common trade outs were Vandenberg and Oxley. Every one of these teams that had Vandenberg dumped him.

There are three drop outs from the top 10 with the biggest drop going down to 36th. Once i have added the info on these new teams I will be back with more. (This afternoon I hope)

There were 3 new teams in the top 10 but they pretty much had the same base. (As expected)

Every team in the top 10 had the following players.
D.McKenzie
N.Fyfe
R.Gray
D.Martin
N.Krakour
D.Swan

Other players that were in almost all teams (7/10 or more)
H.Shaw (9)
S.Pendlebury (8)
T.Goldstien (9)
M.Clark (7)
A.Oxley (9)
K.McIntosh (7)
A.Saad (9)
T.Miller (7)

List is down to 14 now with the only new one on the list being T.Miller. Quite a few more POD's were added to the list like Mumford, Rich, Treloar, Boak, Yeo, Hibberd, McIness. Only looking at this for 2 rounds and already 101 different players have been used in top 10 teams.

I expect Rocky to be on the list next week as he is on 4 of the 10 teams already. Lever could also make it as he is on 6 of the 10. Most of them seem to be doing 1 upgrade, 1 downgrade trading and none did double downgrades. I am thinking we wont see as many trades until the bye rounds now except for injuries but these guys might be thinking differently. I wish I knew how many trades each of these guys have spent already. Some of them look to be in a bit of trouble bye round 12.

Feel free to add any of your own Analysis or thoughts. Yes much of this is common sense and obvious but its interesting to me to see what these guys do and how they attack winning this thing. I still haven't given up catching them and as such like to know what I can do to get there. These guys dont have a magic mirror or anything, they all traded out Vandenberg who knocked out 131 this week, they will makes mistakes which is why its interesting. (I did to btw)

Well I thought there would be more carnage than there was in the top 10.

For a start unless you scored 2214 or more you lost ground on the lead. The top 10 (last weeks) averaged 2197 with the lowest being 2028.

Every one of the top 10 teams bar last weeks leader used two trades. With 5 of them jumping on Lever and only 3 on Rocky. That surprised me a little but they will all have their reasons for and against. The most "out there" trade was again our one and only "Late Inclusion" who added J.Ziebell to his squad to make him even more unique. The other unique trade was in fact the new leader who added a player that wasn't on the bubble. F.McInnes made him a tidy sum this week and has a breakeven of -33 so will make him plenty more. The most common trade outs were Vandenberg and Oxley. Every one of these teams that had Vandenberg dumped him.

There are three drop outs from the top 10 with the biggest drop going down to 36th. Once i have added the info on these new teams I will be back with more. (This afternoon I hope)

I like the McInnes pick in hindsight, with reference to the rd 13 bye, could be a very clever bit of trading there, done outside of the box.

I like the McInnes pick in hindsight, with reference to the rd 13 bye, could be a very clever bit of trading there, done outside of the box.

McInnes couldn't possibly be a wise trade..

I did it and brought Ziebell in

Allows me to bring in rocky this week

Fluffy Tiger

Great posts mate.

I'll share -- 23 trades remaining for me.

I absolutely have to use at least 1 trade this week, need to do it so that I can get Hodge+Saad out of the midfield and onto the defensive field. The Ziebell plan instantly backfired. I was really reluctant to trade AVB -- not that I could predict such a high score, but because he's a Rnd 13 Bye.

Bringing Ziebell in was to address that.

I have so much regret with trading in Pittard and potentially now Ziebell. I've also traded in Whitex.

Making my team worse and worse.

I think I'll be more vanilla in future.

There were 3 new teams in the top 10 but they pretty much had the same base. (As expected)

D.McKenzie
N.Fyfe
R.Gray
D.Martin
N.Krakour
D.Swan

H.Shaw (9)
S.Pendlebury (8)
T.Goldstien (9)
M.Clark (7)
A.Oxley (9)
K.McIntosh (7)
A.Saad (9)
T.Miller (7)

Cheers for the great input. Re the above, its no surprise that the only two on that list I don't have are my two biggest mistakes. Not taking Goldstein from the start, and trading Miller after his first two games. Add a couple poor captains choices and the odd benched rookie error, and it makes a big difference.

A couple years back, somebody posted a Round 1 team, which would have been leading the competition by a fair margin without trading at all. Can't remember after what round it was, but it was fairly deep into the season. Those starting choices are so critical and will either set you up or kill you off.

D.McKenzie
N.Fyfe
R.Gray
D.Martin
N.Krakour
D.Swan

H.Shaw (9)
S.Pendlebury (8)
T.Goldstien (9)
M.Clark (7)
A.Oxley (9)
K.McIntosh (7)
A.Saad (9)
T.Miller (7)

List is down to 14 now with the only new one on the list being T.Miller. Quite a few more POD's were added to the list like Mumford, Rich, Treloar, Boak, Yeo, Hibberd, McIness. Only looking at this for 2 rounds and already 101 different players have been used in top 10 teams.

I expect Rocky to be on the list next week as he is on 4 of the 10 teams already. Lever could also make it as he is on 6 of the 10. Most of them seem to be doing 1 upgrade, 1 downgrade trading and none did double downgrades. I am thinking we wont see as many trades until the bye rounds now except for injuries but these guys might be thinking differently. I wish I knew how many trades each of these guys have spent already. Some of them look to be in a bit of trouble bye round 12.

Feel free to add any of your own Analysis or thoughts. Yes much of this is common sense and obvious but its interesting to me to see what these guys do and how they attack winning this thing. I still haven't given up catching them and as such like to know what I can do to get there. These guys dont have a magic mirror or anything, they all traded out Vandenberg who knocked out 131 this week, they will makes mistakes which is why its interesting. (I did to btw)
Im going the one up, one down theory too. Has worked ok so far as there hasn't been too many weeks (if at all?) where 2 very good rookies were on the bubble that I didn't start with.

McInnes couldn't possibly be a wise trade..

I did it and brought Ziebell in

Allows me to bring in rocky this week
You brought in ziebell last week? I still think there is value there, he had the toughest task in footy on the weekend.. As a Ziebell owner would you recommend? I could potentially do
Cripps - ziebell
Touk - rocky
Play ziebell in the mids for a little while until I move Clark/Taz on and shift him to F6..
Mids: Fyfe Pendles Beams Parker Treloar Ziebell CEY Lang Mckenzie krak.
Forwards: Gray Martin Goddard Dahl Swan Taz Clark TBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back