Top 15 players 07 - 09 Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

If the draft was redone tommorrow with all the players in the draft pool from 2007 2008 and 2009 available to be picked up, IMHO the top two players taken would be Trent Cotchin and Dustin Martin, the only debate would be who goes at No1?

Is that me being biased? I don't actually think it is

Most people would want Hurley and Naitanui before the 2 you mentioned.
Nail gun KPP and Ruckman and you could be in for a fantastic decade.

For Melbourne BPH?

1. Hurley; we desperately need another key forward and Hurley has talent is spades. Would compliment Watts perfectly IMO.
2. Ziebell; fantastic player, hard at it and you can't fault his effort.
3. Fyfe; who doesn't need one?
4. Cotchin; brilliant clearance player and quality user of the footy
5. Naitanui; great talent, is lower for 'Melbourne-needs' as we have a pretty solid ruck group
6. Yarran; some silk off half-back and into the midfield, get's at least one s**t user out of the team (Bartram!!!)
7. Ward; hard at it, considered putting him before Ziebell ... but decided in the end that we needed a Ziebell type more.
8. Davis; probably the best KPD of this draft
9. Martin; we already have Sylvia so despite Martins talent he isn't that high on the list
10. Vickery; I would sit him at FF, very little ruckwork. Has shown some serious talent this year, another who would make a good partner for Watts.

Great list.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3114&tid2=6&pid2=3111&type=A&fid1=O&fid2=O

can someone please tell me why Hurley is rated so much higher than Tyrone Vickery
Their output this year has been very similar. both are very versatile and Tyrone IMHO has the advantage of being a ruckman at 200cm. Vickery is a very underrated footballer on these boards, and has done more than Nic Natanui so far in his career, thats for sure, Tyrone also has a massive upside as he grows into his body.

Don't really understand the massive love for Nicnat and Hurley while Vickery has been largely ignored. Why?

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=3114&tid2=19&pid2=3108&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

For Melbourne BPH?

1. Hurley; we desperately need another key forward and Hurley has talent is spades. Would compliment Watts perfectly IMO.
2. Ziebell; fantastic player, hard at it and you can't fault his effort.
3. Fyfe; who doesn't need one?
4. Cotchin; brilliant clearance player and quality user of the footy
5. Naitanui; great talent, is lower for 'Melbourne-needs' as we have a pretty solid ruck group
6. Yarran; some silk off half-back and into the midfield, get's at least one s**t user out of the team (Bartram!!!)
7. Ward; hard at it, considered putting him before Ziebell ... but decided in the end that we needed a Ziebell type more.
8. Davis; probably the best KPD of this draft
9. Martin; we already have Sylvia so despite Martins talent he isn't that high on the list
10. Vickery; I would sit him at FF, very little ruckwork. Has shown some serious talent this year, another who would make a good partner for Watts.

ziebel at 2 has to be a joke. how could you possibly not take Cotchin and/or Martin ahead of Ziebel if you had the chance is just amazing.

:eek:

ziebel at 2 has to be a joke. how could you possibly not take Cotchin and/or Martin ahead of Ziebel if you had the chance is just amazing.

Because it's based on Melbourne's needs, wasn't that obvious?

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3114&tid2=6&pid2=3111&type=A&fid1=O&fid2=O

can someone please tell me why Hurley is rated so much higher than Tyrone Vickery
Their output this year has been very similar. both are very versatile and Tyrone IMHO has the advantage of being a ruckman at 200cm. Vickery is a very underrated footballer on these boards, and has done more than Nic Natanui so far in his career, thats for sure, Tyrone also has a massive upside as he grows into his body.

Don't really understand the massive love for Nicnat and Hurley while Vickery has been largely ignored. Why?

Games like this, only had 11 possessions but impact is huge.

[YOUTUBE]QAAOS6CP2bc[/YOUTUBE]

Zaharahkis is underrated around here, but IMO that's because he doesn't seem to be heading towards the 'star' category.

He'll be a very good player, 200+ gamer... but I'm not sure he'll get to that elite status.

Shuey will IMO.

I have had the same opinion for a long time to but now I'm starting to think he could be elite could be just bias though.

I mean he is a great user of the ball, very good mark, very good leg speed, a decent amount of x factor, is a great shot on goal and has shown to be pretty good around clearances when played there.

That being said there is some intangible quality that I can't put my finger on that he doesn't have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make a poll, obviously you never watch Hurley play. Hurley killed your boy Riewoldt, go watch the replay and then tell me why.

i dont need to make a poll. Hurley is a very impressive young footballer, so is Vickery, and last time I checked Hurely couldnt play in the ruck either.

Can't understand why Hurley is rated so highly to be honest. Nice player, but ahead of cotchin/martin, give me a break. I wouldnt even take him ahead of Vickery, Vickery is just going to get better and better, 200cm ruckman forwards that are quick, agressive smart can mark and can kick are just so rare.

If the draft was redone tommorrow with all the players in the draft pool from 2007 2008 and 2009 available to be picked up, IMHO the top two players taken would be Trent Cotchin and Dustin Martin, the only debate would be who goes at No1?

Is that me being biased? I don't actually think it is

Nah.

I see no bias at all.

i dont need to make a poll. Hurley is a very impressive young footballer, so is Vickery, and last time I checked Hurely couldnt play in the ruck either.

Can't understand why Hurley is rated so highly to be honest. Nice player, but ahead of cotchin/martin, give me a break. I wouldnt even take him ahead of Vickery, Vickery is just going to get better and better, 200cm ruckman forwards that are quick, agressive smart can mark and can kick are just so rare.
Vickery doesn't have the presence of a Hurley.

It's called intensity and demanding the ball be kicked to you.

Kreuzer, Naitainui and Hurley all have the ability to do something that makes you "sit up".

Vickery isn't a wrecking ball like Kreuze.

The way Yarran slices through traffic at full pelt would make Bradley and Camporeale blush.

Because it's based on Melbourne's needs, wasn't that obvious?

I rated the list PuppetM :thumbsu:

Ziebell would be absolutely perfect for Melbourne.

His second half of the season was absolutely outstanding.

Bleeds for the jumper in the same way Voss did, huge physical presence for a midfielder of his age, similar to D.Martin in that regard, going off his second half of the year, he rivals Cotchin in the clearance department as well.

Could be the Roo's next captain as well, If Harvey goes around another year, he very well might be.

I view him as having a similar break out year next year, as Cotchin did this year.

Vickery doesn't have the presence of a Hurley.

It's called intensity and demanding the ball be kicked to you.

Kreuzer, Naitainui and Hurley all have the ability to do something that makes you "sit up".

Vickery isn't a wrecking ball like Kreuze.

The way Yarran slices through traffic at full pelt would make Bradley and Camporeale blush.

Kreuzer is a good young player with a bright future, but comparing there careers to date Vickery and Kreuzer would be on par, in fact I would probably take Vickery ahead of Kreuzer just for the simple fact Vickery is also a very good Forward who can kick goals.

Kreuzer when played up forward hasn't impressed and his kicking for goal has a lot to be desired for.

And to say Vickery doesn't command the ball is quite silly, last time I checked we also had Riewoldt last years Coleman Medallist sitting at FF also, I suggest you go over a few tapes of Vickery's and just take a look at how this guy crashes a pack.

I have had the same opinion for a long time to but now I'm starting to think he could be elite could be just bias though.

I mean he is a great user of the ball, very good mark, very good leg speed, a decent amount of x factor, is a great shot on goal and has shown to be pretty good around clearances when played there.

That being said there is some intangible quality that I can't put my finger on that he doesn't have.

IMO its physicality and aggression. Good enough at the contested things but doesn't have that relentless attack on the ball that Hayes, Judd, Mitchell have that makes people mentally and physically weaken after a couple of quarters going head to head with them.

IMO its physicality and aggression. Good enough at the contested things but doesn't have that relentless attack on the ball that Hayes, Judd, Mitchell have that makes people mentally and physically weaken after a couple of quarters going head to head with them.

I'm no sure that's it as I see it in players like Scully and even in Melksham although sporadically and they don't have the body size to attack the ball like Judd and Hayes.

I'm no sure that's it as I see it in players like Scully and even in Melksham although sporadically and they don't have the body size to attack the ball like Judd and Hayes.

Its not about body size its about mentality. Complete confidence or even a little arrogance that you're going to win the contest.

I don't see it in Scully as well for some reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back