Top 15 players 07 - 09 Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Vickery doesn't have the presence of a Hurley.

It's called intensity and demanding the ball be kicked to you.

Kreuzer, Naitainui and Hurley all have the ability to do something that makes you "sit up".

Vickery isn't a wrecking ball like Kreuze.

The way Yarran slices through traffic at full pelt would make Bradley and Camporeale blush.

Kreauze? Wrecking ball? LOL.

Vickery doesn't have the presence of a Hurley.

It's called intensity and demanding the ball be kicked to you.

Kreuzer, Naitainui and Hurley all have the ability to do something that makes you "sit up".

Vickery isn't a wrecking ball like Kreuze.

The way Yarran slices through traffic at full pelt would make Bradley and Camporeale blush.

:rolleyes:
Can always rely on the general to come in to any thread and pump up the tyres on any of carlton's players.

Here's my Top 15 I went back to the first post and he said that it should be how you think they will turn out opposed to who is the best now.

Here they are

1. Fyfe
2. Rioli
3. Watts
4. Naitanui
5. Trengove
6. Scully
7. Martin
8. Hartlett
9. Hil
10. Kreuzer
11. Hurley
12. Grimes
13. Menzel
14. Dangerfield
15. Cotchin

First 5 or 6 will win Brownlows

unlucky to miss Cale Morton, Otten, McEvoy, Taylor, Redden, Rich, Vickery, McKernan, Rohan, Morabito, Sam Reid, Vardy, Suckling, Jacobs, Barlow

HAHA cale morton unlucky to miss??? He is lucky to be even playing... think we should watch some more footy champ!

Talls

Naitanui
Hurley
Watts
Kreuzer
Taylor
Reid
Vickery
Davis
Trengove
Butcher

Smalls

Cotchin
Martin
Fyfe
Rioli
Shuey
Scully
Trengove
Ziebell
Rich
Menzel

HAHA cale morton unlucky to miss??? He is lucky to be even playing... think we should watch some more footy champ!

It's how he thinks it will pan out.

Morton played some great footy in his first couple of years, it's definitely possible he could become a very good player.

I don't think he will, but it's possible.

You're probably just pissed a Richmond player wasn't at the top.

Rating Vickery alongside Hurley, as a forward, is a bit like rating McEvoy alongside NicNat as a ruck.

ie, fine, if you're only going by skills & stats, and don't watch the effect they have on other players.

Nothing lifts Essendon like Hurley charging out like he's going to rip limbs. That's not saying Vickery's soft or anything; he just doesn't demand it the same way.

I always try to stay clear of the bias.

When you discuss players from your own team outside your team board this happens.

Carlton supporter - Yarran rules

Essendon supporter - Hurley rips limbs

West Coast supporter - Shuey deserves rising star you can all go and get....

I think we get the point guys....

Rating Vickery alongside Hurley, as a forward, is a bit like rating McEvoy alongside NicNat as a ruck.

ie, fine, if you're only going by skills & stats, and don't watch the effect they have on other players.

Nothing lifts Essendon like Hurley charging out like he's going to rip limbs. That's not saying Vickery's soft or anything; he just doesn't demand it the same way.

Yes he does, we just have another very very good Forward sitting at FF who just so happened to win the Coleman medal last year.

Of course, I forgot Richmond's players are awesome at everything and above question.

Vickery is a good player; and will be very good; but I can't see the presence. Not in the same way.

Im happy to concede that Hurley will be a better player than Vickery. However, that says more about Hurley than it does about Vickery. Ty has done alright imposing himself on games this season. Confidence is not an issue for him (see fight vs Paddy Ryder!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im happy to concede that Hurley will be a better player than Vickery. However, that says more about Hurley than it does about Vickery. Ty has done alright imposing himself on games this season. Confidence is not an issue for him (see fight vs Paddy Ryder!)

In my opinion I would be more scared of Hurley now and if he gets going could tear you new one, but doesn't seem to produce the goods all that often. I like Vickery and in a couple years could go past Hurley but playing in the same forward line as Riewoldt may produce an issue down the track. Is Vickery best suited to a deep goalscoring forward or a centre half forward playing up the ground?

Its not about body size its about mentality. Complete confidence or even a little arrogance that you're going to win the contest.

I don't see it in Scully as well for some reason.

Watch Scully more closely. This year his confidence was shot through the knee injury but last year he had that confidence. He will next year aswell, just probably in a different jumper

Watch Scully more closely. This year his confidence was shot through the knee injury but last year he had that confidence. He will next year aswell, just probably in a different jumper

I saw heaps of Scully in his first year, its like doing a check list and everything is there, but there's still something missing. Maybe its cause he reminds me of a carnie.

Yes he does, we just have another very very good Forward sitting at FF who just so happened to win the Coleman medal last year.

Is that forward you are talking about named Riewoldt, cause if it is Hurley smashed him thsi season in every part of the game, actually Hurley simply dominated him.

Is that forward you are talking about named Riewoldt, cause if it is Hurley smashed him thsi season in every part of the game, actually Hurley simply dominated him.

That's great that it made a highlight of hurleys life.

I think you'll find that jack was clearly injured as David gourds had run
Through him at training that week. In any case if it gets you excited good luck dude enjoy the ride.

That has nothing to do with what we were talking about, anyway it's been well documented that Riewoldt has been injured for the majority of the year with Back/Hip problems, the guy could barely kick 40Meters some weeks.

Are we including The PSD draft or is it just the national if so some people have Cotchin high and Rockliff not even in their 10p 10 or so. So I thought I would put up their stats for 2011 although I don't necessarily judge on stats.

Rockliff Total Stats: 20 games, Disposals 554, Kicks 310, Handballs 244, Marks 111, Goals 12, Tackles 108, Inside 50s 61, Goal assists 17.

Cotchin Total Stats: 22 games, Disposals 530, Kicks 372, Handballs 158, Marks 80, Goals 18, Tackles 78, Inside 50s 108, Goal Assists 12.

Are we including The PSD draft or is it just the national if so some people have Cotchin high and Rockliff not even in their 10p 10 or so. So I thought I would put up their stats for 2011 although I don't necessarily judge on stats.

Rockliff Total Stats: 20 games, Disposals 554, Kicks 310, Handballs 244, Marks 111, Goals 12, Tackles 108, Inside 50s 61, Goal assists 17.

Cotchin Total Stats: 22 games, Disposals 530, Kicks 372, Handballs 158, Marks 80, Goals 18, Tackles 78, Inside 50s 108, Goal Assists 12.

Rockcliff definitely deserves to be in the top 15. Really wanted the tigers to draft. I'm pretty sure he was overlooked in 2007 when i really wanted him and slipped to the PSD in 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back