Top 15 players 07 - 09 Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

Settle down champ, my opinion differs to yours, thats all.

I wasn't ever 'unsettled', twas an attempt at sarcastic humor.

Funny way of stating a difference of opinion you've got.

1) Fyfe
2) Naitanui
3) Hurley
4) Martin
5) Cotchin
6) Ziebell
7) Shuey
8) Reid
9) Kreuzer
10) Scully
11) Ward
12) Trengove
13) Hartlett
14) Watts
15) Sloane

Rioli and Walker were my 16 and 17. Hartlett and Rioli lower due to injury troubles. Sadly, I may have to re-evaluate Fyfe as well.

Considered a number of other players as well.

Talls: McEvoy, Henderson, Rance, Carlisle, Gunston, Butcher, Jones, Trengove, Davis, Vickery.

Smalls: Hill, Yarran, Rich, Sidebottom, Zaharakis, Redden, Beams, Hannebery, Shiels, Robinson, Rockliff, Garlett, Menzel, Bastinac, Christensen, Dangerfield, Selwood, Steven.

Didn't pick mature aged recruits because I see this as more of a projection thread.

1) Fyfe
2) Naitanui
3) Hurley
4) Martin
5) Cotchin
6) Ziebell
7) Shuey
8) Reid
9) Kreuzer
10) Scully
11) Ward
12) Trengove
13) Hartlett
14) Watts
15) Sloane

Rioli and Walker were my 16 and 17. Hartlett and Rioli lower due to injury troubles. Sadly, I may have to re-evaluate Fyfe as well.

Considered a number of other players as well.

Talls: McEvoy, Henderson, Rance, Carlisle, Gunston, Butcher, Jones, Trengove, Davis, Vickery.

Smalls: Hill, Yarran, Rich, Sidebottom, Zaharakis, Redden, Beams, Hannebery, Shiels, Robinson, Rockliff, Garlett, Menzel, Bastinac, Christensen, Dangerfield, Selwood, Steven.

Didn't pick mature aged recruits because I see this as more of a projection thread.
Very suprised to see Watts included on your list. Whilst Melbourne fans have few doubts, its a brave man to include him in such company.

Nobody is rising faster than scott selwood atm. His first 3 games this year have been reflective of an elite midfielder. If he keeps this up the whole year by the end of it he will be considered in the same vein as joel. Averaging 30 disposals a game and is 7th overall. Has the highest disposal efficiency for all the players in the top 35 for disposals. Averaging 1.3 goals a game. Has the second least clangers in the competition for players that have played 3 games.
Let's be honest, a lot of guys are going to get big numbers against GWS.
I rate Selwood (and this year's WCE outfit) very highly, and he's started even better than I expected, but don't get *too* carried away with the numbers when they include the expansion sides.

Let's be honest, a lot of guys are going to get big numbers against GWS.
I rate Selwood (and this year's WCE outfit) very highly, and he's started even better than I expected, but don't get *too* carried away with the numbers when they include the expansion sides.

Yep, looks the goods, but can't call a player elite when he has only played against sides that haven't won a game after three rounds (Bulldogs, Melbourne and GWS). If he's getting those numbers still in a couple of weeks time then he could be an elite mid. However even if he doesn't I think he is on the cusp of being an elite stopper.

Very suprised to see Watts included on your list. Whilst Melbourne fans have few doubts, its a brave man to include him in such company.

There aren't many key forwards on that list because they all have a long way to go in their development. Watts will be fine.

I don't think you can put Martin ahead of Cotchin. Cotchin was marginally better in 2011 and has been far superior so far in 2012. Martin has spudded it up so far this year.

We're three rounds in. Plus he's a couple of years younger. I rate Martin's ability to kick goals from the midfield higher than most people. He was in the top 20 goal scorers last season. I think he had a fair case for, at the very least, an AA squad nomination.

A new year, a new attempt:

1. Fyfe
2. Natanui
3. Hurley
4. Cotchin
5. Martin
6. S.Reid
7. Kreuzer
8. Rioli
9. Yarran
10. M.Barlow
11. Rockliff
12. T.Walker
13. S. Hill
14. Ziebell
15. Butcher

16. H.Taylor
17. Shuey
18. Scully
19. Mumford
20. Zaharakis

Unlucky: Trengove (Dees), Sidebottom, Hartlett, Rohan, Dangerfield, Christentson, Bastinac, Rich, Redden, Vickery, Davis, Ballantyne, Hannebery, J. Garlett, C.Ward, Menzel.

Whats the criteria? How good they are? Hey good they have been? How good are they going to be?

I wasn't ever 'unsettled', twas an attempt at sarcastic humor.

Funny way of stating a difference of opinion you've got.

Prefer me to say your wrong? FWIW i dont think you are wrong, being that it's your opinion and all, i do think you would be in the minority if you think Sam Reid is overrated based on what he has shown and his potential, to each their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon the bias, but Kreuzer HAS to be in the top 3. His impact on games is enormous. i'd have him definitely above Hurley, Reid and NicNat.

Pardon the bias, but Kreuzer HAS to be in the top 3. His impact on games is enormous. i'd have him definitely above Hurley, Reid and NicNat.
Based on 1 game last year and so far this year? Why don't we put Scott Selwood as top 3 then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Based on 1 game last year and so far this year? Why don't we put Scott Selwood as top 3 then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not saying I agree with cfc4life's comments, but you've completely ignored Kreuzer's games before his injury, which were getting him rated by quite a few as the best of his draft. Just prior to his injury in 2010, there were also punters rating him as a top 5 ruck for the season to that point. I think those slow to clue into big Krooz tend to overlook his pre-injury form.

I'd take NicNat before Kreuzer, and Cotchin & possibly Fyfe before either. And plenty would have Hurley in that group, too.

That's why I wouldn't have Kreuzer top 3... it is just an absolute quality field.

Definitely a quality field, 08' will probably go down as the best ever.

The depth is amazing.

Ditto to that.

Its our best draft ever as well. What a draft to go deep in. The following were all in our team tonight:
Pick 3: Hill
Pick 21: Ballas
Pick 24: Suban (struggling early this year but has been solid when fit in the past)
Pick 37: Zac Clarke (going to be a superstar)
RD Pick 19: De Boer
RD Pick 48: Pearce (has been brilliant for us this year)
RD Pick 74: Broughton

Jay Van Berlo and Walters good depth players (the latter having finally pulled his finger out and dropped about 5 kilos in the last month and a bit).

2009 looks to be a pretty weak draft so I´m pretty happy we got Mora, Fyfe, Barlow and Silvagni out of that (Roberton being good depth).

Minus Watts the top 11 is fantastic.

Why don't I have a crack at Yarran while we're at it?

I don't think that's the kind of comment welcome in this thread mate.

Cotchin looks to be top of the pile right now. The tall KPPs are obviously going to take a bit longer to break out.

Sam Reid looks like a star already.

Ditto to that.

Its our best draft ever as well. What a draft to go deep in. The following were all in our team tonight:
Pick 3: Hill
Pick 21: Ballas
Pick 24: Suban (struggling early this year but has been solid when fit in the past)
Pick 37: Zac Clarke (going to be a superstar)
RD Pick 19: De Boer
RD Pick 48: Pearce (has been brilliant for us this year)
RD Pick 74: Broughton

Jay Van Berlo and Walters good depth players (the latter having finally pulled his finger out and dropped about 5 kilos in the last month and a bit).

2009 looks to be a pretty weak draft so I´m pretty happy we got Mora, Fyfe, Barlow and Silvagni out of that (Roberton being good depth).

Pretty amazing hey, I don't know why WC did try to have more picks that year. Very very envious of your drafting of mature and rookie listed players. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back