Top 4 Battle

Who do you think will finish in the top 4?

• Chelsea

Votes: 56 88.9%
  • City

Votes: 54 85.7%
  • United

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 57 90.5%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Spurs

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Southampton

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Feel this deserves its own thread. With 9 games to go qualification for Champions League football is as wide open as ever. Let's assume that Chelsea/City occupy the top two positions and the other two positions will be filled by 2 of Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, Spurs & Southampton.

Chelsea 64
Hull(a), Stoke(h), QPR(a), ManU(h), Arsenal(a), Leicester(a), CP(h), Liverpool(h), WBA(a), Sunderland(h)

City 58
West Brom (h), Crystal Palace (a), Man United (a), West Ham (h), Aston Villa (h) Tottenham (a), QPR (h), Swansea (a), Southampton (h).

Arsenal 57
Newcastle (a), Liverpool (h), Burnley (a), Sunderland (h), Chelsea (h) Hull (a) Swansea (h), Man United (a), West Brom (h).

United 56
Liverpool (a), Aston Villa (h), Man City (h), Chelsea (a), Everton (a), West Brom (h), Crystal Palace (a), Arsenal (h), Hull (a)

Liverpool 54
Man United (h), Arsenal (a), Newcastle (h), Hull (a), West Brom (a), QPR (h), Chelsea (a), Crystal Palace (h) Stoke (a).

Tottenham 50
Leicester (h), Burnley (a), Aston Villa (h), Newcastle (a), Southampton (a), Manchester City (h), Stoke (a), Hull (h), Everton (a).

Southampton 50
Burnley (h), Everton (a), Hull (h), Stoke (a), Tottenham (h), Sunderland (a), Leicester (a), Aston Villa (h), Man City (a).

Spurs have the easiest run. Liverpool have the most difficult run. Arsenal you can almost guarantee will finish in the top 4 IMO and will end up 3rd. Very difficult 4th. Man Utd & Liverpool have the better form but Spurs & Southampton have the easier run home. Incredibly difficult to pick but I think United will end up finishing 4th.

Who does everyone think will finish in 3rd & 4th?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Melb Victory
Feel this deserves its own thread. With 9 games to go qualification for Champions League football is as wide open as ever. Let's assume that Chelsea/City occupy the top two positions and the other two positions will be filled by 2 of Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool, Spurs & Southampton.

Key games are as follows: Arsenal - vs Liverpool (Home), Chelsea (Home) United (away)
Man Utd - vs Liverpool (Away), Man City (Home), Arsenal (Home)
Liverpool - vs United (Home), Arsenal (away), Chelsea (away)
Spurs - vs Soton (away), Man City (Home)
Soton - vs Spurs (Home), Man City (away)

Spurs have the easiest run. Liverpool have the most difficult run. Arsenal you can almost guarantee will finish in the top 4 IMO and will end up 3rd. Very difficult 4th. Man Utd & Liverpool have the better form but Spurs & Southampton have the easier run home. Incredibly difficult to pick but I think United will end up finishing 4th.

Who does everyone think will finish in 3rd & 4th?
Our run in is tougher than Liverpools

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Our run in is tougher than Liverpools

We have Arsenal & Chelsea away whereas you guys have only us to play away that are direct competitors.

I'm hoping that Chelsea will have wrapped up the league by the time we head to SB. Will be much easier to get a result there if that is the case.

elhadjihenry

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Thread should prob include a current table and full list of fixtures for each team. Could be updated after each matchweek.

I think we play all of those teams except Man City who we could have taken three points against. Here's hoping we continue to play a role in the fight. ;)

For mine,

Chelsea
Arsenal
Man City
Man United

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
WorldCup2022OZ - is it possible to edit your post to include City and the remaining games for each team?

Will do mate when I get home. Bit cumbersome doing it on the phone. Happy for the mods to do it now if they wish (and input the current standings if possible!!!)

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Will do mate when I get home. Bit cumbersome doing it on the phone. Happy for the mods to do it now if they wish (and input the current standings if possible!!!)
No worries mate.

Yeah, and maybe add City to poll options too. They can't be out of the discussion IMO.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

I've edited it so you can choose your top 4 teams, is this better?

BlueBen

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
This Sunday is the key day for 4th spot I think.

I don't know - there are still eight games to go regardless of what happens. That's enough time for things to change.

If United win, the gap becomes five points, which would be difficult, but not impossible, to make up in eight games - as you would know!

If Liverpool win, we go one point ahead with an inferior goal-difference with eight games still to play. You'd rather be ahead than behind but it'd hardly be race over, particularly given that both sides still have some difficult fixtures to play.

Back