Collingwood
Gold Coast
GWS
Brisbane

Hawthorn
Fremantle
Richmond
Geelong

Why the * has nobody suggested our team, ________? We are going to do much better than everyone thinks over the next four years and beyond. I mean, ______ and _______ are back from injury, _________ and ______ are ready to take their games to the next level and have you seen who we selected in the draft last week? Our first selection, _________, is great odds for the rising star next year (get on him!) let alone four years time! As for _________, I think he'll be a real smokey and I reckon we got him for a steal this year. On top of that, we've cleared out ________ and _________ which really makes room for _________ who will be much better in that position anyway. There is no way _________ will be bottom 4, not like our rival team, ______, who are absolute certainties.

Don't know how you leave Port out of top 4. GWS & Gold Coast are obvious choices. Sydney will still be there abouts even without COLA.

Bottom 4 is harder, agree on Carlton, don't rate their youth. Think St.Kilda might still be there. The rest is a lottery.

4 years is a long time in footy. Most people can't even predict the following year's ladder with a reasonable degree of accuracy, so calling the top/bottom 4 that far out is like pissing into the wind. Playing lists can change a massive deal in that time - see Port Adelaide, or at the other end of the scale St Kilda.

In saying this, some clubs are better placed than others for a tilt in 4-5 years. GWS and GC's young talent will be in their prime around then, so both are logical choices for top 4. Port may still be thereabouts, Brissy have a strong midfield coming on, and a mid-table side such as Adelaide could always dart to the top of the ladder with a few smart moves at the trade/draft/FA table. Hawthorn have done well regenerating their list but the loss of Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne and Lake makes it challenging to contend for flags, whilst Sydney's aging backline is a concern. Not as bullish on the Pies or Dogs as some others - have my doubts on Collingwood's direction under Buckley, and the Dogs lack stability.

Carlton's young stocks are quite thin and Essendon will be hit hard by the fallout from the ASADA scandal, so I expect both to feature in the bottom 4. Freo may also struggle, but I feel the rest is up for debate - St Kilda and Melbourne will probably overtake a few teams by 2018 and a mid-table side (e.g. West Coast or Richmond) may sink unless moves are made.

I'm am not a big fan of Richmond but how do they become bottom 4 in that period. They will only lose 4 players (Foley, Newman, Chaplin, Maric) over that time and only Maric would be tough to replace.

HEY MAN!!!!!
What is with all the common sense?

We hate common sense on here!!!!!

Ban him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the **** has nobody suggested our team, Sydney? We are going to do much better than everyone thinks over the next four years and beyond. I mean, Johnson and Jetta are back from injury, Mitchell and Parker are ready to take their games to the next level and have you seen who we selected in the draft last week? Our first selection, Henney, is great odds for the rising star next year (get on him!) let alone four years time! As for Hiscox, I think he'll be a real smokey and I reckon we got him for a steal this year. On top of that, we've cleared out Malceski and O'Keefe which really makes room for Jones who will be much better in that position anyway. There is no way Sydney will be bottom 4, not like our rival team, Fremantle, who are absolute certainties.

:)

Why the **** has nobody suggested our team, Sydney? We are going to do much better than everyone thinks over the next four years and beyond. I mean, Johnson and Jetta are back from injury, Mitchell and Parker are ready to take their games to the next level and have you seen who we selected in the draft last week? Our first selection, Henney, is great odds for the rising star next year (get on him!) let alone four years time! As for Hiscox, I think he'll be a real smokey and I reckon we got him for a steal this year. On top of that, we've cleared out Malceski and O'Keefe which really makes room for Jones who will be much better in that position anyway. There is no way Sydney will be bottom 4, not like our rival team, Fremantle, who are absolute certainties.

Thats not a good thing.

A simple "the AFL will never let Sydney finish bottom 4" would have sufficed.

4 years is a bloody eternity in afl terms. You couldn't nominate anyone with confidence however if e afl have done their job properly, gws and GC should be in the top 4. Their talent list is outrageous but it takes more than that to be successful. If they can keep them at the club and more importantly instil the culture to sacrifice yourself for he sake of team success they will be massive like Brisbane, Geelong, hawks, etc. GC losing Hinkley is bigger than we think, as good as a tactician McKenna is, he needed hinkleys partnership as the driving force to unite the group and buy in to the direction.

Why the **** has nobody suggested our team, the Western Bulldogs? We are going to do much better than everyone thinks over the next four years and beyond. I mean, Prudden and Fuller are back from injury, Bontempelli and Stringer are ready to take their games to the next level and have you seen who we selected in the draft last week? Our first selection, McLean, is great odds for the rising star next year (get on him!) let alone four years time! As for Caleb Daniel, I think he'll be a real smokey and I reckon we got him for a steal this year. On top of that, we've cleared out Higgins and Cooney which really makes room for Honeychurch and Johannisen, who will be much better in that position anyway. There is no way the Doggies will be bottom 4, not like our rival team, ?, who are absolute certainties.

Nice template, Quadgeddoncross. Kudos.

In all seriousness, I'd expect Port Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, the Doggies and Melbourne to be up there. Give St Kilda a little bit more time, and they'll be up there too.

Think West Coast, Adelaide, Carlton and Essendon will be in the mix for the bottom four, but 4 years is a long time in footy, and in list management, more specifically. Anything can happen.

Worst type of thread, people cannot see past the current performance of certain teams. Is Melbourne or St Kilda being top 4 in 2018 laughable? No more so than if in 2004 you'd suggested Hawthorn would win the '08 flag.

4 years is an eternity in football. If anyone gets more than 2/8 it's by sheer chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back