Top 8 locked in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly think any of those teams have a realistic chance of winning the flag ??

Sydney didn't have Buddy when they played Essendon, you put him back in that game, it would have been a ten goal plus belting.

It will be a long time before a team outside the top 8 wins the flag again, last time it happened was in 1998 ...
Port are a chance...

Do you honestly think any of those teams have a realistic chance of winning the flag ??

Sydney didn't have Buddy when they played Essendon, you put him back in that game, it would have been a ten goal plus belting.

It will be a long time before a team outside the top 8 wins the flag again, last time it happened was in 1998 ...

Realistic? No. However, it is all about finals form. I think a side is capable of winning the flag from outside the top 4 for the first time in a long time, the two interstate likely finalists in the top 4 aren't excessively high scoring and are prone to being inaccurate, that always gives you a chance. If you are a Victorian club and you cop a Victorian loser in the QFs then it is less oppressive than playing interstate, if the planets align then you could meet a Victorian team in the SF and PF, if you can pull that off you will be playing an interstate team at home for the GF.

Chances are remotely slim, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is done in a year where the top 8-10 are fairly even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likely whoever wins out of West Coast & Essendon is in the box seat to make the finals, with the other missing out. I'm tipping Essendon to rebound at home.

The roller-coaster Crows need to beat either Richmond or Roos to make the finals. Beat Richmond & Adelaide Oval final looking likely (v Port if lose to Roos, or take 6th spot if beat the Roos).

I can't see the Pies beating the Hawks in the final round, which likely rules them out.

Same goes for Richmond, who I doubt can beat the Swans in the final round.

... but stranger things have happened & there is probably still some twists & turns to come...

Great that the finalists & the order is not likely to be settled til the final round.

I could see north or port pushing if they focused on work ethic instead of expecting to play well.
the thing is when was the top 8 ever closer then this year?

the fact is this year 5-8 are way more competitive then any in recent times, past years, sweet it's the lower end of the 8 notch up a win, this year more then any other most supporters realise straight set's are on the cards for any top 4 team.

top 4 is no longer enough, top 2 isn't a gilled lilly anymore, it's almost vital.

I think the benefit for us (even if we don't make the finals) is that every game is basically an elimination final and a loss means its pretty much over. If nothing else, will be great pressure cooker games for the playing group to experience.

A very long time, unless they start allowing teams from outside the 8 to play finals.

So... I think the top 7 is now locked. I believe 8th spot is down to Adelaide or West Coast...unless Richmond can beat Sydney in Sydney.

West Coast were guaranteed a finals spot if they won last night..5 goals up and blew it... incredible

Crows beat kangaroos they are in.... Crows lose I reakon West Coast make it. HUGE game

So... I think the top 7 is now locked. I believe 8th spot is down to Adelaide or West Coast...unless Richmond can beat Sydney in Sydney.

West Coast were guaranteed a finals spot if they won last night..5 goals up and blew it... incredible

Crows beat kangaroos they are in.... Crows lose I reakon West Coast make it. HUGE game
Essendon has come back from 5 goals down against Hawthorn and Geelong too.

We're Adelaide's little bitches atm, but form wise I'll back put boys in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back