Top 8 locked in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL will be loving how it's all turned out. Usually the Sunday games are meaningless in the last round of the season.

im struggling to see freo let a team beat them at home for a place in the top 4. they will be back to finals intensity freo for that game. I do however concede the losses of Barlow and Fyfe are huge.

Why would Sydney take the Richmond game lightly given they could lose top spot with Hawthorn likely to pump a depleted Collingwood and even if they did rest a few then it's likely the players coming in will be going full tilt to win a finals gig.

Why would Sydney take the Richmond game lightly given they could lose top spot with Hawthorn likely to pump a depleted Collingwood and even if they did rest a few then it's likely the players coming in will be going full tilt to win a finals gig.

No real difference between 1 and 2 except a one day break which is really not that important if you advance to prelims. I don't think Sydney will play around with form though, that all being said. Still, we'd play Geelong interstate which personally is nicer than Fremantle who are on fire one week and a kick off losing to Carlton at home the next.

No real difference between 1 and 2 except a one day break which is really not that important if you advance to prelims. I don't think Sydney will play around with form though, that all being said. Still, we'd play Geelong interstate which personally is nicer than Fremantle who are on fire one week and a kick off losing to Carlton at home the next.

Yes but then that would mean they are likely to face Freo in a knockout prelim, definitely be rather getting all the benefits of finishing top.

I reckon 7 of the final 8 are already locked
In no order North, Swans, Hawks, Cats, Dockers, Pies and Port.

8th spot could go to either Adelaide, Gold Coast or West Coast
This prediction was made 8th May and is very close to 100%. Except for the horrendous run of injuries the Pies have had, they would be in the 8. The only thing missed is that Essendon are not down as a chance.

The top 4 are Swans, Hawks, Dockers and Port. Sadly my boys are masquerading as a top 4 side and will be out in straight sets. I can only see a Swans V Hawks Grand Final. It's pretty cut and dried this year.
Both Richmond and Port are a chace at winning next week.
The make up of the top 4 is still up in the air. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity the Hawthorn and Sydney games aren't on at the same time. That would have made it more interesting.

I doubt Sydney will play QF on Friday night if they finish top and Freeo fourth. Both sides will be coming of a 6 day break and I doubt the AFL will want Freeo traveling across the other side of the country to play a QF on a 6 day break.
Will likely be Haw v Geel Friday night QF, simply because of the Freeo travel factor.

Yeah basically your no chance. I wouldn't be getting your hopes up. But don't worry, you can still finish 9th. :)
I hope and i'm being serious I hope hardwick comes to play this time. none of that sideways kicking s**t, your teams just not polished enough to try and be hawthorn. it's not a slight against your mob either there's no team in the league as smooth with the boot as the hawks. Just roll the dice is all i ask instead of that percentage s**t hardwick was trialing last time we met.
don't worry you'll see a better outfit than the last time we played you, which was our last loss by the way...

You won't make it. You need to go at least 3-1 in the next 4 (given that there's 2 you should win and 2 50/50's that makes it likely, unless you drop the 50/50's, which is very possible considering you lost to GC and the Dogs) because I can't see you beating Freo or Sydney after that. Best case scenario over the next 6 weeks is 4-2 IMO, which puts you 6-7 and needing to go 6/9 in the last couple of months (hard to see) and the most likely scenario is 3-3 which makes it 5-8 and virtually impossible for you to get in.
There isn't a gif in existence that can help you out mate.

There are SEVERAL sides outside of the eight capable of getting in, to save you the suspense, Richmond isn't one of them.

Oh wait, there is a gif.....

shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

Interesting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back