FTA-TV Top Gear UK Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmation Clarkson is gone:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32052736

Hammond and May's contracts up for renewal, unknown at this stage as to whether they'll stay on.

Not a chance those two will carry on without him.

If they want the show to continue, they'll have to reinvent it again with the right people. Just sticking three new blokes in there and telling them to do the same thing won't work.

Not a chance those two will carry on without him.

If they want the show to continue, they'll have to reinvent it again with the right people. Just sticking three new blokes in there and telling them to do the same thing won't work.

See: Top Gear USA

What a s**t version of the show.

Looks like the other two will walk

I think that was a given.
If you look at James may's twitter it now has
"Former tv presenter only remembered for saying"oh utensil" Or was that the other bloke?"

If the beeb want top gear to keep going theyre going to have one hell of a job to get it anywhere near what it is now.

"Former tv presenter only remembered for saying"oh utensil" Or was that the other bloke?"

If the beeb want top gear to keep going theyre going to have one hell of a job to get it anywhere near what it is now.
Agree.

I think it was telling forming from May, mind you probably the 'sensible' one of the 3. And he was still pretty supportive of Clarkson.

It's said that on his Twitter from when this first started

Can't believe that the BBC even thought that they had a chance of being able to continue Top Gear without Clarkson. He was the main host with Hammond and May feeding off him. A show can survive without one of the co-hosts, but lose the main man and it is going to be doomed. Have a look at the spin off series that have started, all crap, Top Gear USA is pathetic, Top Gear Australia was that bad I'm surprised it wasn't killed faster.

I'd also love to know what the BBC think there chances are of getting new hosts? No self respecting presenter who is worth a pinch of sh*t would be willing to touch it. Just how do you takeover such a successful show without any of the people who built it? You can't, the fans won't accept it and the ratings will dive overnight.

RIP Top Gear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I like about Clarkson is the zero ****s he gives. Sadly though in the world of political correctness we find ourselves in now, you can't say or do anything without upsetting the minority.

It's a sad day for this great show.
I think he said pretty much that himself with his 'dinosaur' comments the other day.

Thing for me is, I think most of the things he does that get him in trouble are meant as a joke rather than a genuine racist (or similar) taunt. A personality for TV.

One thing I like about Clarkson is the zero ****s he gives. Sadly though in the world of political correctness we find ourselves in now, you can't say or do anything without upsetting the minority.

Let me guess you're white?

Clarkson is a flog and a racist.

Last edited:
Let me guess you're white?

Clarkson is flog and a racist.

Whilst Clarkson states such views in his columns and in public appearances, his public persona does not necessarily represent his personal views, as he acknowledged whilst interviewing Alastair Campbell saying "I don't believe what I write, any more than you believe what you say"

This is a gold mine and the BBC have pretty much left the gate open for those with the money to invest into mining it.

"We're a package" seems pretty obvious to me. You can't buy this sort of publicity.

The thing is the top gear track and gimmicks such as star in a reasonably priced car were starting to grind on a bit. It was the funny films and road trips they did that provide the most entertainment. That's all them, they don't need the track and studio to do it.

This incident has nothing to do with political correctness though. He abused and assaulted a producer. He HAD to be sacked. There was no alternative for the BBC.

HrKsb1g.jpg

Clarkson's list of * ups was long and if BBC didn't make so much money from the show he'd have been gone a long time ago. No sympathy from me.

I know eh you can't even be racist or assault your co-workers anymore. That bloody political correctness!

Clarkson's list of **** ups was long and if BBC didn't make so much money from the show he'd have been gone a long time ago. No sympathy from me.

I know eh you can't even be racist or assault your co-workers anymore. That bloody political correctness!
Some of those **** ups were total bullshit.
The eeny meeny one was never actually aired on TV.It sounds like some bitter person at the BBC decided to make the footage available that was never mean't to be aired public.FFS who hasn't said that ryhme in their life ?
Even the slope one I never thought was racist.When first watching it I thought it was James waking back over the bridge and there really was a slope on one side of the bridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back