FTA-TV Top Gear UK Series

Remove this Banner Ad

does it make me a bad person that I have never seen this show once, not even a segment & wouldn't have known who this Clarkson flog was unless he had appeared on a few QI episodes?

Its popularity peaked in Australia about 10 years ago.

Its popularity peaked in Australia about 10 years ago.
Well the dickheads at the BBC killed it in Australia by selling the rights to Nein.
At least it was fixed last year by letting BBC Knowledge fast track it.
Wonder when Nein will show the recent series.They will milk the crap out of it in the ads

"The most controversial series of TOP GEAR yet"

I was shocked to hear how many females I work with loved this show, and the thing they liked about it was that it dared to go against the current worldwide trend to be politically correct about everything.

The ABC is dying a slow death here in Australia, and it looks like the BBC may be heading the same way. They have killed off their cash cow, and if they go totally PC and get a female to play the Doctor in Doctor Who, that will be the death knell for them.

I was shocked to hear how many females I work with loved this show, and the thing they liked about it was that it dared to go against the current worldwide trend to be politically correct about everything.

The ABC is dying a slow death here in Australia, and it looks like the BBC may be heading the same way. They have killed off their cash cow, and if they go totally PC and get a female to play the Doctor in Doctor Who, that will be the death knell for them.

Yes, it is interesting how a show that is deliberately masculine - I believe Wilman called it 'a look inside the mind of a man' - has an audience that is 40% female.

Seems like we're in the sad position that by sacking Clarkson many others will lose their jobs.

BBC :thumbsdown:
Hardly the BBC's fault. If you're trying to apportione blame it should probably be Hammond and May. They're the ones choosing to leave the show. That's the decision that killed the show.

Hardly the BBC's fault. If you're trying to apportione blame it should probably be Hammond and May. They're the ones choosing to leave the show. That's the decision that killed the show.

Smart really. A replacement host will probably be a slow downhill drop in numbers. Stay together and wherever they end up will make someone money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smart really. A replacement host will probably be a slow downhill drop in numbers. Stay together and wherever they end up will make someone money.
Precisely my thinking. They're worth a hell of a lot more as a package than they are separately.

Precisely my thinking. They're worth a hell of a lot more as a package than they are separately.

Yep. I'm sure they were paid well at BBC but probably have the ability to make a lot more at a commercial station.

It has to be Netflix or something similar. Any commercial network beholden to advertisers would really not suit a TG type show. It's one of the reasons Top Gear US is so horribly unwatchable.

Andy wilman has quit. Here is the 'leaked' email

Well, at least we left 'em wanting more. And that alone, when you think about it, is quite an achievement for a show that started 13 years ago. I know none of us wanted it to end this way, but for a moment I'd like us to look back and think about just what an incredible thing you all had a hand in creating. When Jane Root gave us the green light in 2002, the brief was to reinvigorate a car show and get an audience of three million. What you all ended up making was one of the most iconic programmes in TV history, a show about cars that went global, won countless awards, was devoured by non car fans and ended up in the Guinness Book of Records.
We had a lot of laughs, we had a lot of tiffs. We went to amazing places and we went to some shitholes. We nearly killed a presenter, we had to run for the border. We started off with whoever we could get in the Reasonably Priced Car, and ended up with Tom Cruise. Throughout all this we made television that was beautiful to look at and beautiful to listen to. The work ethic never slipped, the desire for everyone in this dysfunctional family to do right by the show never faltered. Jeremy, Richard and James, as the visible tip of the iceberg, got most of the attention and praise, but you all in your own fields had such an immense hand in weaving this unforgettable tapestry. I would love to single out everybody by name to thank them for what they did, but it's impossible and I'd forget someone I shouldn't have and that would be crap, so I'll just say Jim, I'm sorry we never got a bear to drive an automatic.
For those of you who still rely on it for work, don't worry, because the BBC will make sure the show continues. Our stint as guardians of Top Gear was a good one, but we were only part of the show's history, not the whole of it. Those two words are bigger than us.
Anyway, when you're feeling low in your working day at any point, look around at some of the crap on TV, then have a think about Top Gear, 2002- 2015, and say to yourself: "I made that."
A big, big, big thank you, which will never be enough.
Andy.

Last edited:
The Top Gear [DON'T CALL IT THAT !!!] Festival that was due to be at Sydney Motorsport Park in 3 weeks has been shifted to July and will be an indoor event at the telephone arena.There will also be shows a week earlier in Melbourne at Rod Laver Arena.

All 3 Top Gear [STOP CALLING IT THAT !!!] will be there

http://www.topgearfestivalsydney.com.au/festival-update

The Top Gear [DON'T CALL IT THAT !!!] Festival that was due to be at Sydney Motorsport Park in 3 weeks has been shifted to July and will be an indoor event at the telephone arena.There will also be shows a week earlier in Melbourne at Rod Laver Arena.

All 3 Top Gear [STOP CALLING IT THAT !!!] will be there

http://www.topgearfestivalsydney.com.au/festival-update
I mentioned Top Gear once but I think I got away with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back