Top three players from this crop of rising stars?

Who will be the best three players from this rising star crop.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Which three players from this crop of rising stars will have the best careers?

I realise I left off Jake Lloyd and the winners of the final two rounds. This was all I could put in the poll so I chose the first 20.

Bontempelli, Hrovat and Stringer of course.

I'd go with Aish, Bontempelli, and Taylor. But you can sub in any of Merrett, Billings, Daniher, KK, Stringer and maybe even Patton.

Bontempelli, Kolodjashnij, Aish for me.

Squizzy a bee's dick away from taking Aish's place.

Zach Merrett definitely up there, and who knows what Joe D could become. Dunstan, Langdon and McDonald's consistency shouldn't go unnoticed either.

Will come across as enormously biased but I've selected both Bont and Stringer, as well as Daniher.

It's bloody hard to choose though. There's quite a few players that I can't see completing their game enough to trouble where I see the above three reaching (Aish, Taylor, Dunstan, Langdon, Buckley, Kelly, Crouch, Impey, Billings, Cunningham, Hrovat and Patton (injuries)), but amongst the others it's an incredibly tough call. Big fan of most of those players and no disrespect intended, I just don't see them being in the absolute upper echelon. Merrett, Gardiner, McDonald, Kolodjashnij and Menzel, though, could, in my opinion.

Don't think any team will be disappointed with what they have here.

So hard to pick. I'd pick Patton, Bontempelli and McDonald. Honourable mentions to Kolodjashni, Menzel and just about everyone else there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good group and difficult to pick because there is such a variety of playing styles. Glad to see Zach Merrett getting some recognition from opposition supporters, he's been fantastic and I expect supporters of all respective clubs these guys play for would feel similarly. Out of the other clubs I'm particularly happy to see that Brisbane seems to have done so well given the mini exodus experienced last year, it seems it may end up having been a good thing.

At the moment we have Bontempelli (54), Stringer (20), Aish (17), Daniher (16), KK (13), Merrett (12), Kelly & Taylor (11), Billings (10), Menzel & Patton (8), Dunstan & Hrovat (6), Langdon, McDonald and Gardiner (4) and Cunningham, Impey, Crouch and Buckley (2).

Will be interesting to come back the day before the Rising Star is announced and make a 'Bigfooty Rising Star' 5-4-3-2-1 and compare it to the overall, be the 10th judge so to speak.

At the moment we have
5. Bontempelli (WB)
4. Stringer (WB)
3. Aish (Bris)
2. Daniher (Esse)
1. Kolodjashnij (GC)

Assuming Lloyd, Taberner and Broomhead/Longer/Freeman don't score votes too. Obviously we are all voting for different reasons to the Rising Star judges but interesting to see nonetheless.

At the moment we have Bontempelli (54), Stringer (20), Aish (17), Daniher (16), KK (13), Merrett (12), Kelly & Taylor (11), Billings (10), Menzel & Patton (8), Dunstan & Hrovat (6), Langdon, McDonald and Gardiner (4) and Cunningham, Impey, Crouch and Buckley (2).

Will be interesting to come back the day before the Rising Star is announced and make a 'Bigfooty Rising Star' 5-4-3-2-1 and compare it to the overall, be the 10th judge so to speak.

At the moment we have
5. Bontempelli (WB)
4. Stringer (WB)
3. Aish (Bris)
2. Daniher (Esse)
1. Kolodjashnij (GC)

Assuming Lloyd, Taberner and Broomhead/Longer/Freeman don't score votes too. Obviously we are all voting for different reasons to the Rising Star judges but interesting to see nonetheless.
It will be completely different, because the Rising Star judges vote on what they've seen throughout the season, whereas the majority here are voting on who will be the best.

Back