Bulldogs - W (14th)

There is a strong pattern there.

Are you talking about last year?

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Absolutely we should be testing our game plan against the Hawks. Of course they'll see ours but if we beat them it will force them to alter theirs and second guess themselves. Coaches have to back themselves in and take these risks if they want to be the best.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
GWS' win over Hawthorn looks quite significant in that context. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain their form over the entire season and in finals where younger teams tend to struggle.

If they can win seven of their remaining games they will pinch a spot in the eight. On form they should win this week and next then roll into collingwood with some confidence. Gee - Us - Ess - Port - cola, will be a tough run.

WB - BRIS - COLL - NORTH - RICH - STK - GC - GEE @ home - FRE - ESS - POR - SYD - CAR - MEL

sij1981

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2008
sPACE
AFL Club
Fremantle
Absolutely we should be testing our game plan against the Hawks. Of course they'll see ours but if we beat them it will force them to alter theirs and second guess themselves. Coaches have to back themselves in and take these risks if they want to be the best.

to be honest the lower Hawks are the better. Would be nice to have GWS in top 4 and play them at home.

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
to be honest the lower Hawks are the better. Would be nice to have GWS in top 4 and play them at home.

Yep, agree. If they finish outside the 4 and all things going to plan we would maybe play them in the Prelim at home.

pavsbootlace

Cancelled
Dec 30, 2011
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
If they can win seven of their remaining games they will pinch a spot in the eight. On form they should win this week and next then roll into collingwood with some confidence. Gee - Us - Ess - Port - cola, will be a tough run.

WB - BRIS - COLL - NORTH - RICH - STK - GC - GEE @ home - FRE - ESS - POR - SYD - CAR - MEL

GWS have 7 more home games and their away games are all winnable (except maybe against Port and us). I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 5 of their home games and 3 away wins against weaker sides which would take them to 14 wins. Sneaking in to the top 4 is not out of the question.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
GWS have 7 more home games and their away games are all winnable (except maybe against Port and us). I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 5 of their home games and 3 away wins against weaker sides which would take them to 14 wins. Sneaking in to the top 4 is not out of the question.

They have a decent group of senior players there now, which means it will be harder to beat them at home and they should be more consistent. Add to that some of their brilliant young guns in the middle and cameron up forward and they have a bit going for them. They would see finals as a success but from where they are placed and the draw they have they should be looking to finish 4th-6th.

youmewe

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep, agree. If they finish outside the 4 and all things going to plan we would maybe play them in the Prelim at home.
If we finish top and win in finals week 1 AND Hawthorn finish 5th-8th

Then Hawthorn would have to finish 6th or 7th and win in finals week 1 and then win away against the loser of 2nd v 3rd for us to meet in the PF.

If we finish 2nd and win in finals week 1 AND Hawthorn finish 5th-8th

Then Hawthorn would have to finish 5th or 8th and win in finals week 1 and then win away against the loser of 1st v 4th for us to meet in the PF.

Last edited:

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well this is turning in a damn good thread!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

There will be permutations as the season unfolds but for the first time we dont have to rely on other results and so far other results have gone our way.

it is possible to mount the argument that we are seeing the beginning of a change of the guard as far as the top teams and I believe with fyfe leading our mids that we are set to contend and possibly lead that changing of the guard while winning this year!

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tigers come in with some form. Good time to knock them off!

Getting up after that second quarter was impressive, and despite the weird ending to the game and the commentary of it, we were deserved winners. We should have done more with 20 entries in the last term. Thats domination.... and domination we cant afford not to take advantage of against top opponents.

We should be aiming TOP now...... 2015 minor premiership all but sewn up now.

We will be 14-0 heading to launceston, and wouldnt be surprised to see us knock the off now either.

atm we are also making good adjustments at the breaks. At half time I was certain Ross and co would adjust things and have us come out and dominate the next half. It is pattern like now, when we are challenged, if we can get to the break we come out and impose ourselves with tactical changes and pull away again. Gosh im loving being a freo fan these days!

DudleyDocker

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Tigers come in with some form. Good time to knock them off!

Getting up after that second quarter was impressive, and despite the weird ending to the game and the commentary of it, we were deserved winners. We should have done more with 20 entries in the last term. Thats domination.... and domination we cant afford not to take advantage of against top opponents.

We should be aiming TOP now...... 2015 minor premiership all but sewn up now.

We will be 14-0 heading to launceston, and wouldnt be surprised to see us knock the off now either.

atm we are also making good adjustments at the breaks. At half time I was certain Ross and co would adjust things and have us come out and dominate the next half. It is pattern like now, when we are challenged, if we can get to the break we come out and impose ourselves with tactical changes and pull away again. Gosh im loving being a freo fan these days!
* Cough * Port Adelaide last year * Cough *

upload_2015-5-31_9-1-27.png

jackdanielz3

Senior List
Apr 26, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I hope we take a full strength team to tassie and smash the Hawks even if 14-0 at the time. I'm still pessimistic about being able to beat them at the G so the lower they finish the better.

The dream scenario would be The Hawks finish like 7th, somehow the Swans lose their first final then The Hawks knock them out in week 2, we play the Hawks at subi in the prelim and annihilate them, then the GF is against the Eagles or Collingwood or even allah willing GWS

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
* Cough * Port Adelaide last year * Cough *

View attachment 139479

Yeah again different side to port.... we have some depth plus we are a team that has been at the top for the last four seasons or there abouts.

there is a long way to go but if we dont finish top from here we a two game lead on our main rival for top spot (NOT WCE... though they are 'flying high'...) then it is a disappointment. Syd have as many games as us left this season. We have our easiest run for the year coming up right now.

Five weeks ago we were clear by two games and it was clear then that top two was ours for the taking. 5 rounds and 9-0 later are you suggesting we will drop two more games than Syd through the remaining 13 rounds? If so I would like to see where those games are? As im fairly certain the hawks will come out firing against sydney later in the year as well.

DudleyDocker

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Yeah again different side to port.... we have some depth plus we are a team that has been at the top for the last four seasons or there abouts.

there is a long way to go but if we dont finish top from here we a two game lead on our main rival for top spot (NOT WCE... though they are 'flying high'...) then it is a disappointment. Syd have as many games as us left this season. We have our easiest run for the year coming up right now.

Five weeks ago we were clear by two games and it was clear then that top two was ours for the taking. 5 rounds and 9-0 later are you suggesting we will drop two more games than Syd through the remaining 13 rounds? If so I would like to see where those games are? As im fairly certain the hawks will come out firing against sydney later in the year as well.
Not disagreeing we are in a great position poshman, just hate tempting the footy gods! It is not inconceivable that we get some injuries, suspensions and form drop-offs between now and the end of the year. I reckon we could easily drop two more than Sydney between now and finals, and it may not be the games you expect.

To be honest, half way though the third quarter last night I was thinking we would only be one game clear of Sydney by the end of the game.

Loving the rarefied air at the top of the ladder, but not counting my chickens just yet!

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not disagreeing we are in a great position poshman, just hate tempting the footy gods! It is not inconceivable that we get some injuries, suspensions and form drop-offs between now and the end of the year. I reckon we could easily drop two more than Sydney between now and finals, and it may not be the games you expect.

To be honest, half way though the third quarter last night I was thinking we would only be one game clear of Sydney by the end of the game.

Loving the rarefied air at the top of the ladder, but not counting my chickens just yet!

Fair enough.... I think we have shown we can play with key people out, and dont think we will drop the two more than sydney.

As for footy Gods... we have him.. he wears number 7! :);):D

wormburner67

Team Captain
Dec 9, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nathan Brown just said on the Footy Show that he doesn't rate Freo this year and that if we make the G/F we just won't win it!!
Seems to fly against pretty much what everyone is saying.
Does anyone see his point?????

clogged

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 4, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nathan Brown just said on the Footy Show that he doesn't rate Freo this year and that if we make the G/F we just won't win it!!
In terms of analysis, anything that appears on Channel 9 is pretty much bottom of the barrel stuff. For all sports.

Grape Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 12, 2012
Middle of Nowhere
AFL Club
Fremantle

Anyone who gets to the Grand Final can win it. Anyone who says otherwise is just a muppet trying to get attention in the context of being generally irrelevant in the greater scheme of things.

Either that, or he wasn't cuddled often enough as a child. ;)

Back