Top two finish awaits!

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Nathan Brown just said on the Footy Show that he doesn't rate Freo this year and that if we make the G/F we just won't win it!!
Seems to fly against pretty much what everyone is saying.
Does anyone see his point?????
I think he said this on Friday. The 3AW crew brought it up today and said he hadn't taken into consideration that our midfield depth since 2013 is better and Fyfe has gotten better. They basically laughed at him and compared him to David King saying throughout 2011 that the Cats wouldn't win the flag, i.e. they thought he was a dill. There is a reason why Nathan Brown isn't more involved with the media: he's not very bright.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nathan Brown just said on the Footy Show that he doesn't rate Freo this year and that if we make the G/F we just won't win it!!
Seems to fly against pretty much what everyone is saying.
Does anyone see his point?????

The footy world in general doesn't think we score enough to win a GF. Truth is this year we do and we score in bunches. It will take a while as usual for the average follower to realise our game style has changed. And Nathan brown is well below average.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah only the one better. But we've also actively rested the team for up to a half of many games.

Will be interesting to see how it averages out after round fourteen when we have played some of the lesser teams.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looking at the fixture I'd be happy to make the prediction that it's unlikely that teams such as Geelong, Port and Collingwood will trouble the top 2 (a safe prediction I know).

Hawthorn have the best shot outside of us and the Swans, but I think they'll fall short a game or two even if they return to their pre-2015 form.

That leaves Sydney - they're similar to us in the sense that they've played a lot of their massive games already (Us away, Port away, Hawks away - the top 4 teams from last year). The way their fixture plays out I imagine they'd be starting favourites for all the remaining games in the season, and wouldn't be too surprised if they don't drop anymore.

Despite our red-hot form I don't think we'll get through the season undefeated, and likely to drop at least 1-3 games. If it's anything around 3 games, Sydney could end up beating us by one game or a match up through percentage.

I don't think it's necessary for us to be minor premiers, and could end up meaning the difference between playing Hawks at Subi or someone else... at this stage though I'd prefer it to be someone else.

But it's only Round 10.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's only round ten but I think from here going on this year and last we should only drop two from here.

That would have us top as you'd think Syd - wce and Hawks will all drop at least one.

Tazmania

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2007
Back in WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ha I doubt it but imagine that... Not only winning our first flag but a history making season at that!!
heretic.jpg

Banker

Club Legend
May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ha I doubt it but imagine that... Not only winning our first flag but a history making season at that!!

Yep, very low chance as Ross will rest players towards the end.

If D.Pearce doesnt get a rest and a couple of others we can say goodbye to our flag hopes. I truly believe that Pearce was burned out come GF and even last year finals series he was sick but not rested.

clivenator26

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2009
Latex Condo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Away games we might lose - Hawks, Rich, North, Port.

Home games we might lose - WCE

I think everything else is pencilled I as a win. If we lost all 5 of the above that's 16-6 good enough maybe for 4th but unlikely top 2.

I'm confident we will still be top 2, a relatively simple 3 games with a bye coming up.

9-1 still backing us for a first place finish! We will drop only one or two from here on out!

We may drop only one or two. Otherwise you might want to send Ross your crystal ball, since he swears he doesn't have one.

A lot rides on whether the players low on form pick up, how our defense holds up over the next few weeks, whether we sustain any further injuries - and lastly, whether teams learn from how Richmond cut us up. The two chip kicks into the dead middle of our zone, then a longer one to the forward 50 worked time and again for them.

I think we will make top 2, but it's hardly a #certainty.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We may drop only one or two. Otherwise you might want to send Ross your crystal ball, since he swears he doesn't have one.

A lot rides on whether the players low on form pick up, how our defense holds up over the next few weeks, whether we sustain any further injuries - and lastly, whether teams learn from how Richmond cut us up. The two chip kicks into the dead middle of our zone, then a longer one to the forward 50 worked time and again for them.

I think we will make top 2, but it's hardly a #certainty.

Who do you think would take our place in that top two? The rest of your statement is just as much crystal balling as mine...

The biggest issue I had with Friday night was effort as much as anything else.

As for the defence holding up, in excited about Pearce getting more experience. And we have players in peel doing well so hopefully they get a look in. this situation is exactly why we want them playing well at peep. We know gu and others are hungry and will bring improvement.

Weller and blakeky might even get a go.

How many games did we lose last season?

Syd also has games they can drop. Wce have a tougher section of the draw here on in and the Hawks are still a few back with some tough games left.

Is back us to have only the one lose before the game against the Hawks. We are still in a ripping position this season.

1 - Freo - 9 wins (To Play: Collingwood, Hawthorn, GWS, West Coast, Port)
2 - Sydney - 8 wins (To Play: Port, Hawthorn, West Coast, Collingwood, GWS)
3 - West Coast - 7 wins (To Play: Collingwood, Sydney, Hawthorn, Freo)
4 - Collingwood - 7 wins (To Play: GWS, Freo, Hawthorn, Port, West Coast, Sydney) - the first five are all in a row..
5 - GWS - 7 wins (To Play: Collingwood, Freo, Port, Sydney)
6 - Hawthorn - 6 wins (To Play: Collingwood, Freo, Sydney, West Coast, Port)

9 - Port - 5 wins (To Play: Sydney, Collingwood, GWS, Hawthorn, Freo)

There are a lot of eight point games to come.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
The top two will need 16-17 wins.Freo sitting on 9 and with GC,Melbourne,Saints,Brisbane,GWS at home,Carlton,Collingwood at home to come hopefully gives us the 16 we may need.Sydney and Hawks still to play each other which will give us an added game on one of those two.
North,Richmond ,Hawks,WC and Port will be tough but if we can pinch one or two of those top spot should be ours.
A lot of water to flow under the bridge yet but we are one out and one back at the minute with the last lap coming up.

sij1981

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2008
sPACE
AFL Club
Fremantle
The top two will need 16-17 wins.Freo sitting on 9 and with GC,Melbourne,Saints,Brisbane,GWS at home,Carlton,Collingwood at home to come hopefully gives us the 16 we may need.Sydney and Hawks still to play each other which will give us an added game on one of those two.
North,Richmond ,Hawks,WC and Port will be tough but if we can pinch one or two of those top spot should be ours.
A lot of water to flow under the bridge yet but we are one out and one back at the minute with the last lap coming up.

Lets take it one week at a time, lets first dispose of GC....need to stabilize backline with injuries...not winging as the other mob went through same patch at start.

One thing i learnt we dont play well in wet or night games when there is dhue !!!!

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lets take it one week at a time, lets first dispose of GC....need to stabilize backline with injuries...not winging as the other mob went through same patch at start.

One thing i learnt we dont play well in wet or night games when there is dhue !!!!

Seriously if we can't beat the bottom 6

Back