Top two finish awaits!

Remove this Banner Ad

The top two will need 16-17 wins.Freo sitting on 9 and with GC,Melbourne,Saints,Brisbane,GWS at home,Carlton,Collingwood at home to come hopefully gives us the 16 we may need.Sydney and Hawks still to play each other which will give us an added game on one of those two.
North,Richmond ,Hawks,WC and Port will be tough but if we can pinch one or two of those top spot should be ours.
A lot of water to flow under the bridge yet but we are one out and one back at the minute with the last lap coming up.

Id back us to win all those initial seven games plus wce. Then split the remaining four for a three loss season. And top spot secured.

Just checked the Squiggle - has us finishing top, Sydney 2nd, then WCE, then Hawthorn 4th.

In the finals it has us beating Hawks in wk 1, then beating WCE by 2 points in a Prelim, then beating the Swans by a point in GF.

I'd take it, but not sure my nerves could...

Last week the Squiggle had us losing to WC in the Grand Final - thanks Norf!

Jinxed it. Big time.

Thread made 26 April. Only one loss in the past 6 rounds since then!
We are still 1 game clear of the pack, as we were then. :)

WCE found another tall defender in McGovern. It comes with having an excess of talls. We, on the other hand....

We have A.Pearce. Just hasn't been able to show his wares with McPharlin/MJ/Ibbo ahead of him. He will do now!

Nah
Jinxed it. Big time.
nah... Still good things for top two. And given the games others have to play Id be somewhat disappointed if we don't finish top from here.

I'm somewhat perplexed that some are almost at panick stations after one loss and predicting what other teams in a worse position who have had as bad or worse losses (and more of them) will do and how we are suddenly fragile. Our first ten games were the toughest of our draw. We are in a great position for top two!

Hit the break at 10-1 and great percentage.

RTB said today he still believes hawthorn are the benchmark due to percentage. But they are a couple back with a lot to do from here and a game against Sydney in Sydney to come.

The break comes at a good time for us. That with our next two at home and the hardest part of the year behind us has us in great shape for top two finish.

I would love to see Weller get a game this year as his pace and class would be good to see. A Pearce looks like he will get his 5-10 games this year and is showing a tonne of promise.

More pleased than ever I booked my GF tickets. Glad that rubbish today is over. Could have been a heap better if we kicked decently in the second quarter. Those are the types of games that you just bank the points and move on from. Expecting big things against Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The break comes at a good time for us. That with our next two at home and the hardest part of the year behind us has us in great shape for top two finish.

OK I didn't realise we had two home games after the bye.
So that is effectively 1 month in Perth including a bye.
I do hope that's enough time for them to recover from whatever disease they were suffering from today.
I was ready to grab a red hot poker and burn my retina's out after watching that :drunk:

Syd look like overtaking us at some stage as they've got a pretty good draw.

Collingwood and WCE to lose a few more, Hawks the biggest threat for top 2 if we were to drop a few ourselves.

Not home and hosed yet.

Collingwood and WCE to lose a few more, Hawks the biggest threat for top 2 if we were to drop a few ourselves.

Not home and hosed yet.

I don't think you back Sydney to beat us to top and have Hawks as the biggest threat. Simply because they play each other so someone will drop four points.

Also I think our draw is on par or easier than Sydney's.

Not home and hosed yet.

Agree.I reckon Sydney will win the minor premiership with us clinching second providing we don't lose Maca to injury.

Are you saying that based on how we played the last 3 weeks or on our early season form?
On both really. We were horrible yesterday yet had 12 marks inside fifty (missed at least three sitters) - double the inside fifties (almost) more possessions by a way. More contested possessions. Pretty close on tackles. More clearances and pretty much won every statistical category. For some strange reason we also only used 98 interchanges.

Apart from that tell me whivh games you will tip against us in. Not what ones are danger games etc but which ones you will too against us in.

The other 'threats' to us have all looked worse than us for longer stretches this year. I'm backing Ross and co to have the team hit form again and steam towards the finals!

On both really. We were horrible yesterday yet had 12 marks inside fifty (missed at least three sitters) - double the inside fifties (almost) more possessions by a way. More contested possessions. Pretty close on tackles. More clearances and pretty much won every statistical category. For some strange reason we also only used 98 interchanges.

Apart from that tell me whivh games you will tip against us in. Not what ones are danger games etc but which ones you will too against us in.

The other 'threats' to us have all looked worse than us for longer stretches this year. I'm backing Ross and co to have the team hit form again and steam towards the finals!

I haven't even had a look at it. I wasn't having a go, I was genuinely interested in your thoughts and happy to take your word but just wanted to know. Sounds like good news though

port were 10-1 last year
Yes they were but their second half of the season I think was a tougher draw than the first half. Ours,I think is the other way around. We play three of our next four games at Subi. We still have not played Brizzy,Carlton,Saints,Melbourne at home,we play GWS at home. In fact all those games are at home apart from Saints game which we might lose:drunk:

Loss to Hawthorn. Some 50/50 games vs Richmond, North, WC and Port. Win 2 of those (and all the rest), that would be 18-4 and would be very stiff to miss top 2 with that record.

WC will be a player in the top 2 race. They can help Syd/Hawks by losing to them, or help themselves (and us) by beating them at Subi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back