Top two finish awaits!

Remove this Banner Ad

If we win this weekend, a top 2 finish is a near certainty IMO.
It'll probably cause Hawthorn to miss the top 4 too.

Doesn't make any sense at all to say a loss will cost Hawthorn a top 4 spot, considering they are currently a game and hefty % clear in 4th spot. Top 4 is basically a certainty for Hawthorn, this game is more relevant to their top 2 chances.

Absolutely crucial game this weekend. If we manage to win it, have top 2 spot pretty much locked in.

Two games clear of second and three games from third I'm not convinced it's absolutely crucial. It would make a minor premier place almost certain though.

If we lose two more from here on in, which would be in line with previous seasons we will still finish top. No way west coast goes undefeated here on out. On balance is even expect Syd and Hawks to lose once each. The good news is they all play each other from here.

Port away unless top two is secured should be a win. North are average without wells. We have wce covered through the midfield and simply want let gaff run free. Tigers away... Who knows, we seem to play them better away than home. All in all top two is still looking a lock from here. Good times!

Doesn't make any sense at all to say a loss will cost Hawthorn a top 4 spot, considering they are currently a game and hefty % clear in 4th spot. Top 4 is basically a certainty for Hawthorn, this game is more relevant to their top 2 chances.

A loss this week, plus Sydney away and west coast away. Who will you tip in those games? I think they will be good enough to split those games. Not sure which one they will win though?

A loss this week, plus Sydney away and west coast away. Who will you tip in those games? I think they will be good enough to split those games. Not sure which one they will win though?

Even if they lose all three, they'll still finish 4th at worst. They'll win the rest, and sides like Pies, Richmond, Dogs will lose at least 2 more games and stay behind Hawthorn.

Have just done a bit of research (really have too much time on my hands), and have worked out that every time in the last 15 years (except in 2011 during a very compromised year) that a team has scored 18 wins that it has finished top 2. What does all this mean for Freo? We basically need 6 more wins and we have it locked in.
Counting chickens......yep probably.

Have just done a bit of research (really have too much time on my hands), and have worked out that every time in the last 15 years (except in 2011 during a very compromised year) that a team has scored 18 wins that it has finished top 2. What does all this mean for Freo? We basically need 6 more wins and we have it locked in.
Counting chickens......yep probably.
Don't think you're countings chickens at all. I think we will drop one this weekend and one other and that will be it. A win this week and we have top spot locked for mine.

Since 2007 ISC apparel has featured in the Grand Final.

2007 Geelong (ISC) V Port (Reebok)
2008 Hawthorn (Puma) V Geelong (ISC)
2009 Geelong (ISC) V St Kilda (ISC)
2010 Collingwood (Adidas) V St Kilda (ISC)
2011 Geelong (ISC) V Collingwood (Adidas)
2012 Sydney (ISC) V Hawthorn (Puma)
2013 Hawthorn (Adidas) V Fremantle (ISC)
2014 Hawthorn (Adidas) V Sydney (ISC)

2015 ???? Fremantle/Sydney (ISC) V Hawthorn/West Coast ???? or ???? Fremantle (ISC) V Sydney (ISC) ????

So 12-2 top of the table with a big win to come this weekend. Another four points and much needed percentage booster needed!

The easiest part of our draw to come, with some mildly testing games against Rich - NM - WCE to test our form running into our home final.

So 12-2 top of the table with a big win to come this weekend. Another four points and much needed percentage booster needed!

The easiest part of our draw to come, with some mildly testing games against Rich - NM - WCE to test our form running into our home final.

I hope the three games you refer to are only mildly testing. At the moment I don't feel confident about any of them.

Would've thought Port would be in there if their form sticks. We will lose all four unless we get back to our best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would've thought Port would be in there if their form sticks. We will lose all four unless we get back to our best.
Thats almost one of our problems... We can beat those teams playing not at our best as our mids and team defense are good in enough on most occasions to suffocate them into errors.

It just doesnt work against the very best. Port could be a test but they have been so up and down who really knows how they will go\... and they could be out of the race for the eight or locked in a battle with the 6th-9th for the 8.

I say it is a problem as when we win it is easy to pretend all is rosy and not change with the hawks etc at the G in mind.

We should win those games comfortably. Our bad patch is still alright against this lot who aren't genuine flag challengers.

I didnt read through before I replied before... but yes. Our bad is still better than those guys it just doesnt cut it against the hawks.

Thats almost one of our problems... We can beat those teams playing not at our best as our mids and team defense are good in enough on most occasions to suffocate them into errors.

It just doesnt work against the very best. Port could be a test but they have been so up and down who really knows how they will go\... and they could be out of the race for the eight or locked in a battle with the 6th-9th for the 8.

I say it is a problem as when we win it is easy to pretend all is rosy and not change with the hawks etc at the G in mind.
If WC, Rich or Port play at their best I think only our best (or very close to) can beat them.

I see the dockers draw as more challenging than a few think in here.

richmond is 50/50 at best
WCE will trounce you on current form
North 50/50
Port Adelaide 50/50
st kilda - who knows what will happen here - history doesn't bode well

dunno seems to be a bit of misguided optimism here considering there seems to be a blue print going round on how to beat Freo and also that the 50/50 games are unfortunately all played away.

Other teams challenging will ultimately lose as well which means top 4 should be a lock but top two? Not so certain.

I come in peace - just an impartial view

I see the dockers draw as more challenging than a few think in here.

richmond is 50/50 at best
WCE will trounce you on current form
North 50/50
Port Adelaide 50/50
st kilda - who knows what will happen here - history doesn't bode well

dunno seems to be a bit of misguided optimism here considering there seems to be a blue print going round on how to beat Freo and also that the 50/50 games are unfortunately all played away.

Other teams challenging will ultimately lose as well which means top 4 should be a lock but top two? Not so certain.

I come in peace - just an impartial view

I feel the same and totally agree

However the best news is that freo are out of form and still have time to regain it

It we were getting beaten playing our best football it would be much worse

I'm not even chalking Carlton as a win...

Me either, really worried about it especially as it'll be another wet weather slog fest.

I fully expect there to be the bare minimal changes to the side from last week with only Tabs, Sutty and Crozier as the possible inclusions.

Any word on Fyfe's cork? Wouldn't be surprised if he missed but I've been away so may've missed news on it.

Getting over Richmond keeps is top though the percentage is ugly. Makes me sad we didn't convert 6-8 goal leads into bigger wins early.

Wce game is an 8 point game essentially. And wce Hawks is big too.

I think we will win against wce and have no idea on the other one.

Think we don't drop one or at most we drop the one game from here.... It's tight at the top!! Nice still to have our destiny in our hands but also adds to the nerves each game!

Would be nice to have a fit Nat fyfe before finals too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back