Top two finish awaits!

Remove this Banner Ad

I did the Bailey's Ladder Predictor last night and I had us losing one more game from here. That will probably be either the derby, or Port away in round 23.
It could even be North away, but please don't let it be the Saints away again.

The Hawks will probably drop one more game from here and that will probably be to the Racists here.

The Racists won't want to reach the finals without a loss, so I have them losing one more game this year, probably against either the Hawks here, us in the derby or Adelaide away.

One more loss to the Hawks or the Racists means they can't claim top spot unless we drop two more games from here.

I would guess that we finish top with the Hawks 2nd and the Racists finishing 3rd with the Swans finishing 4th.

That would be the best result for us too.

Locking top two is not a given thing yet.
Hawthorne are only two games behind us,if we drop two games and the eagles on drop on we will end third.
it is not a bad proposition if WC finish second and not Hawthorne as we will playing at Subi.
As much as i hate to say it,i would like to see us finish 1st and WC second so that if we are to meet any one WC or Haw in the third week of the final (presuming that we won the first week) we will play them home and i think we will be in the box seat as we would have been rested for a week ala 2013 Sydney Game.

I did the Bailey's Ladder Predictor last night and I had us losing one more game from here. That will probably be either the derby, or Port away in round 23.

The Hawks will probably drop one more game from here and that will probably be to the Racists here.

The Racists won't want to reach the finals without a loss, so I have them losing one more game this year, probably against either the Hawks here, us in the derby or Adelaide away.

One more loss to the Hawks or the Racists means they can't claim top spot unless we drop two more games from here.

I would guess that we finish top with the Hawks 2nd and the Racists finishing 3rd with the Swans finishing 4th.

They'd probably be the best result for us, but how confident are you that we'll only drop one more game? Derby and North away is very challenging, Port may even need a win in Round 23 for finals.

Think Richmond will come out completely fired up and on song, or a complete rabble, depending on how they recover from the weekends loss. Hopefully it's the former.

I'd prefer it if WCE were 2nd - Get the Hawks to potentially travel twice. I'd rather play them in a Prelim at home (assuming we win wk1) than the GF with them having not traveled for 4+weeks. Also think the Tigers could secure 4th with the Swans dropping out of the 4.

If we're now calling Eagles "the racists" then I'm ashamed to be a part of this fan base.

As long as West Coast defeat Hawks in 2 weeks time, we'll still finish second even if we lose to the derby and send Peel over against Port Adelaide. Might not be preferable to play Hawthorn week 1 but as long as key players get rested the week before we'll be fresh enough for them. If Hawthorn do defeat West Coast and we lose the derby, then Port Adelaide becomes a must win match. Win and it's top spot against Sydney, lose and we're 3rd facing West Coast week 1.

As long as West Coast defeat Hawks in 2 weeks time, we'll still finish second even if we lose to the derby and send Peel over against Port Adelaide. Might not be preferable to play Hawthorn week 1 but as long as key players get rested the week before we'll be fresh enough for them. If Hawthorn do defeat West Coast and we lose the derby, then Port Adelaide becomes a must win match. Win and it's top spot against Sydney, lose and we're 3rd facing West Coast week 1.

Good analysis. I also don't think we'll lose to Wet Toast. They've only beaten us once in the last 11 or something like that.
And with Johnno back, we'll be close to full strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting over Richmond keeps is top though the percentage is ugly. Makes me sad we didn't convert 6-8 goal leads into bigger wins early.

Wce game is an 8 point game essentially. And wce Hawks is big too.

I think we will win against wce and have no idea on the other one.

Think we don't drop one or at most we drop the one game from here.... It's tight at the top!! Nice still to have our destiny in our hands but also adds to the nerves each game!

Would be nice to have a fit Nat fyfe before finals too!
That's quite a big call. They're flying ATM and we have been in ordinary form. We have a couple of weeks to iron out some issues, but the WCE game will be far from easy going on current form. Their tall forwards could be a handful - Dawson?

That's quite a big call. They're flying ATM and we have been in ordinary form. We have a couple of weeks to iron out some issues, but the WCE game will be far from easy going on current form. Their tall forwards could be a handful - Dawson?

I'll pick us to beat the Eagles. Their dominance stems from natanui at bouncedowns. Sandi completely nullifies that dominance. There won't be any taps 1.5m clear of the contest direct to shuey ect. And we will tag or at least play someone on gaff.

Nothing they've done recently says that our usual formula against them won't work.

Once sandi dominates the hitouts the rest becomes a contested battle. Freo to win by 27

Pfffft because our speculation affects the team...

If we struggle against GWS we are in serious trouble. We should beat them by 40+

Yep, totally dislike when many 'fear' that we could lose to bottom teams. Last time it was Carlton at home lol

If we can't best the lower teams may as well not turn up for finals.

Not sure why so many fear North and Port as well, as this year both are rabbles. They're not top 4 quality and just making up the numbers based on their performances.

It's an ugly term, but I'm sorry to break the news to you that pretty much everyone in the entire country is currently saying it.
Pretty much everyone in the country is entirely too simple in thought, then.

Eagles might be a bunch of dweebs for booing every time he goes near the ball (I mean honestly... what a waste of breath), but saying they're all doing it because they're racist is being simple.

Minorities have the psychological armour these days of assumption.
Boo a player because he's a dickhead, and he's gonna get pissed off because you think he's a dickhead. Boo a minority player for being a dickhead, and he's never going to think maybe he is being a dickhead, because he gets to assume its because he's black, Muslim, Chinese, whatever flavour of the month minority is.
He's never going to question his own motives as long as he wears that armour.

It's curious, really, in that assumption is almost exactly what they're attempting to fight.

I am really hoping and praying for us to finish top of the ladder after that I would expect the Hawks and WCE to fight over 2 and 3 and then we get Richmond or the Swannies in the first round of the finals.

But as others have said we have to win the next game first. There is still a long way to go. No chickens being counted yet just hopes voiced.

More the fact lets control what we can and that GWS this week

RTB doesn't work on hypotheticals

And what exactly do we control??

'We' control nothing not even this week. As that's the case I hope you aren't even discussing this week. As you can't control any of it you are not engaging in discussion on a discussion forum but hypotheticals. And we all know Ross doesn't deal in hypotheticals....

In fact you shouldn't be discussing any young player or he seen on any changes thread... Why? Ross doesn't deal in hypotheticals.

Same for free agent thread... Again all hypothetical and you guessed it.. Ross doesn't deal in those..

I love RTB and what he's done for the culture of the team and most of how he operates. What I dislike is pumped up foolish people on here using internal team cultural cornerstones to pose as superior. If you truly believed Ross doesn't deal in hypotheticals then you would happily engage in these discussions as you know that these hypotheticals won't affect someone who doesn't deal in them.

Think Richmond will come out completely fired up and on song, or a complete rabble, depending on how they recover from the weekends loss. Hopefully it's the former.

I reckon the Tigers could fall in a giant heap from here and blow it. It is Richmond.

I reckon the Tigers could fall in a giant heap from here and blow it. It is Richmond.

Be interesting won't it... If they fall in a heap they could struggle for a few weeks. woukd love it if they beat the Hawks but can't see them getting within forty points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back