Top two finish awaits!

Remove this Banner Ad

Week one finals scheduling will be interesting given Freo and WC are most likely going to finish one and two (or two and one).

I believe the typical slots for the four games (2 Qualifying Finals and 2 Elimination Finals) are Friday night, Sat afternoon, Sat night, Sunday afternoon.

Normally the QFs tend to be earlier in the weekend, from memory. Given there won't be two games at Subi on the Saturday, one of the QFs will be on the Friday night or the Sunday arvo and the other on the Saturday, with my tip being Saturday afternoon (to allow the travelling team time to get home and because there could be an all Victorian EF).

The Friday night slot will be interesting given that all likely top 4 teams (except Richmond and Norf) would've played on the Saturday in R23 (six day break) and three of the four (WC, Syd, Freo) would have also played on the Sunday in R22 (consecutive six day breaks). Not sure either of the WA teams would want a Friday night QF.

The logical option would be for whoever finishes 2nd to play the Friday night qualifying final. Consider it an extra perk to finishing top.

Big win this week will be good for some momentum. Will be interesting to see the Adelaide result.

Will also be interesting to see the team port puts out next week. Top
Two is and has been sewn up. Hoping for a 7+ goal win minimum.

I think Ross might be willing to concede the minor premiership depending on how we play this week. He has never fixed ladder position to face certain opponents and first up against the Hawks, he wouldn't care.

This Melb game is probably the most important game just for confidence, if we can't score 100+ psychologically its going to play up on the players minds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could Wet Toast tank next week to finish 4th and then play us first week of the finals? Saves them travelling.

Minor premiership is sealed with a week to go! Best case scenario despite less than amazing form recently.

Even better, it's done with a week to go, meaning that half the team can be rested next week.

Looks like Sydney will be our Qualifying Final matchup for sure. I'm happy with that. Prefer them to the Bulldogs despite their finals experience.

Also, it's very likely that the other QF will be here, unless St Kilda somehow beat the Eagles, which they won't.

All of this has been made possible by two fluky events: our last minute win against Richmond a while back and, crucially, the Eagles' draw against Gold Coast. If not for that, they'd be level with us and would beat us to first on percentage (unless we beat Port).

It's a win-win-win all round for Freo today. :p:thumbsu::rainbow:

Or we can try to win and get a home final?
Exactly. Not sure why you would want to tank and miss out on a potential home prelim safety net if you lose your home qualifier. Sydney could lose also and you end up finishing third and travel to Melbourne.

No way you tank. Saints will get destroyed.

Got fired up on Facebook (too many do gooders with namby pamby attitudes towards banter against other clubs) to the point that I likened those who did not like my top of the ladder check in to those who support racist political views etc.

The status got edited as it got a wee bit heavy for some. But still checked in to top of the ladder.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Could Wet Toast tank next week to finish 4th and then play us first week of the finals? Saves them travelling.

WC will beat st kilda next week thus setting up a challenging QF v Hawrhorn,which IMO WC will win.

IMO it's setting up to be a derby GF.

Freo and WC are in the box seat to play in a historical derby GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back