Top two finish awaits!

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
I know its only the squiggle.... but the squiggle has us as premiers!

Id be interested to see what the new accuracy has been with his new algorithm for the finals. Seppo and clogged might be able to give more insight.

I know it doesnt mean we will win, just found it interesting.
And the Squiggle is like.. footy god!

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
I know its only the squiggle.... but the squiggle has us as premiers!

Id be interested to see what the new accuracy has been with his new algorithm for the finals. Seppo and clogged might be able to give more insight.

I know it doesnt mean we will win, just found it interesting.

And if you look it has us beating Sydney in the GF by 480 points :) I'll take that

But in all fairness the squiggle compares the teams fairly accurately

Have a look at how close it was to the freo v Sydney and port v hawks scores !!!!

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
A win tomorrow and two wins clear of Hawks and Sydney... North could make things interesting tonight. Sadly I'll have to watch gws beat wce... Hopefully!

Also the showdown is interesting for us too. Could be 14-16 wins = top 4 this year?

Banker

Club Legend
May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
We're getting closer :D

Should be interesting if NM can win, but I have no hope in that team.

Nov 28, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
none
A win tomorrow and two wins clear of Hawks and Sydney... North could make things interesting tonight. Sadly I'll have to watch gws beat wce... Hopefully!

Also the showdown is interesting for us too. Could be 14-16 wins = top 4 this year?
Win tomorrow and we'll be 2 wins clear of Hawks,Sydney and Port. I know there's a long way to go but that's a bit of breathing space from the three teams I rate most highly.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Win tomorrow and we'll be 2 wins clear of Hawks,Sydney and Port. I know there's a long way to go but that's a bit of breathing space from the three teams I rate most highly.

Yep and still the teams most likely to fill out the top five. There may be a surprise in the top four I suppose. But those are the teams that I think will rise to the top.

The harder it is for them to get there the better for us also!

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Top Two Watch -

Review - Freo deliver a 68 point spanking without playing their best football for long periods. I put the talk of it being the most complete performance of the season down to the fact it was the weakest opposition of the season more than our guys. However new structures and other strategy was trialled during the game. Good percentage booster but despite doc larkins assessment we came away with two injuries to key players. Pav being the most worrying.

Up Next - Essendon @ Domain - 39 point win.

Hawks - Win over the kangas - how is it when champions (judd also) play dirty it is excused as a brain fade and 'not a good look'. Three week suspension to hodge being the big news as he misses against Sydney. Injuries to KPD a worry. Their army of clean disposers are still a threat to any team.

Next - Wins over two relatively easy beats in the next fortnight.

Sydney - Lose at home to the WB in upset of the round. Look for them to rebound hard against the demons this week. Percentage booster awaits.

Port - Winning the showdown despite conceding inside fifty count alarmingly. Boak for mine is clearly their best player. Ports midfield should shred this weeks opponent. Though if they give away so many inside fifties again it could be interesting.... then again the eagles mids with pressure applied struggle to deliver the ball well.

Coll - not talked about much as the dogs have been the big surprise, but with their draw and some momentum they should now finish in the eight if they dont get injuries to key players. This week is a fifty fifty game for them. Geelong aren't what they were but aren't exactly easy beats either.

Dogs - Will go in favourites. Good look at two lists who have been rebuilding. Saints played ok last week. WB should win.

Kangas - Rich - Would have thought North would win... but who knows. Losing coach dummy spit will be almost as interesting as the game. I expect a fast, high scoring, low on accountability shootout. Both teams look in the 6-10th realm this season.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's some good value there.

At 5-0 I'd be deeply disappointed if we didn't at least finish in the 4. Even though the obvious aim is top 2 it's too far in the future for me to make any bold statements on that.
Before the season started I would have been disappointed if we didn't finish top four. at 5-0 and more importantly 2 games ahead of our main rivals i would now be disappointed if we didn't finish top two. Its in our hands, we aren't relying on other results to go our way, which is all we can ask.

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
We play Melbourne twice this year, Richmond and the Eagles too, our draw is shaping quite well.

Melbourne at home should be a percentage booster. Eagles possibly without kennedy... darling may be back by then but I dont know who will kick their goals against us, unless its junk time then lecras might get a couple. Richmond seem to play well against us for whatever reason, though that may be because we didn't used to put teams away and they can score quickly. Perhaps this is the year we put them away?

GWS - GC - Bris - Car - Stk (shudder) to come also.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Before the season started I would have been disappointed if we didn't finish top four. at 5-0 and more importantly 2 games ahead of our main rivals i would now be disappointed if we didn't finish top two. Its in our hands, we aren't relying on other results to go our way, which is all we can ask.

You know what I cannot remember another time when we were not relying on percentage and other results

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
You know what I cannot remember another time when we were not relying on percentage and other results

I know, i was thinking that when I posted. Every year we have had to rely on some element of other results going our way. This year its all on us. Good feeling!

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
There's some good value there.

At 5-0 I'd be deeply disappointed if we didn't at least finish in the 4. Even though the obvious aim is top 2 it's too far in the future for me to make any bold statements on that.
We were 7-0 in 2012 and finished 5th, we were hit pretty hard with long term injuries. A long way to go but your team looks the goods, LTIs are the only thing stopping you now.

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
We were 7-0 in 2012 and finished 5th, we were hit pretty hard with long term injuries. A long way to go but your team looks the goods, LTIs are the only thing stopping you now.

Yes but just politely that team is not really comparable to this one in terms of talent and depth. Also that was the season that began the epic flat track bully mythos. Of those 7 wins you beat 2 that made the 8. North finished exactly 8th and you won that wacky game against Hawks which had like 50 points kicked in it.

Yes but just politely that team is not really comparable to this one in terms of talent and depth. Also that was the season that began the epic flat track bully mythos. Of those 7 wins you beat 2 that made the 8. North finished exactly 8th and you won that wacky game against Hawks which had like 50 points kicked in it.
Technically that was the first game of AFL water polo, neither bird could swim.

.. If I remember the game correctly.

Back