Total List of AFL Live 2004 PC Bugs!

Remove this Banner Ad

ok im back after that computer shutdown

heres a list of bugs and weird things

BUGS

- Occasional weird media vote choices (lade got 3 votes and didnt go on the ground)

- occasional comentary glitches (call players the wrong name)

- interchanges i make show up wif that lil popup about 1 qtr after the players have actualy interchanged.

WIERD THINGS

- computer doesnt use interchange

- theres no siren

- one green scored a goal and was counted as a goal etc in the scorecard etc etc and in this game i scored 2 supergoals in this game btw. at the end of the game with the goal lickers list green was noted as kicking a super goal not a goal

- some very weird computer lineups

- with historical games...you cant adjust the starting lineup before the game so in my case i am stuck with Ellis at centre half back :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

- no streakers :D

Bugs:

Lineup thing.
Commentators sometimes say the names wrong etc

Weird Things:

Joe Misiti looks like a sumo wrestler.

Votes have been right every time I have played.

Its just a pity they are only decided by how many possesions the player gets. If a full forward gets a bag he nevers gets any.

- computer doesnt use interchange

Erm... it does.

My biggest problem is that bloody crashing error :mad: I don't really have a problem with any of the features of the game, and even so, a bit of comic relief is all good ;) IE - Gerad Healy, "This guy would have to be best on ground" (4:43 on the clock, 5 minute quarters :p )

Problems:

- Commentry wrong for Port Adelaide.
- Sound freezes and repeats itself when the game finishes, starts and between quarters
- Interchange pop up sometimes doesnt work
- AI barely use the bench
- No siren

Geez... did they not test this game?

Why the hell did they not just wait and release it just before next season so we have updated rosters and all these bugs and other problems would be (hopefully) solved.

Originally posted by dyertribe
Why the hell did they not just wait and release it just before next season so we have updated rosters and all these bugs and other problems would be (hopefully) solved.

That would have been far, far, far, far too easy.

The roster thing is likely to stop me from buying the game, the bugs are just disapointing regardless.

Originally posted by Deestroy
Haven't got the game yet, but am planning on getting it.
Whats the problem with the Port commentary exactly?

For all its bugs, at least there's a new AFL game out.

I will sell you my copy if you like. $60.

I didn't say I was going to pay for it.

And yeah, I'd pay over RRP even if I was...
It's 90 odd RRP on PS2 and XBOX.

On the PC... As for the bugs, commentary is stuffed, always calling players by the wrong names.

I also have no siren, sometimes players will take a speccy on someones shoulders, but there is no bloke underneath him to take the speccy on!

That bloody annoying crap when you take a mark and you are bashing the crap out of the kick button and it just waits and waits, then you get to kick it.

The commentary sucks pretty much on the computer, it's almost embarrasing playing it, I think to myself, what would Americans think of us if they played this game. I mean, a bloke goes up for a huge massive mark, and the commentators don't say anything.

This game is still a huge dissapointment, I wish we had the market in Australia to be able to demand quality games such as FIFA and NBA LIVE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My List

- No Siren
- No Sound for kicks
- Stupid loop when by-passing team entry and songs
- Players Sliding when trying to sprint.. no animation for legs at times.
- Speccies on thin air
- Stupid AI positioning of your players to get speccied over
- Slow reactions
- Slow Movement even though you are sprinting and you have full stamina.
- When Tackling someone .. the commentators will call that the player being tackled is playing a great tackling game or is tackling well.
- Controls are hard to use
- Easy is too easy
- Medium - See Easy
- Hard is BS... well with all those slowdown bugs and no control of your player when trying to contest a mark etc .. It is impossible to win unless you grab it out of the ruck .. slam it on the boot .. crumb the spillage and snap a goal. Of course that only works if the Full Back doesnt take a speccie on your Full Forward.
- Handballs arent controlled it is worse than 2003.

I wish they would make the game with 2004's graphics with AFL99's game player and Aussie Rules Footy Goal kicking meter.

(PC version)

The Port bug is just plain pathetic - names used in voice over commentary are completely different to the player involved. Hell, they use names from other teams!

Controls are frustratingly unresponsive, not to mention that the keyboard can't be customised beyond certain presets that I find useless.

No siren noise.

Speccies on top of nothingness, and an AI that just lets itself get used as a jumping platform when they are there.

Brief freezes between quarters.

Interface is very counterintuitive - can't make up its mind if it wants to be mouse or keyboard based...makes NHL 2003's frontend look like a work of art!

And is there any way to stop my lineup from constantly reverting back to the crappy default one at the start of every game? I am sick of constantly rearranging...
(remember: PC version. I know of the console bug.)

Haven't got the game yet, but am planning on getting it.
Whats the problem with the Port commentary exactly?

For all its bugs, at least there's a new AFL game out.

Say Stevens has the ball they might say Pickett or someone.. its like that for every single Port player..

Originally posted by Mr Eagle

And is there any way to stop my lineup from constantly reverting back to the crappy default one at the start of every game? I am sick of constantly rearranging...
(remember: PC version. I know of the console bug.)
I dont dont change them anymore.. cant be bothered.

Originally posted by rfctigerarmy
Say Stevens has the ball they might say Pickett or someone.. its like that for every single Port player..

Oh gee...sounds like it will be enjoyable for a Port fan like me :mad:

Not sure if this has already been discussed (I've been lazy, haven't really read all the posts) but I can't change the lineup of my team in a finals campaign.

As in, if I goto 'Play game' and 'Finals' then I have to use the default team... Anybody else had this problem?

Originally posted by Shaitan

As in, if I goto 'Play game' and 'Finals' then I have to use the default team... Anybody else had this problem?

Pretty much everyone, especially the console users like myself. It sux but thems the breaks! Occurs in the regular season too. Only one off games allow you to get rid of the likes of Ellis,Moorcroft,Leoncelli & Wheatley & Swap them for Ferguson,Armstrong,Thompson & Miller like in real life. How Ellis & Moorcroft made the default team i'll never know... They played 3 games between them in the seniors!

A few minor bugs i've noticed.

- When the opposition is lining up for goal & I'm controlling the man on the mark he suddenly drops his hands to his sides as the opponent approaches, not the case if the AI controls the MOTM. Strange I reckon.

- Set shots are too easy, especially at Colonial where there's no wind. Even on Hard (if you manage a shot!) it is easy.

- You can run in of the wing before the bounce with no infringement (your ruckman is usually beaten however!). At least while the umpiring is set to lenient or normal. Haven't played much on "strict"

- No deliberate.

- My injuries are set to "on" yet i'm yet to witness ANY!

- Never been pinged for being tackled after grabbing the ball out of the ruck. Not tried it on "strict" yet.

There are more can't remember them atm.

Joe Misiti looks like a sumo wrestler.
check the profile in the game and you will find that he is 150kg!!!
Also another thing the producers did was make some of the aboriginal players with dark skin and some with just the white skin type (eg. mcleod, wells), doesnt affect game just plain laziness on their behalf.

Pretty much everyone, especially the console users like myself. It sux but thems the breaks! Occurs in the regular season too.

Well, I'm only having problems in a finals series... A full-season seems to work perfectly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back