Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
Thought I'd make a separate thread for the Tough Enough discussion since it starts Wednesday morning. 10 AM AEST on YouTube I believe.

Anyone watch the competition special? I'm watching through it at the moment and I'll give the show a chance, but I don't have high hopes.

What exactly is tough enough? Like wrestling is obviously scripted, so you can't have a real fight to get eliminated like say in UFC's Ultimate Fighter. How do you get eliminated?

What exactly is tough enough? Like wrestling is obviously scripted, so you can't have a real fight to get eliminated like say in UFC's Ultimate Fighter. How do you get eliminated?
Tough Enough isn't quite in kayfabe, it's kind of odd how they handle it. Each week they go through different aspects that it takes to be a wrestler like mic skills, cardio along with being just being able to wrestle and traditionally the judges would eliminate the people they didn't think had the potential. This season I think it's voted on by the fans who stays an who's eliminated. It's also more of a reality show than Ultimate Fighter (Lesnar v Dos Santos is the last season I watched so it might have changed a bit since then), so there's a thin veil of kayfabe and sob stories like a lot of reality shows.

Pretty much, they do have some Hogan, Paige and Bryan as judges so I'm not too sure how the eliminations will work. Maybe those three choose their bottom 3 and then the public votes on that, so that WWE can keep some of their scriptedness to it. It's still quite scripted anyway, with all the coaches and Jericho playing certain characters.

how many more Dana Brooke's are we looking at here?
Too many, the one girl that loved wrestling had to leave due to a heart problem and was replaced by some Brazilian model. I think almost every person in the competition is either a bodybuilder, MMA fighter or American football player. There's one amateur wrestler and an alligator wrestler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many, the one girl that loved wrestling had to leave due to a heart problem and was replaced by some Brazilian model. I think almost every person in the competition is either a bodybuilder, MMA fighter or American football player. There's one amateur wrestler and an alligator wrestler.
Look out, Hornswoggle.

So for a show that is supposed to recruit wrestlers to a wrestling company, the number of professional wrestlers is next to none ...

Seems legit.

#WTFWWE

So for a show that is supposed to recruit wrestlers to a wrestling company, the number of professional wrestlers is next to none ...

Seems legit.

#WTFWWE
There's one guy that loves wrestling and one girl that was introduced to wrestling by her boyfriend and loves the Bella Twins. Close enough right?

There's one guy that loves wrestling and one girl that was introduced to wrestling by her boyfriend and loves the Bella Twins. Close enough right?
Will have to do. Reckon the tallest, biggest fella will win the men's comp. They'll have to take measurements for me to decide the female winner.

so he's the Jeremiah for this season?
That's the best explanation for him. He's in worse shape than Jeremiah, but this year everybody is green as gooseshit so he may have more of a chance if he makes it to the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back