Tough Mudder

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm doing Tough Mudder in a couple of weeks with a group of friends, we have been training for months but I don't really know if I'm ready! Our team leader has done it 6 times and is confident of pulling us all through. It's going to be a great weekend, we have rented a house on Phillip Island for the Friday Saturday and Sunday nights for 11 of us..our event is on Sunday so we will be able to celebrate afterwards if we survive.

http://toughmudder.com.au/obstacles

This is the biggest fitness challenge I've ever attempted and yea it looks a bit scary but awesome fun too.
Has anyone here done it and what was your experience?

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haven't done one yet but will one day.

I know plenty whom have though & one thing they've all mentioned is to make sure one of the early starting groups otherwise you can be waiting along time to begin each obstacle.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I haven't done Tough Mudder but later on this year I'm doing a Queensland thing called Stampede.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
Is tough mudder where you get electrocuted and stuff?

Not in a million years would i do that.

I do yoga, swimming and walking and that's it. I might run for a tram or train every now and then.

• Admin
Did it, brilliant will do again.. the only thing was down at Phillip island it was bloody freezing and that was the worst obstacle of the day..you start by jumping in a big ice bath so that sets the tone! Got through the whole 21km's and did every obstacle, a couple I couldn't finish because it was so damn slippery and I was frozen but we all attempted them all. There was 10 in our group and we all finished and no injuries so pretty happy with that. The electric shocks weren't too bad except for 1 that got me in the shoulder OUCH.

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
I did it last weekend also, first timer and I don't consider myself to be overly fit, but I did engage in an 8 week training program in preparation for it.

Enjoyed it thoroughly, wasn't too cold for my although my girlfriend was freezing at times. There was only really 4 obstacles that you have to line up for because they're a bottleneck, but most of the obstacles are quick to get through - I started at 12:40pm too so wasn't that early.

It's a lot more running than I probably anticipated and alot of it was on uneven ground so my feet are pretty sore even a week later.

The low point was the electric shocks, I copped a couple in the body which were okay, but I copped one in the back of the head which knocked me out for a split second.. I likened it to the power going out at home and watching my tv go black and turn back on instantly.. I got to the end of the obstacle and wondered why my mouth was full of mud, quite digusting! The best part about it, nicky, is that you can skip any obstacle if you don't think you're up to or want to do it.

I'd probably do it again.. it was quite a great feeling when you finally get across the line and get that sense of achivement..

Apr 6, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Definitely check out The Warrior Challenge if you liked tough mudder. They do it up on Lake Mountain so it gets very cold, even in the warmer months. They have a winter warrior challenge in the middle of the year too, everything covered in snow!
It is the best feeling crossing the line for these events

Stenglein's a Champ!

Premiership Player
May 29, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
The low point was the electric shocks, I copped a couple in the body which were okay, but I copped one in the back of the head which knocked me out for a split second.. I likened it to the power going out at home and watching my tv go black and turn back on instantly.. I got to the end of the obstacle and wondered why my mouth was full of mud, quite digusting!

Did it in Perth in October last year, exact same thing happened to me! Came to with my face in the mud wondering what the f**k had just happened!

The main issue I had was cramp for the last couple of kms but I still managed to complete all the obstacles bar the balance beam, fell off two metres from the finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back