subanwallan

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2008
Wallan
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wallan Magpies
Just read a thread from a different league on the toughest players in theyre comp. so i was just wondering what are people thoughts on the toughest players from probably the toughest league!

Just read a thread from a different league on the toughest players in theyre comp. so i was just wondering what are people thoughts on the toughest players from probably the toughest league![/

Magic Milner
Paul Pascu
Ron Rooney

From the 70's, 80's and 90's!!!!!!!

Just read a thread from a different league on the toughest players in theyre comp. so i was just wondering what are people thoughts on the toughest players from probably the toughest league!

Bob Clare or Danny Jessen from Doutta probably deserve a mention

He sure was one tough footballer that Menzies. And he never got the nickname Knuckles for no reason either, loved to let one go if the oppurtunity arised

Been a Marby supporter some of the toughest were Big Tony Juric and Darren Bell for his size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robert Briedis at East Keilor was a very tough player in the late 80s. A classic case of white line fever....a terrific bloke once the game was over..

Mate you are kidding me
Belly could not beat his mother at table tennis .
But ask him he will tell you how good he was

Darren Bell from Strathmore?

Bobby Clare and Steve Wilson were hard.

Craig Cootee was a nutter. I think he busted Jessens jaw by mistake.

Plenty of hard boys in the Glenroy sides of the early 90's.

Garry Noonan from Moonee Valley was also very tough.

There was tons of tough players back in the 1970's.

Dinger Bell i remember when he played at sunbury in the early 90s , and the great man got manhandled and throw around like a rag doll by two strippers in the jelly wrestling pit one pleasent sunday . But two his credit he never gave in and stayed in there for the full 3 rounds . I herd he came out on top that night too.

Dinger Bell i remember when he played at sunbury in the early 90s , and the great man got manhandled and throw around like a rag doll by two strippers in the jelly wrestling pit one pleasent sunday . But two his credit he never gave in and stayed in there for the full 3 rounds . I herd he came out on top that night too.

Dinger Bell wasn't only the toughest man to ever play in the EDFL he was the toughest man to walk the planet. The term "the grass is greener on the other side" was coined because players would leave clubs to join his teams, because 'the grass was greener on the other side', after they had left the old turf cos it was covered in the blood from Dinger's victims.

Rumour around a few years ago that Dinger and Superman made a bet on a fight, the loser had to wear their underwear on the outside of their pants.

I remember when Belly swallowed 10 bottles of sleeping tablets once and all they did was make him blink.

Another good Dinger story was he once made love to a guy because he'd run out of women in the north west suburbs.

And I have it on good authority that for most blokes, the left testicle is larger than the right one. For Dinger, each testicle is larger than the other one.

F**k Dinger Bell was tough! Wait to Dinger hears about this thread and that a few have dismissed him, - he will hunt youse down and give you one of his famous left jabs that has bee measured to have a force equivalent of the big bang. When the yanks went looking for weapons of mass destruction their radar guide them to Dinger's left claw.

I haven't seen him for a long, long time, but he's a good bloke Belly.

Probably the only good bloke to ever come out of the Strathmore FC.

I haven't seen him for a long, long time, but he's a good bloke Belly.

Probably the only good bloke to ever come out of the Strathmore FC.

There were a few decent ones out of strathmore , caught up with dinger at the races last year . was playing superrules still, dont know how , looked like he had swallowed the moon . although hadnt lost his touch he was still drawing a crowd .

Dinger Bell wasn't only the toughest man to ever play in the EDFL he was the toughest man to walk the planet. The term "the grass is greener on the other side" was coined because players would leave clubs to join his teams, because 'the grass was greener on the other side', after they had left the old turf cos it was covered in the blood from Dinger's victims.

Rumour around a few years ago that Dinger and Superman made a bet on a fight, the loser had to wear their underwear on the outside of their pants.

I remember when Belly swallowed 10 bottles of sleeping tablets once and all they did was make him blink.

Another good Dinger story was he once made love to a guy because he'd run out of women in the north west suburbs.

And I have it on good authority that for most blokes, the left testicle is larger than the right one. For Dinger, each testicle is larger than the other one.

F**k Dinger Bell was tough! Wait to Dinger hears about this thread and that a few have dismissed him, - he will hunt youse down and give you one of his famous left jabs that has bee measured to have a force equivalent of the big bang. When the yanks went looking for weapons of mass destruction their radar guide them to Dinger's left claw.

i herd about that story about the guy , it was his little mate who looked like frankie holden wasnt it

The Tullamarine side that won 5 A grade flags on the trot had some pretty tough blokes, including Ricky McLean and his brothers.

The Tullamarine side that won 5 A grade flags on the trot had some pretty tough blokes, including Ricky McLean and his brothers.

Teffy the Mclean boys did never ever play for Tulla
Some of the tough(hard but fair with courage not belting guys who were going at the ball) players for Tulla were Peter Owen,John Glen,Stephen Sparks,Jock Delalande,Peter Mutimer,John Torpey,Alan Paterson with apologies to many others which had a little bit to do with their 5 flags in a row

Some of the tough(hard but fair with courage not belting guys who were going at the ball) players for Tulla were Peter Owen,John Glen,Stephen Sparks,Jock Delalande,Peter Mutimer,John Torpey,Alan Paterson with apologies to many others which had a little bit to do with their 5 flags in a row

Yes some hard fellas there especially little georgie could he take a hit . One of the toughest from the 80,s was trying to get a drink out of Peter Lord. When it was his shout , could he duck and weave then he would
blind turn the bar and head straight for the toilets . Had all the moves off the field .

Really? Are you sure? I was just a kid at the time, so I may have muddled my memories.

I definitely remember Peter Owen, he was an out and out star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back