Touk Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...924974883?nk=3fe8b3e7f15da9e7d9c89843dbb4cfac

He can’t recall much from the two-day cricket fixture, but the memories of his senior football debut against Essendon Doutta Stars remain strong.

Preparing to come off the bench in the opening quarter, Miller recalls nerves shooting through his body as former Collingwood star and Maribyrnong Park coach Brodie Holland ran to the bench to tag him into the match.

“It was very daunting, one of the biggest games I’ve ever played,” he said.

“When I had to come on the ground for the first interchange I was swapping with Brodie, it was something different.”

Holland remembers a fast, skinny, highly-skilled young footballer taking to Division 1 like a veteran.

“One thing is for sure, he’s got natural ability to win the footy and a lot of pace,” Holland said.

“To play a 15-year-old, you’ve got to know they’re ready. He was still pretty skinny but the fact he was pretty quick gave us the confidence to play him as a young guy.”

Holland, a veteran of 155 AFL games with Fremantle and Collingwood, said Miller had the talent to make the top level.

“I think the first thing that most clubs look for is that you’ve got the mental capacity and I’ve seen enough of him to suggest he’s got plenty of that,” Holland said.

“The other thing that stands out which isn’t always the case with 17-year-olds, is that he’s got a very good defensive game.

“At Maribyrnong we put the pressure side of our game in high esteem and he was one of the top pressure players as a 16-year-old. It’s a real hallmark of his game ... it’s really just instilled in him and is a natural part of his game.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...nt-of-difference/story-fngnvocb-1227132015888

AFL national talent manager Kevin Sheehan said Miller’s undeniable athletic ability and leadership had put him in the draft window.

“He’s got all those factors that surround him that suggest he’s an AFL player and a draftee,” Sheehan said.

Those thoughts are echoed by the man who installed Miller as Vic Metro captain, representative coach David Flood.

“He’s a great leader, fantastic young man,” Flood said.

“Unfortunately, he hurt his AC joint through the carnival … but he’s got unique talent as a player and I think he’ll go really well either with his footy or if he decides to do something else.”

Last edited:

So impressed by the way he speaks, watching his highlights i am bloody excited and cannot wait to see him run around for the Mighty SUNS!

It's been a remarkable physical transformation from our man Touk since we drafted him back in 2014!

touk_620x620_27feb.jpg

T5Lo0bI.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back