Tour De France 2013 Stage 18: Gap - l'Alpe d'Huez 172.5km

Remove this Banner Ad

Great race today, Sky being *******s aside. Shame that Contador was so s**t, but oh well.

If the rest of the weekend is like that, who cares about GC.

Why bother having the rules if teams will blatantly break them with little fear of reprisal. Might as well just have a free for all.

Hope Froome pays Richie's fine, he would have been in serious trouble today if not for Rich.

I know Porte isn't well liked on this forum, but I don't mind him. Would think he deserves a serious pay rise from Sky. He a chance to go to another team next year as a GC contender?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is he will be team leader at the Giro next year.

According to Tommo there may be a problem with Contador's bike weight. He also disagreed with Mcgory over sugargate, hopefully he gets Mcgory fired like with Rupert.

penalty will be 20 secs and 200 CHF if they enforce it. Froome totally unrepentent
They have enforced it.

Quote from Froome; "If you look at it technically, Richie actually took the feed from the car, not me. Maybe that's something that should be taken into consideration,". :eek: What nerve!

This would be an awesome tour if it wasn't for the cheating pricks at Sky.

how deep do you want to look at the term cheat, the guy 2nd place or the team (histroy) of the 3rd place guy,,heck greenedge two leading men are ex dopers, just enjoy cycling as you see it like last night was a real joy... i really can't workout the bmc team they are just deadwood in this tour (cash they spend on riders).

They have enforced it.

Quote from Froome; "If you look at it technically, Richie actually took the feed from the car, not me. Maybe that's something that should be taken into consideration,". :eek: What nerve!

What a complete and utter w***er. He took the proceeds of the crime so is guilty anyway.

how deep do you want to look at the term cheat, the guy 2nd place or the team (histroy) of the 3rd place guy,,heck greenedge two leading men are ex dopers, just enjoy cycling as you see it like last night was a real joy... i really can't workout the bmc team they are just deadwood in this tour (cash they spend on riders).

I think it's more the fact that if Froome wasn't in the equation the top 4 riders are so damn close this would be such an epic tour (instead of the frustrating tour it is)

I am warming to Froome, I love a villain and there aren't too many more sadistic evil pricks in the sport of cycling than him. Arrogance- check, willing to cheat- check, willing to throw teammates under the bus- check. If he complained a little less and started talking more trash I would love him. Lets make him the British/Kenyan Lance!!!

20 seconds is a pretty lenient penalty. Should have been a minute or more as it was just so blatant. And without the feed he may have easily lost another minute to Quintana. If you're going to enforce a rule you have to make the punishment for breaking it worse than the loss someone might expect if they don't break it.

Anyway, fingers crossed this will lead to a worse day for Froome tomorrow and/or Saturday.

Richie Porte did that a bit easy.... Team Sky...:eek:

How to put this while staying within the "stage thread" guidelines... He wouldn't be a contender at any other team because he wouldn't have access to Sky's "sports science" expertise?

But if he rode Vuelta or Giro wouldn't he feasibly be the team leader? Sky could give the Giro to Porte, Le Tour to Wiggins and the Vuelta to Porte, or some combination therein.

Edit* I just read this back and realised how ridiculous it would sound if not for Skys domination, imagine a team being able to raffle of grand tours. Hilarious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back