Tour De France 2014 Stage 10: Mulhouse - La Planche des Belles Filles

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought if he stayed out front today, that if a bit of luck goes his way (like the luck has gone to Nibali in this stage), that he might contend.

Or is he more for the future?

Just doesn't have the pure climbing ability in the mountain to hang with the big boys - as evidenced in earlier stages this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:( !!!

can't believe he's out. more dreams lying shattered by the side of the road.

he seemed to give it a fair go after the crash though.

rebecca ******* gibney i do not care for.

Anyone up for predicting the top 10 now?

I'll go for

1. Nibali
2. Valverde
3. Porte
4. Mollema
5. Costa
6. Talansky
7. Van Garderen
8. Van den Broeck
9. Kwiatkowski
10. Fuglsang
(11. Bardet/12. Peraud/13. Pinot)

Thought it's extremely explosive and I've got virtually no confidence in it. Backing Talansky in to get over his injury troubles and think he'll put time into all of them bar Porte, Tejay and Kwiatkowski in the TT and is probably the 4th/5th best climber left. Think Tejay/VDB/Kwiatkowski and perhaps Costa will be found out on the high climbs and that Fuglsang will falter a little in service of Nibali.

Stage is set for a Porte podium though.

Did he just not want to ride the rest of the way on his own? Did he know he wasn't going to get back on this stage and he was losing too much time? No offense but he seemed to give up just a little bit to easily. I've seen riders torn up and seemingly in worse shape (Johnny Hoogerland got smacked by a car into a barbed wire fence for f*** sake) still get back on and finish the stage. Ok so they haven't been GC contenders but to me, it doesn't look good for him - oh I'm hurt and my chances of the overall are gone, so I might as well pack it in.

Happy to be proved wrong by broken bones - but if he's just got a case of gravel rash, even a bad case of gravel rash.....

Oh well the tour is wide open now.

Did he just not want to ride the rest of the way on his own? Did he know he wasn't going to get back on this stage and he was losing too much time? No offense but he seemed to give up just a little bit to easily. I've seen riders torn up and seemingly in worse shape (Johnny Hoogerland got smacked by a car into a barbed wire fence for f*** sake) still get back on and finish the stage. Ok so they haven't been GC contenders but to me, it doesn't look good for him - oh I'm hurt and my chances of the overall are gone, so I might as well pack it in.

Happy to be proved wrong by broken bones - but if he's just got a case of gravel rash, even a bad case of gravel rash.....

Oh well the tour is wide open now.
Think about it... Would you like to ride another 90km odd with some sort of pain? And it's not exactly an easy 90km...

I cannot mourn countador oops extra letter
But will be less interesting without him
Saying that take out Froome and contador and we'll enter the moment enter the man

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back