Tour de France 2014 Stage 13: Saint Etienne - Chamrousse

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody better mention the name Bradbury for the rest of this tour after today. I mean I heard a couple of nonces on Fox Sports talk about it being a bit of a Bradbury after Contador went down. I think that without a doubt they can STFU and just admire what Nibali is doing on this tour. Over the cobbles and up the hills.

Nobody better mention the name Bradbury for the rest of this tour after today. I mean I heard a couple of nonces on Fox Sports talk about it being a bit of a Bradbury after Contador went down. I think that without a doubt they can STFU and just admire what Nibali is doing on this tour. Over the cobbles and up the hills.
Froome and contador would have smashed this pretender.

Definitely don't feel it's a Bradbury at all, he's riding fantastically, however it would have been far more interesting if the likes of Froome, Contador, Wiggins and Quintana were there.

You don't agree?

His last three Giros have been 3rd 2nd and 1st. His last three Vueltas have been 1st 7th and 2nd. His last two Tours have been 6th and 3rd. Throw in back to back Tirreno Adriaticos and a host of other smaller races. Nibali is no "Pretender"

He also had over 2minutes on Contador. Yeah it might have been more interesting, Contador might even have got him. But smash the pretender? You are a long way off the mark on that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Richie cracked due to running on empty? Usually doesn't struggle this early on in climbs when riding as a domestique.

Actually there is a pattern of Porte cracking early on one of the first big climbs in a race and losing 5 to 10 mins. It's what has kept him out of serious GC leadership consideration for big races. Strangely he recovers and usually rides well for the rest of the race - but his GC standing is shot to pieces. Unless he can sort it out he will always be a domestique. He is 16th now, 11 mins down. And Sky sacrificed Thomas' and Nieve's standings as well to help Porte.

Unless Richie can return to form tomorrow I think Sky might start to support Nieve - he would have finished in top 10 today I think.

Obviously. You could say that about every Grand Tour. Like it or not, you won't get the best at every event and riders are going to crash out.

That's cycling.

Hey I'm not the one complaining. I was expecting a third year of boring Sky dominance, much prefer watching this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back