Tour de France 2014

Who do you think will win the Tour de France 2014?

• Alberto Contador

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I made food and forgot all about it. Did it happen, or at least some song to do with planes?

Talansky looks shattered, if he keeps going today I hope he doesn't get eliminated.
Good on him for getting back on bike after sitting on side for so long. Stop spooking and ride or pull out jump in car and keep helmet on euro cool style

agreed, I don't think anyone should begrudge contador for putting on the red vest

he did climbing one mountain with a broken leg. jeez. tough crowd.

really feel for him.

in non-stage specific news cancellara has pulled out of the tour, I find this surprising, I would have thought tonight's stage could have really suited him, figured it would happen a little later in the tour.

glad I didn't put him in my fantasy team.
Contador certainly injured no doubt and I feared he was not up to task anyways. But would have liked to see what he could deliver. Shame esp if he was not at fault but another weird set of events that one.

I made food and forgot all about it. Did it happen, or at least some song to do with planes?

Talansky looks shattered, if he keeps going today I hope he doesn't get eliminated.
I missed it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely flat. No household names probably doesn't help (as the mainstream media wont pump it up) but like Vader said, Froome and Contador going down didn't help. OGE struggling as well.

Contador going down has kind of ruined it for me, just because he is a bit of maniac, and there would have been some awesome descents etc as he tried to make up time.

Froome doesn't have much charisma but it WAS good looking at his performances, seeing how they measure up to previous marks etc.

Quitana also not riding kind of sucks - love that guy.

Contador going down has kind of ruined it for me, just because he is a bit of maniac, and there would have been some awesome descents etc as he tried to make up time.

Froome doesn't have much charisma but it WAS good looking at his performances, seeing how they measure up to previous marks etc.

Quitana also not riding kind of sucks - love that guy.

Quintana is awesome and he looks like he is 45 years old but is actually like 23, its bizarre.

I'm really enjoying the tour. With Contador and Froome out, there will be a first time winner and even though Nibali seems a lock, whether he can finish the job is another question.

No Cadel? Froome & Contador crashing out, turning it into a one horse race?

Nup re Evans. I don't care if there are Aussies at all, TBH. Apart from the Socceroos, a must-watch in any sport isn't heightened at all due to Australians. Evans got my attention because he was a ******* good rider. Same as Gerro.

Enthusiasm was low prior to the crashes. I think a big reason was the fact that many riders who could light this race up (not just from a GC pov) aren't there. Giro had more of them!

In saying that, I'm now interested to see what happens in the next 3 pyrenean stages. Nibali is wearing yellow but it's all about the Frenchies and Valverde now. CLimbers classification is purito's to lose. Shorter steeper climbs with plenty of them all tailored for him. Only way he could * it up is going hard for numerous climbs for small points and then losing a heap of points on the HC double point finishes in Plat a'det and Hautacam. It seemed to be how Nibali and Majka got back at him in the Alps.

Easily the most boring TDF i can remember. Such a shame Froome + Contador withdrew. Would have been awesome seeing them try and claw back time fron Nibali. Having said that, how good is Nibali. Absolute champion.

Agree would be nice to have them there but at the end of the day they stacked he didnt , one of them so many times i lost count. Can be as good as you like but if you keep crashing then ........

Easily the most boring TDF i can remember. Such a shame Froome + Contador withdrew. Would have been awesome seeing them try and claw back time fron Nibali. Having said that, how good is Nibali. Absolute champion.
Really? I much prefer this one to 2012, where Wiggo literally did not attack, he just couldn't be dropped.

Really? I much prefer this one to 2012, where Wiggo literally did not attack, he just couldn't be dropped.

This. Have enjoyed this addition far more than the previous 2 without the farce that is Team Sky boring everyone around France.

Back