Tour de France 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't help but think Quintana could have actually won this if he hadn't spent 3km sitting behind the pace making of Anacona. If he'd kept going at his own pace, he just might have got the time he needed.
Disagree. He was starting to rock in the last k or so. Had he gone earlier, he would have put himself too far in the red too early. Was a great effort by him.

Is there ever a competitive final stage?
Not since Greg Lemond won in Paris, beating Fignon by 7 seconds, but that was an ITT - not a road race.

By tradition the peleton calls a truce until they reach the Champs Elysees. After that it's on for young & old, but there's no chance of any real time gaps being established while doing laps on the ultra-flat Champs Elysees circuit.

Honest opinion guys.

I'm 34, carrying more kilos than I did when I was fit and haven't done anything competitive for a few years now.

I have a road bike that is far better than my level would suggest. Do I sell the house and try to win the TDF?

Honest opinion guys.

I'm 34, carrying more kilos than I did when I was fit and haven't done anything competitive for a few years now.

I have a road bike that is far better than my level would suggest. Do I sell the house and try to win the TDF?
Not unless you know a really, really good pharmacist.

The most stacked tour of recent times, and I'm talking GC contenders, not crashes. It was also one of the most boring in terms of GC before the last 2 stages. Get rid of race radio, it makes everyone too predictable.

The most stacked tour of recent times, and I'm talking GC contenders, not crashes. It was also one of the most boring in terms of GC before the last 2 stages. Get rid of race radio, it makes everyone too predictable.
The reason it was so boring is because UK Postal are on some seriously good juice. I don't know what they're on, but it's something that the other teams either don't know about or don't have access to. Remove their blatant chemical enhancement and it could/should have been a brilliant race.

The Tour was fantastic for the first 9 stages. Then it was destroyed as a spectacle when Froome left Quintana standing still on the climb to La Pierre Saint Martin. From that point on it was a procession, until the last 2 days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back