Tour de France Stage 15: Givors - Mont Ventoux 242.5km aka The beginning of the End

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a regular watcher of the tour, can someone tell me how it's obvious he's on the gear? Is it because of his body weight/performance ratio or just because he's blown everyone away?

The way he accelerated away from the peleton group, the best climbers, bar Quintana who made a breakaway few minutes earlier, they had ridden about 234km were on a 10% gradient and he just accelerated away like he was starting a time trial and probably put 400m on that group in less than a minute.

The commentary on France2 is openly discussing Froome doping. They believe that he only stopped that first time past Quintana to make it look good.

Oh deer

do you have access or are you reading media and social media reports??

I would never accuse someone of doping unless there was clear evidence and proof, but this whole feed bag cheating incident proves that Sky are not above bending the rules. It is therefore not a giant leap to think they could also be cheating in other ways. I hope the officials are right on them after this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the SBS goons still can't bring themselves to mention even the possibility that he's doping - despite it being blatantly obvious to everyone with eyes to see.

Rubbish mate, they made it clear that the reason he is winning is because he's riding with belief (and not riding with guilt? Whatever that means). If only the other riders had some, maybe they'd be up in the standings too!

Rubbish mate, they made it clear that the reason he is winning is because he's riding with belief (and not riding with guilt? Whatever that means). If only the other riders had some, maybe they'd be up in the standings too!
Yeah.. I hit the send button about 30 seconds before they started discussing it.

Now he's making excuses for them handing out the feed bags at the 10km mark..:rolleyes:

Good grief. His apologetics for Sky's disgraceful behaviour is just flat out embarrassing for SBS.:thumbsdown:

They said the race organisers may have changed the rule for today to make it no food inside 10km. If that is the case, how is that 'making excuses'? It's clear you're just incredibly biased against Sky and bring them up at any opportunity. Which is fair enough, it's pretty likely they dope, but ffs it gets a bit tiring.

They said the race organisers may have changed the rule for today to make it no food inside 10km. If that is the case, how is that 'making excuses'? It's clear you're just incredibly biased against Sky and bring them up at any opportunity. Which is fair enough, it's pretty likely they dope, but ffs it gets a bit tiring.
If the organisers had changed the rules then every other team would have had officials there, handing out the feed bags. Coincidence that UK Postal were the only team to have someone handing out the feed bags?

If the organisers had changed the rules then every other team would have had officials there, handing out the feed bags. Coincidence that UK Postal were the only team to have someone handing out the feed bags?

Not saying they did or they didn't, but raising the possibility is hardly making excuses for them. Until something is confirmed I'd say it's all just speculation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back